Twenty Nine

My Rooftop Princess

Yoobin

After seeing Kanghyun’s state, my heart suddenly felt guilty, knowing that it was our fault on why she turned out like this. The best way to stop this from going any further is to end our relationship. I can’t afford to hurt many people just because of our relationship. I love him, but if we’re going to hurt a lot of people, then it’s better to stop, and let this feelings fade.

“Take care of her, Myungsoo.” I said as tears slowly spilled down from my eyes as I looked down. “Then, are you going to leave again?” He asked as I nodded. Don’t be sad, Yoobin. Be strong. I sniffed as I looked up and forced a big smile on my face, “But, I’ll still see you on the wedding.”

“I better go now.” I stated as I stood up. “Take care of yourself, okay?” I said as I started walking away from him. I felt sudden warmth on my back as it stopped me from walking any further. “Myung—“

“Let’s stay like this for a while. For the last time.”

My eyes were already red from all the crying as I covered my mouth from sobbing out loud. I held his hands that were in front of me as I silently cried. “I love you.” He muttered as I bit my lip. I carefully turned around as I looked at him, “I love you, too.”

I removed myself from his embrace as I softly smiled. I slowly walked away from him, leaving the person who I’ll always love.

 

 

“So, it already ended?” Jinyoung asked as I sighed. “Yes.” I shortly answered as I fixed the white dress in front of me. “But, if Kanghyun never found out about this, then do you think, you two are still together?” He shot back. I shrugged, “Maybe.”

“You’re still going to attend the wedding?” He asked as I looked at him. “Yes. It’ll be disappointing to Kanghyun if I wouldn’t go.” I answered as he inwardly chuckled. “That’s what I like about you.” He said as I chuckled at him. As I’ll watch them exchange their precious vows, it will definitely hurt, but I know some of my friends will be there to support me. I have to do this, for the both of them.

“When’s the wedding again?”

“Tomorrow.”

 

 

The said hotel was very busy as the big day for the two people had come. We were all preparing for their day. The dresses and suits, the foods for the reception, the things that were going to be needed on the wedding, and the rooms that are assigned for them.

“Can you put this to room 206? And this is to room 208.” I ordered as I put the dresses to their owners towards their designated room. “Thank you.” I let out a sigh as the last dress was delivered.

“Busy day, huh?”

I turned around and saw Woohyun with his casual clothes as his hands were tucked inside his pockets. I meekly smiled at him, “Kinda.”

“Do you mind having a talk with me?” I gave him a curious look as he walked towards me. “And we can grab some coffee.” He added.

We were sitting at the bench by the garden of the hotel. I held the coffee with both of my hands as I carefully took a sip. “So, how do you feel right now?” He bluntly asked as I looked at him. “What do you mean?” I asked, even though I know the reason why he wanted to talk to me.

“You know what I’m talking about.” He straightly said as I chuckled. “Honestly, I don’t know what I should feel right now.” I sighed as I looked down. I’m having these mixed emotions right now. Even though I know I should be sad right now, but I just can’t show it to them.

“So, you’re just going to let him go?” He stated as I bit my bottom lip. “It’s not yet over, Yoobin. You can still play this game.” He said as I sighed. I tried my best to hold my tears, just so he wouldn’t see how hurt I am right now. “I can’t continue. I gave up from the beginning anyway.” I admitted as I looked down.

A pair of hands held my shoulder as he turned me around. “Yah! Wake up! This is not the Yoobin that I met! Why are you giving it all up all of a sudden? You live him, right? Why can’t you fight for him?” He exclaimed as I deeply stared at his eyes. I slightly smiled at him as I carefully removed his hand from me, “I’m sorry, Woohyun. I can’t.” I muttered as his other hand slowly draped down from my shoulder. I stood up and slowly walked away.

 

 

“You look beautiful.” Sungyeol muttered as soon as he saw me went out from my room. “Thanks.” I meekly said. “Only, you’re not the bride.” He said as sadness was heard on his voice. “Let’s go!” He exclaimed as I linked arms with him.

The music started playing as I walked down the aisle. I suddenly met eyes with Myungsoo as I quickly looked away. We watched as the Kanghyun walked inside the churched with her beautiful white gown. She was smiling, but her smiles were saying something different.

As soon as she reached the altar, they both exchanged smiles as the priest started to bless the two. It’s painful, very painful to watch the two of them get married. But, that is how life goes. I looked over at my friends as they encourage me with a ‘fighting’.  I nodded at them as I directed my attention to the two.

“Do you, Kim Myungsoo, take Ahn Kanghyun as your lawful wedded wife?”

“I..do.”

“And do you, Ahn Kanghyun, take Kim Myungsoo as your lawful wedded husband?”

I thought she was going to answer it straightly but she kept silent as she looked down. “Kanghyun.” Myungsoo called as everyone waited for her answer. What’s wrong? “Kanghyun, are you okay?” Myungsoo asked as he held her shoulder. She smiled, “I’m fine.”

She looked up as she gave a hurtful smile. “I…can’t.” Everyone grew shocked and surprised as some of them gasped because of her sudden answer. “What…Kanghyung..are you—“

She lifts up her veil as she faced everybody. “I’m sorry, but I can’t do this. I can’t take someone’s happiness because of this marriage. I just can’t. That’ll be selfish and cruel if I did.” She looked at her parents, “I’m sorry, mom and dad. But I can’t force him to marry me. And understand me because, I still want to do a lot of things before I get married.”

“I give my sincere apology for everyone who came here. I didn’t mean to waste your day.” She stated. “The reason why I can’t marry this kind, caring, and sweet young man here, is because he’s been in love to someone else. I’ve been a hindrance to the both of them because I just came unexpectedly. I know he doesn’t deserve me, and I know someone who he deserves.” She looked at me as she walked towards me. She held my hand as she placed my hand on top of his.

“The two deserve each other’s love. And I’ve been bringing them pains all this time. I want them to end up together, and I know that someone will come to me, too, in the right time.” She said as we both looked at her, surprised.

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo and Kanghyun.” She muttered as a tear escaped her eyes. “This is my own decision, and I want you people to respect it.” She exclaimed. “I have to go now.” She pulled up her dress and quickly ran down the aisle.

“Kanghyun!” Her father called as her mom pulled him down. “Everyone! Hm, this is all of a sudden, but you can all go to the reception for the prepared dinner.” Her mom announced as everyone dispersed out from the church.

“Kanghyun..”

“I’m sorry, son. I’m really sorry.” L’s father came up as he hugged him. “It’s okay, dad.” He said as her mother gently smiled at them. “Oppa! Are you okay?” Myunghee worriedly asked as he smiled at her. “Oppa is fine.” He answered as he ruffled her hair. “We’ll see you at home.” She said as he nodded.

“Woah! I didn’t expect Kanghyun to leave Myungsoo all behind.” Sungyeol said as they gathered up in front. “Yea, me either.” He said as Sungyeol looked over at me and smirked. “We better leave you guys.” He stated as I blinked at the sudden disappearance of our friends.

Myungsoo looked over at me as he softly smiled. The church was only left with two people. The two people who went through a lot of ups and downs. Two people who played that test of fate. Two people who thought of giving up. Two people who are reunited again, and free from any hindrance.

“So, do like to start all over again…with me?”