Twenty Eight

My Rooftop Princess

L showed me around, every part of the area, and he told me everything that happened. From the day we met, and until the day when we went on our separate ways.

“We shared a lot of memories here.” He muttered.

We were lying on the floor as we both stared at the ceiling. He had his arms under his head as I laid there with my hand up in the air. I drew random lines on the air while connecting the painted stars on the ceiling.

“I think it’s just pure coincidental that we had those kind of memories.” I bluntly said as he scoffed. “What did you say? A coincidence?” He asked as he looked at me. “Yes, it is.” I answered as he forcefully turned me around to face him.

“Everything is a coincidence?” He cocked an eyebrow as I gulped. “Y-yes.” I suddenly stuttered. “Then, is this consider as a coincidence?” He retorted as he crashed his lips unto mine. My eyes widened at his sudden move as I tried to push him away with my arms. He trapped me around his arms as he enclosed our gap. I can’t do anything now as I slowly fell for the kiss.

He pulled away as he rested his forehead on mine. “So, was that a coincidence?” He smirked as I shook my head. “As I thought.” He said as he claimed my lips again.

 

 

MYUNGSOO

I was having a lunch with the guys as Sungyeol talks about this barista at some café and how she rejected him. But I found myself thinking about Yoobin as my mind started to wander off. Every time I’m with her she always gives me this incredible feeling that no one can give. Maybe this is what it supposed to feels like when a guy is madly in love to someone.

“Yah, L! Can you wipe that idiotic smile of yours? It’s creeping us out.”

I snapped out from my thought as I shook my head and looked at them. “What?” I confusedly asked as they chuckled. “Thinking of Yoobin, I see.” Hoya smirked as I looked at him with wide-eyes. “What do you mean?” I uncomfortably asked.

“We know what’s been going on, L. You don’t need to hide it from us anymore.” Sunggyu answered as I looked down. “Since when?” I asked. “We just knew.” He shortly answered as I sighed. “So, what are you going to do?” Sungyeol asked.

“I’m going to tell Kanghyun.”

 

 

“Let’s meet at the Shin Jin Yan Resto. I have something to tell you. –Myungsoo.”

I placed my phone back to its place as I drove off to our meeting place. I need to tell her now. This is the only solution that I know. My grip on the steering wheel tightened as my started to grow nervous.

“Myungsoo!” I looked up when I saw Kanghyun coming towards the table. “Why did you suddenly call me yeobeo?” She asked as she pecked my cheeks. “We need to talk.” I said. “What do you want to talk about, yeobeo?” She asked as she suddenly stumbled. I quickly caught her as I inhaled her scent.

“Kanghyun! Have you been drinking?” I worriedly asked as she looked at me. “Oh! Now you care about me?” She retorted as I squinted my eyebrows at her. “Kanghyun, let’s go. You’re already drunk.” I stated as I started to carry her out of the resto. “But, I thought we need to talk.” She said in a wobbly voice. “No, I need to take you home first.” I said as a waiter help me to put her inside the car.

I can’t take her to her house or mine. They might think that something happened to her that she drank too much. I have no choice but to bring her to the rooftop room. I carried her out of the car as she started to mumble incoherent words.

I placed her gently on the bed and went to the bathroom to get a basin of water and a towel. I rolled up my sleeves as I started to wipe her with a wet towel. A continuous knock was heard as I stood up to open the door.

“Where’s Kanghyun?”

I was greeted by a worried Yoobin as soon as I opened the door. “At the bedroom.” I answered as she ran inside. I followed her inside as she anxiously looked at her in bed. “I need to change her clothes. Stay at the living room for now.” She said as I nodded.

I knocked on the door after a few minutes as Yoobin opened it. “How is she?” I asked as I went inside as the faint smell of alcohol greeted me. “She’s..okay.”

I sat at the end of the bed as I placed the back of the hand at her forehead. “Her fever slightly went down.” I said as she let out a relief of sigh. Yoobin is still worried at Kanghyun even though we’re going to a rollercoaster ride right now. Kanghyun must’ve been a true friend towards Yoobin that’s why she’s scared that she’ll hurt her when she finds out about our past, and the present.

I stood up from the bed as a hand suddenly gripped my wrist. I looked down as I saw a weak Kanghyun, “Myungsoo Oppa, don’t leave me. Please.” She muttered as her eyes started to water. “Please, Oppa. I can’t live without you. Please, stay with me.” I looked over at where Yoobin is as she stood there calmly. She turned her soft gave to me as she looked down. “I’ll be outside.” She said as she went out of the room.

“I’m here, Kanghyun.” I said as I patted her head.

 

I saw her by the bench as she stared from afar. She let out a deep sigh as I approached her. I know she’s still bothered about Kanghyun’s state right now, we both are. But Kanghyun has been getting out of hand these past few days. Is it possible that she might’ve found out about us?

“She’s sleeping right now. Don’t worry too much.”

She turned around as she gave me a slight smile. More like a forced smile. I sat beside her as she let out another sigh. “Hey, don’t sigh too much.” I muttered. She looked at me as curiosity suddenly filled my eyes. “Something wrong?” I asked.

“It’s just that, Kanghyun had been acting strangely these past few days, and I’m bothered that, what if, what if she already knows.” She said as fear and nervous suddenly came through me. No. She can’t know it yet. “It..it can’t be.” I answered.

“I think it’s better if we stop this.” Everything started to blur as her words shamelessly repeats inside my mind. Stop this. Stop this. Stop this.

“NO!”

She was shocked at my sudden outburst but soon regained herself. “Can’t you see? She already knows about us. And right now, she needs you. She drained herself with alcohol because of us. She knew that you were going to leave her. And what more can she do to herself when you’ll leave her. I don’t want her to risk her life, L. She’s my friend, and I don’t want her to get hurt.” She said as tears started to run down on her pale cheeks.

“But…what about us?” I helplessly asked as I choked on a sob.

“There are no more us, Myungsoo. I’m sorry. I don’t want to see Kanghyun to be on this kind of state.” She said as I looked down. “Stay for Kanghyun. That’s all I want you to do.” She stated as I looked at her. As much as I hate it, she’s right. Kanghyun needs me, but I can’t always be there whenever she needs me. She needs to be strong, because she’ll face a lot of struggles soon without me.

At the same time, I can’t turn down Yoobin’s request. Just this once, Yoobin. I know I’ll regret this, but this is for her.

“Fine. I’ll stay with her.”