Twenty One

My Rooftop Princess

“Here is the design,” I said as I placed down the folder on top of the table. Kanghyun placed down her drink as she picked it up.

Her eyes widened as she was speechless. “So, do you..like it?” I meekly asked. “Like it? I love it!” She exclaimed as I smiled. “Really? I thought that you wouldn’t like it since it’s a bit simple.” I answered as she looked at her.

“Simple? This is just right. It perfectly fits my taste, Daniel.” She said as I shyly looked down. “Thanks, Kanghyun.”

“No, no. I should be the one thanking you.” She said. “So, when will you start making it?” She excitedly asked. “You can drop by the office tomorrow, so we could take your measurements for the dress.” I answered. “What about the others?” She asked. “Oh yeah, they can come over tomorrow afternoon.” I retorted.

“Okay, okay.” She giddily said. “I’m so excited.” She stated as I giggled.

 

We were all on her studio as my staffs take all of their measurements. Kanghyun suddenly came to her with her phone on her hand. “Oh, Yoobin!” She called as I walked towards her. “What is it?” I curiously asked.

“Is it okay if Myungsoo comes over this afternoon? He can’t come right now because he’s attending an important meeting right now.”

I bit my lip as I looked down. “Yea, it’s okay.” I answered as she smiled. “Great! Thanks, Yoobin.” She said as she hugged me.

 

I heard a sudden knock as my secretary peeked in. “Ms. Han! You have a visitor.” He said as I looked at him. “Let him in.” I ordered as he nodded and left.

I continued my work as I heard footsteps coming in. I didn’t look up because I knew who it was. He suddenly cleared his throat as he tried to catch my attention. “I’ll just finish this. You can take your seat.”

“Wow! Did you design that?” He asked as I looked at him. He was looking at the drawings that I made that were taped on the board. “Obviously, yes.” 

I placed down my pencil as I grabbed my tape measure. “Ehem. Can you stand here, Mr. Kim?” I sternly said as I pointed towards the space in front of me. “Sure.” He said as he walked towards me. I was trying to take all his measurements as I tried not to be close to him.

“I miss this.” He suddenly said as I stopped what I was doing. “Miss what?” I asked. “Being close to each other. And I especially miss you.” He said as I looked at him. He deeply looked at me in the eye as he inched closer to me.

His soft lips were on mine as I tried to sync everything right now. He was kissing me. And I kissed him back. THIS IS NOT GOOD! My eyes suddenly widened as I pushed him away, a bit harshly.

“What are you doing?!” I blurted.

“I love you, Yoobin. I still do.” He said. “You’re getting married, Myungsoo! Are you crazy?” I shouted. “Yes, I’m crazy! I’m still crazy for you.”

“You’re marrying one of my closest friends. She’ll hate both of us if she ever finds out about this! You’ll hurt her! We’ll hurt her!”

“You don’t understand, Yoobin. This is ----“

“Enough.” I looked away. “You better leave now.” I said. “But..” He stepped forward.

“NO! Don’t come any closer, Myungsoo! Don’t!” I warned him as he looked down. “Okay, I’m sorry.” He said and walked away. I knotted my hair unto my hair as I sighed. This is wrong. This is definitely wrong. I grabbed a bottle of wine as I poured it into a glass.

 

“He kissed you?!” Miyoung gasped as she paced around my office. I bit my lip and nodded. “Wait, at least you didn’t kiss him back, right?” She stated as she looked at me. I looked down, trying to avoid her gaze.

“YOU KISSED HIM BACK!” They both yelled.

“Well, it’s confirmed! You still have feelings for him.” Ian declared as I sighed. “What can I do? He suddenly kissed me, and I didn’t know what came over me when I realize I was kissing him back. Ugh. I’m ruined.” I groaned as I covered my face with my hands.

“What if Kanghyun finds out about this?” Ian worriedly asked. “I don’t know. I couldn’t face her anymore if ever she finds out.” I answered.

“Well, the wedding can be cancelled if she finds out.” She said as Ian glared at her. “What?” She asked. “It’s just a conclusion.” She said. 

“Don’t worry, Yoobin. Everything will be alright.” He said as he gave me a reassuring pat on the back.

“I hope so.”

 

“OMG! It’s so beautiful!” She exclaimed as she looked at herself in the mirror. “I love it, Yoobin. I really love it.” She said as I smiled at her.

“What do you think, Myungsoo?” She asked as she turned to Myungsoo who was sitting on the couch. “Myungsoo…” She called as he suddenly shot up. “What?” He asked. “You’re not even paying attention to me.” She pouted as I frowned at him.

“I was! I was just thinking of something, Hyun. Sorry.” He answered as she looked down. “Oh. Were you busy a while ago? I shouldn’t have asked you to come with me then. Sorry.”

“No! It’s not like that, Kanghyun. I---“

“Excuse me, Yoobin. I’ll just go and take this off.” She said, tears were already visible in her eyes. She picked up the bottom of the dress as she ran off.

I disappointedly looked at him as he sighed. “Really, Myungsoo? Really?”

“What? I was lost, okay? My mind is clouded right now.”

“Lost? Lost about what?!” I blurted. He stood up from his seat as he walked towards me, “You! I’m lost right now because of you!” He answered as I was taken aback. “I don’t know if I should marry her because I’m still in love with you.” He said as I took a step backward.

“You don’t, Myungsoo. You don’t love me. Please, just stop. I’m begging you. You’re getting married in less than a month and you can’t ruin it just because of me.”

“I can’t be stuck to someone who I don’t even love.” He said as my eyes widened. I held his arms as I stopped him from walking towards me. I looked down, “Just stop, Myungsoo. Let’s stop this.” I sniffed as he held my wrist.

“Are you sure about that, Yoobin? Do you want me to stop then?” He asked as I nodded. He removed my hands from him as he let go of me. “Okay, I will.”

“Tell her that I already went downstairs.” He said as he walked out. It was stupid of me to let him go. But I have to. This wasn’t right, and I don’t want it to be in an ultimate chaos.

My heart keeps saying, “Myungsoo! Don’t leave me!”