Twenty Two

My Rooftop Princess

I heard a sudden knock when I looked by the door. Secretary Shim peeked through the door as he went in. “Mr. Lee Howon sent you a letter, Miss Han.” He stated as I arched an eyebrow. “Hoya Oppa?” I whispered. “Okay. Thank you.” I said as he placed in on my desk. “Is there anything you need, Miss Han?” He asked. “No, I’m okay.” I answered as he bowed and left.

I stared at the white envelope as I opened it. I pulled the card out as I read it. “You are cordially invited to Lee Howon’s 29th Birthday on March 28. Please wear anything formal. See you at the Zalora Hotel with your date.”

“Date? I don’t even know if I can find someone.” I sighed as I put the letter back.

 

“Knock, knock.” I said as I knocked on his studio’s door. He suddenly turned around from his work as he looked at me.

“Hey, Ian!” I chirpily said as I went inside.

He gave me a curious look as I sat on his couch. “Okayyy, what brings you here, Daniel?” He asked as I forcedly laughed, not trying to be suspicious. “Ohh, nothing. I just wanted to see my good friend.” I answered as I grinned at him.

“Okay. Talk.”

“Whatttt?

 “I know you want something from me, so, spill.” He said as he sternly looked at me. I groaned, “Fine. I need a date this Saturday. And you’re the only guy friend I have, so, want to be my date?”

“Saturday? Is that Sungyeol’s party?” He asked as I nodded eagerly. “Sorry, but I’m already going with someone.” He answered as my mouth parted. “What?! You betrayed me? How could you?” I exclaimed as he rolled his eyes.

“Heerin asked me out first, so, you’re still dateless, Yoobin. Better go and find someone now.” He said as I harshly stood up. “Psh. Fine! I’m going to find the best date ever. Better than you!” I stated as I stormed out from his studio.

“I can’t believe him. He picked her over me. Aish. Where will I find a date in less than 24 hours?”

“Talking to someone?”

I abruptly turned around and I saw Jinyoung standing behind me with a smug smile on his face. “What’re you doing here?” I despicably asked with my arms folded in front of my chest.

“Woah! Are you on your period?” He asked as I rolled my eyes. “NO!” I walked passed him as he followed me. “Something wrong? Huh?” He asked as he put his arm around my shoulder. “Yes!” I answered as I harshly removed his arm from me.

“What is it? Maybe I can help you.” He said as I suddenly stopped.  I had an evil smile on as I looked at him. I clanged on his arm as I showed him my best aegyo, “Can you be my date this Saturday?”

He chuckled, “Wow! That’s fast! Have you fallen head over heels for me already?”

I hissed as I smacked his head. “It’s not a date, you idiot! It’s a party that I am attending.” I blurted as he rubbed the back of his head. “Oh! Then, it’s a no.” He said as he turned around and walked away. “Wait!” I ran towards him.

“Come on, Ji! Pleaseee~”

“No.”

“Please~”

“No, Yoobin. NO.”

“Just this once, Ji. Please~ I’m begging you.” I pleaded.

He sighed, “Fine. I’ll be your date. But..”

I suddenly beamed but suddenly frowned, “What?”

“No wearing of tux, okay?” He asked as I nodded. “Don’t worry, no tux.” I answered. “Okay, okay. I’ll pick you up at 8.”

“Yes, boss!” I saluted as he shook his head and chuckled. “You’re such a kid.” He ruffled my hair as I giggled.

 

“Are you ready?” A hand was suddenly placed on my shoulder as my mom looked at me on the mirror. “You look beautiful, Yoobin.” She said as I smiled. “Just like you, Mom.”

The doorbell suddenly rang as we both looked at each other. “Jiyoung must be here already. I’m going downstairs.” She said as I nodded. “Be there in 5.”

I could hear my mom taking to Jinyoung at the living room as I descended down through the stairs. “’I’m ready.” I stated as they both turned to me. I wore a laced dress that has a long sleeve and it stopped just above my knee. I put on some light make up as I fixed my hair into a bun.

I looked over at Jinyoung and he stared at me with his surprised expression. My mother gave him a nudge as he snapped out. He cleared his throat, “Sorry, I..uhm..”

“Are you ready to go, Yoobin?” He asked as he raised his arm. I giggled as I nodded, “Hm, I am.” I hooked my arms with him as we exited the house. “Be careful, you two. And Jinyoung, take good care of my daughter.” She said as he chuckled. “I will, Mrs. Lee.”

The car stopped in front of the hotel as he ran at my side to open the door. I giggled as I held his hand to help me come out from the car. We both entered inside the reception area and it was full of famous and well-known people who have a high place in the society.

“Yoobin~” Hoya walked towards us as he opened his arms wide. I excitedly ran towards him as I hugged him.

“Happy Birthday, Oppa!”

“You came. I thought that you wouldn’t come.” He pouted as I smiled at him. “Yah! I wouldn’t miss your birthday even if the world ends.”

He chuckled as he suddenly thought of something. “But, I’m more curious of the guy you brought as your date. I want to meet him.” He said as he dragged me to where Jinyoung is.

“Mind introducing me to him.” He stated as he looked at me.

“Hoya Oppa, this is Jinyoung, my date for today. Jinyoung Oppa, this is Howon Oppa, one of my closest friends.”

“Happy Birthday, Howon-ssi.” He said as he shook hands with him. “Thank you. For coming to my birthday and for accompanying Yoobin for today.” He smiled. “It was nothing.”

“Well, you guys enjoy the food. I’ll just go and talk to some other guest. Catch you guys later.” He said as he left. Jinyoung looked at me as he smiled, “So, where do we go?” I shrugged as I looked for someone that I know. I suddenly saw Ian and Heerin near the food stall as I dragged Jinyoung towards their table.

“Ian!” I called as he looked up. “Oi! Yoobin! You made it.” He said as he hugged me. “Of course I did.” I stated as I rolled my eyes. “Oh! So, your date is Jinyoung, huh?” He whispered as he nudged my arm. “Shut up! Good thing he’s there for me, not like someone I know.” I blurted as I glared at him.

“Hey, hey, I have no choice, okay?” He explained as he raised his arms for surrender. “Whatever.” I rolled my eyes and Jinyoung came back with our food. “Here,” he placed it down on our table as he sat beside me.

We were chatting on our table when I heard someone calling my name. “Yoobin-ah~” We stopped talking as we looked on our side. Kanghyun was walking towards us, with his hand holding hers. “Here’s the drama.” Ian muttered as I instantly glared at him. “Kanghyun!” I stood up as I gave her a hug.

“So, who’s your date?” She asked as she looked at my side. Jinyoung stood up, “Hey, Amy.” He said as she gasped. “OMG! Jinyoung!” I looked over at L, and his face suddenly frowned. “Happy to see me?” He asked as she ran up to him and gave her a hug.

She slapped his arm as she asked, “When did you come back?”

“Last year.”

“And you didn’t even bother to call or text me? How could you?” She bitterly said as he chuckled. “We’re both busy anyway.” He answered. “Psh. Or you just came here to see Daniel.” She smirked as he chuckled. “Yes, I only wanted to see her.” He answered as I shook my head.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your date then? Or your fiancée?” He stated as he looked over at L. “Oh! Right!” She pulled L’s arm as he stood in front of us. “Jinyoung, meet my fiancée, Myungsoo. Myungsoo, this is Jinyoung, my friend in New York.” She said.

“Nice to meet you.” They shook hands together.

“It was nice seeing you two here. We’ll just go over there. Come on, honey.” She said as she pulled Myungsoo with her.

It was already 11 in the evening and the party was still going on. “Okay now, we’ll have our last slow dance for the night.”  The DJ said as I sighed. A hand suddenly appeared in front of me as I looked up. “Well, might as well join the others.” He said as I smiled. I took his hand as he pulled me from my seat.

I wrapped my hands around his neck as he put his hands around my waist. We moved into the song, and I smiled at him. It feels like we’re in a romantic fairytale, where the girl meets her prince charming. We had a deep eye contact as he leans his face closer and closer. Our face was only a few inches away as I could already feel his cool breath.

Someone suddenly pulled him away from me as a fist landed on his right jaw. He stumbled as he fell on the floor.

“Don’t you dare kiss her!”

“Are you crazy?!” I yelled as I ran towards Jinyoung. The music stopped as everyone looked at us. He’s eyes widened as Kanghyun ran towards him. “Myungsoo! What were you thinking?” She asked as she looked at him. L confusedly shook his head as he ran away. “I’m sorry, Yoobin. I didn’t know what came over him. I’m so sorry.” She said as she ran to catch him.

“Are you okay?” I asked Jinyoung as he held his jaw. “Hey! You okay, dude?” Hoya asked him as he nodded. “Yea, I’m fine.”

“I’m sorry, Oppa. I didn’t ---“

“It’s okay, Yoobin. You better look after him, his nose is bleeding.”

“OH MY GOD!” I gasped as I tried to wipe it out. “I have a first aid kit in my room. You can go and get him cured in there.” He said as I nodded. “Sorry about the sudden commotion! Let’s continue to party!” Hoya shouted as the music started to play again.

We both went out from the hall as we headed to Hoya’s room. I don’t know what came over to Myungsoo, but he better have any explanation for this.