Eleven

My Rooftop Princess

"Myungsoo, which one is better?"

I asked as I showed him two pictures that was taken a few days ago. I waited for his answer and I noticed that he was spacing out. He's been looking through the window for a few minutes now, it seems like something big is bothering him.

"Myungsoo.."

He snapped out as he looked at me with a curious expression. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, yea, I'm fine." He hesitantly said as he looked at the pictures. "Are you sure? You've been like that for a few days now." I worriedly said.

"No, I'm fine. Really. I'm just a bit stressed right now." He said as he rubbed his temples and leaned his body on the backrest of the couch. "You can sleep for awhile. We can continue it later." I said as he shook his head. "No, it's okay. We better finish it before the deadline." He said as he fixed himself.

"I insist, Oppa." I said. "I..."

"Please, Oppa. I think you deserve a little break anyway." I stated as he sighed. "Okay."

"Kaja!" I stood up and pulled his arm. "Carry me~" he said in a baby tone as I pulled him with all my strength. "No way! You're too heavy." I retorted. He pulled me towards him as I landed on his hard chest. He wrapped his arm around me as he held me tight.

"Then stay with me as soon as I fall asleep. " He whispered. I blushed as I slightly smiled. "Okay."

~

"Waa. It's done~" I said with a satisfied smile as I looked at the finished project that we both made. "Yea..I hope this will give us a high grade." He chuckled.

"Yea, I hope so, too."

We suddenly heard a grumble as we both laughed. "It seems like someone is hungry." He teased as I slapped his arm. "Yah! We've been doing our project for 4 hours. So, don't tease me, because I know that you're also hungry." I retorted. 

He laughed as he ruffled my hair. "Okay, okay. Don't be mad at me." I slightly smiled. "Wait here,"

"Where are you going?" He asked. "I'll cook some dinner." I answered and headed to the kitchen.

I was stirring the sauce inside the pot, suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I already knew that it was him, so I just decided we stay that way. He tightened his hug as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Something wrong, Myungsoo?"

He slightly shook his head as I felt him smiled. "Nothing. I'm just happy right now." 

Something was definitely wrong with him. Those words were vey...scary. The way he said those words gave me goosebumps all of a sudden. I should be happy, right? But, no. I was worried..and scared.

"Really?" I asked, my voice was already shaking. "Hmm," he nodded. "Very happy."

~

I was inside the library, scanning the shelves as I searched for the book that I need for my report. The ending of school is coming soon and I wanted to do the best I can, so that I can atleast graduate with honor.

"As expected."

I turned around and I saw my ever so dashing boyfriend, leaning on the shelf with his arms crossed on his chest. He gave off his infamous smirk as he looked at me.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked. "What? I don't get a "Hi" or anything?"

I giggled as I shook my head, "Hey, Oppa."

"Well, that's better." he shrugged as he stood up properly and walked towards me. "Do you have any plans tonight?" He asked. "No, why?" I curiously asked. "Good. I'll pick you up at 8." He said as he gave me a quick peck and left.

I stood there frozen as my brain tried to process. What just happened? I shook my head as I snapped out of it. I held the book close to my chest as I walked towards my seat.

~

I was being unproductive when I heard my phone beeped.

"Be there in 8 minutes. Can't wait to see you. :) -Rooftop Prince Myungsoo"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I read the text again. What? Why is he coming? My eyes suddenly bulged out from my sockets when I remembered about our date. . I activated to ninja mode as I ran towards my room.

I rummaged through my closet as I searched for the most decent clothes there could be.

I opened the door as soon as I heard the knock on my door. I saw him dazzling under the moonlight as it gave more focus on his features.

"Ready?" He asked as I nodded.

He brought me to an extravagant five-star restaurant. From the floor to the ceiling, everything looks expensive. It seems like everything has a hint of gold and I know that only the rich and high class can afford it.

We were both enjoying a dish that cost so much but have a very small serving. No wonder they aren't gaining any weight. And don't even start me with their dessert. But thanks to him, I got to experience a high class life once in awhile.

We were on our way out from the resto when he suddenly halted. His parents was just infront of us, probably on their way to the resto, and he looked more surprised than them.

"Appa..Umma.."

"Annyeong haseyo." I greeted.

I looked over to their right and I saw a middle-aged woman with them as she stared at me. "What're you doing in here?" He asked, as the shaky tone in his voice is very visible. "Well, we're here to discuss Mrs. Lee's lost daughter." His father answered. Mrs. Lee? That must be her.

"Yoobin?" The woman suddenly came up to me as I weirdly looked at her. "Excuse me, ma'am. But who are you?" I curiously asked. "I-I'm your mother, Yoobin." She suddenly proclaimed as she took a grasp of my arm.

"Wh-what?" I looked over at his parents, but it seems like they were also confused like me. But L seems...calm and nervous at the same time. 

"I-I don't know what you're talking ab---"

"Wait! The daughter that you left here in Seoul....is Yoobin?" This time, it was Mr. Kim's turn to speak. "Yes..she's my daughter." She eagerly said as she smiled at me.

"But...how are you related to her, Myungsoo?" She finally took notice of L as she looked at our linked hands. "She's my...girlfriend." He answered. "G-girlfriend?" She raised an eyebrow. "So..you knew all along?" She asked as I looked at him, trying to see his reaction. 

"No, I mean, yes. It just that..." 

"And you didn't tell us?" L was already confused as his tongue get tied. I was already confused and curious at what they are talking about. I removed my hand from L as I looked at him. "What are they talking about, Myungsoo?" I asked as I firmly looked at him. 

He sighed in defeat. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Lee, I should've told you sooner." He looked down. "The girl with me right now is your daughter, Han Yoobin."

All of them gasped as my eyes widened. "But you didn't dare to tell us?" She said, disapppointment was all over her voice. "I'm sorry." 

He looked over at me as I backed away and shook my head repeatedly. "Yoobin, let me explain." 

"No," I firmly shook my head. "Please, Yoobin." He held my hand as I quickly retrieved it. "Stay away from me!" I yelled. "Please~" Tears were already forming in my eyes as L tried to talk to me but I insisted on not listening to any single word he says.

"No, no, no, I don't want to hear anymore of your lies! I hate you! You lied to me! I hate you!" I cried as I quickly ran away from him. "YOOBIN!" He shouted. I didn't dare to look back or stop. I tried to ran as fast as I can with my heels that are obviously going to break any minute now. 

I didn't know where I was going as my feet dragged me to nowhere. I just want to be alone. I just want to stay away from them. I want to stay away from him. I stopped running when my heels started to break. I kept crying as I collapsed on the floor with my knees. 

I may have look so helpless right now, but I don't care. I was too hurt to even notice the people staring at me. I cried like a little lost kid as I caught some attention of the passersby. 

"What are you doing in here?" 

I looked up and I saw a familiar guy kneeled down infront of me. "Here," He handed me a handkerchief as I hesitatedly took it. "Thanks." I managed to say. "How about we go somewhere warm. It's pretty cold out here." I nodded as he helped me up. 

I didn't expect that I will be meeting him again, and in this kind of situation.

He never changed. 

My childhood bestfriend.

--------

A/N : Who has a twitter? FOLLOW ME: @20thKatherine