Twenty

My Rooftop Princess

“You what??!”

He blurted as he suddenly spit his juice. “Eww,” She cringed as she wife her arm with a tissue. “So, you decided to be the maid of honor, and their designer?” He asked as I nodded. He chuckled as he leaned on the sofa, “Well, this is good.”

She scoffed, “Yah! This is not some kind of Korean drama where you could enjoy watching it.”

“Oh, yes it is.” He had a smug smile on as he drank from his juice. “You’re not helping me at all.” She stated as she crossed her arms. “Who told you to accept their offer anyway? You’re just hurting yourself.”

“Well, I can’t turn it down. KangHyun had been my friend since I was in New York. She had been a great help to me.” She answered. “I’m sorry, Yoobin, but I can’t help you on this one.” She sighed as her shoulders slumped down, “I know, Jin. I know.”

 

“Yoobin? Is that you?”

She slowly turned around as she looked at the voice who called her. “Oh! Sungyeol-ah!” She muttered as he walked towards her. “It is you!” He exclaimed as he gave her a bear hug. “Sungyeol-ah, I missed you.” She smiled as they pulled away.

“So, how are you? When did you come back? Are you still single? How was your life in New York?” He barraged her with a lot of question.

“Woah! Easy there, Sungyeol. I can’t answer those questions at once.” She chuckled as he laughed. “Sorry about that.”

His phone suddenly rang as he answered. “Okay, okay, I’ll be there.”

 He sadly looked at me, “Hey, I have to go for an urgent meeting. I really want to stay and chat with you, but they need me now.”

“It’s okay, Sungyeol. We’ll meet each other again.” She reassuringly said. “Yea, hm, can I get your number, so that I could text you if we could grab some lunch or something so we could talk.” He said as she nodded. “Sure,” She punched in her number as she handed it back.

“Thanks. I’ll text you as soon as possible.” He said as she giggled. “You don’t have to, Sungyeol.” She said as he smiled. “I’m going now; it was nice seeing you again.” He said and she nodded. “You, too.”

 

Her phone suddenly buzzed off as she received a text message. She stopped her drawing as she opened it.

From: 0734XXX

Hey, Yoobin! Sungyeol here~ Just wanted to ask you if your free for lunch. Reply back. J

She stared at the text for a while when someone suddenly grabbed it. “What are you staring at?” He asked as he read the text. “Yah! Give it back!”

“Who is this Sungyeol guy? Is he some stalker?” He inwardly chuckled as he gave her phone back. “He was a friend back in high school, Ian.” She firmly retorted as she closed her phone. “Yea, whatever.” He waved his hand uninterested as he sat on her swivel chair. “What are you doing here anyway?” She asked as he looked at him intently.

“I was bored in the studio, so I thought of bothering you here instead.” He answered. “I have work to do. Why don’t you go and roam around Seoul instead.” She stated.

“I want to, but I don’t have anyone to come with me.” He said as he stuck his bottom lip out. “No, Ian! I can’t.”

“But—“

“Why don’t you ask Minyoung instead?” She suggested as he slumped his shoulder. “I don’t want to.” As soon as he disagreed with me, Minyoung came in.

“Hey, Yoobin! Want to go and grab something? I’m off for today.” She said as she entered her office. “I’m kinda busy, Min. But do you want to go with Ian? He needs some company to.” She answered as Ian shook his head.

“Ian?”

“Ian, you don’t mind going with her, right?” She intensely glared at him. He sighed, “No. I don’t.”

He lazily stood up as he smiled at her. “Let’s go?” She nodded as he followed him. “Have fun!” She shouted as the doors closed.

 

 

“Hey!” She called as she gave Sungyeol a hug. “I’m glad that you decided to have lunch with me.” He smiled. “Yea, it was nothing.” She answered. “Are you sure I’m not bothering you in your work?” He asked as she slightly laughed. “No.”

“Let’s go.” He said as she nodded. He opened the door for her as she entered inside. She hooked arms with him as they walk by the reception desk.

“Oh! Sungyeol-ah!” Someone called as they eyes darted to a man who were waving like a little kid. “There they are.” He said. “I thought it was just as two?” She asked as he smiled at him. “I might’ve called some of my friends.”

She narrowed her eyes when he noticed the man. “Is that…Woohyun?” He didn’t answer her as they walked over to their table.

“It’s about time you let us meet your girlfriend?” Sunggyu chuckled as he looked at her. “Hello there, pretty lady, may I know your name?” Woohyun asked in a flirty way as he kissed her hand. She inwardly chuckled, “Han Yoobin. My name is Han Yoobin.”

“Han Yoobin? Well, that’s a pretty name for a pretty lady.” He commented as she giggled at the clueless guy in front of her.

“WAIT! Did you just say Han Yoobin?” He suddenly asked as she nodded. “Oh, we know someone who’s name is Han—OMG! Yoobin! It’s you!” He blurted as they chuckled at him. “Well, it’s about time you notice it.” Hoya mocked as he looked at him surprisingly.

“You already knew?” He asked. “Duh! It’s pretty obvious just the way she walks.” He answered as she gasped. “Yah! What’s wrong with the way I walk?”

“Nothing, Yoobin!” He stood up as he opened his arms, “Care to give me a hug?” She smiled as she gave him one. “Sit,” Sungyeol ordered as he sat next to him. “So, Noona, how was your life in New York?” Sungjong asked. “Quite good.”

“Have you called L already?” Dongwoo asked Sungyeol. “I texted him, but we all know that he won’t come.” He answered as he sneered. “Yea, I guess so.”

“Oh! L!”

Her eyes suddenly widened when she heard his name. They all stood up as they all give their friend a warm welcome.

“Hey, dude! Long time no see!”

“What brings you here, Mr. Kim?” Sungyeol asked as he playfully punched his stomach. “Oop! Yah! I was free, so I decided to come.” He answered as he looked at the only girl who was sitting on the table. “Yoobin.” He called as she suddenly tensed up. She took a deep breath as she faced him, “Hey! Myungsoo!”

He smiled at her as her cheeks suddenly reddened. “Hey! You need a lot of catching up. Let’s sit down.” Sungyeol said as he made him sit near Woohyun, making them face each other at the dining table.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you home?” Sungyeol asked her as she shook her head. “No, it’s okay. I’ll just take the bus.” She answered. “Okay, it was nice having you for today, Yoobin.” He said as he hugged her. “Usually, L wouldn’t even come if it means dragging him here, but when I told him that we’ll be meeting you, too, he suddenly came.” He chuckled as she fakely laughed. “It seems like he still likes you, Yoobin.” He said as she looked down. “Nahh, he’s already engaged, Sungyeol.” She retorted. “I know, but I’m sure he has a reason for it.” He said as she looked at him. “What do you mean?” She asked as he shrugged. “I don’t know, I don’t think that he really loves KangHyung anyway.”

“How come?”

“The way he looks at you is far different from the way he looks at KangHyun.” He said as she smiled. “I better go now. Be careful, okay?” He stated as she nodded. “You, too. Goodbye.” She waved.

After a few minutes, the rain started pouring. “Aish! Seriously?” She groaned. She covered her head with her handbag as she ran through the rain. Her clothes was drenched wet when a car suddenly stopped by the sidewalk. The window rolled down, “Hop on.”

“N-no, it’s okay.” She said. “Are you sure? I don’t think the rain will stop anytime soon.” He said as she bit her bottom lip. “Fine.” She said as she quickly entered inside. “Here,” He handed his handkerchief as she took it. “Thanks.” She said as she wiped herself with it.

“So, this is where you live?” He asked as he stopped in front of my house. “Yea.” She muttered. She looked at him, “Thank you, Myungsoo. I’ll return this to you after I wash it.” She said as she was ready to leave. “Wait!” He stopped her. “We already talked about this, Myungsoo.” She blurted when he curiously looked at him.

“What do you mean? Your phone just fell from your bag.” He said as he picked it up. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment as she looked down. “Sorry.” She muttered as she took it. “Be careful on your way home. Thanks.” She quickly said and went out.

The front door suddenly opened with Jinyoung holding a towel and an umbrella. “What were you thinking?” He scolded as he wrapped the towel around her. “Sorry.” She mumbled. “Let’s go inside.” He said as he kept her close to him.

Myungsoo sat there with his heart suddenly aching from what he just saw.

 

Hey, GUYS! Do you mind checking my new story? It’s a KAI-FIC and it is titled, “Hospital Room 114”

New and Unique plot! Thanks! Don’t forget to subscribe!

-author-nim