Twenty Six

My Rooftop Princess

I tossed and turned around my bed as I let out a frustrated sigh. Everyone was already sleeping and I don’t even know why I am still awake. I was curious and a little bit worried about L walking out from the dining table when Kanghyun was talking about me and Jinyoung. And the way L gave her a cold shoulder a while ago was still bothering me.

I kicked off my blanket as I stood up from bed. I might need some fresh air so I decided to go by the balcony. I rubbed my arms as the cold breeze hits me. I inhaled deeply as I closed my eyes. I was interrupted when I heard someone talked.

“What are you doing here late at night?”

I instantly turned around when I saw L standing by the door with his hands tucked inside his pockets as he stood there with his poker face. I stuttered, “I..the..I can’t..Min…”

“Me too.”

He answered carelessly as he walked over to me. I bit my bottom lip as I looked down and turned around. He leaned on the metal railings as I looked at him. He didn’t change; he was still the same Myungsoo that I met before. But his eyes were different, pain and worry was written all over it.

“Myungsoo..”

I trailed off as he inwardly chuckled. I slowly looked at him as he had a playful smirk on. “Why are you laughing?” I asked. “The way you said my name, I missed it.” He answered as he looked at me deeply in the eyes. My eyes widened as he gave a sad smile. I quickly looked away not wanting to melt into his eyes again.

“At Hoya’s party a few days ago, I’m sorry for…punching Jinyoung. I got carried away.” He looked down as my lips formed into a thin line. “It’s..okay.”

“And for my behavior a while ago, I’m sorry for walking out just like that.” He said as I looked at him. “Were..were you jeal—“

“Yes, I was jealous. I’ve been jealous since the day I saw the two of you shared an umbrella while he was holding you so close. I..I just can’t stand seeing someone being that close to you, especially Jinyoung.” He looked at me sternly as it softly changed.

He was jealous? Jealous of what? Me and Jinyoung are just friends. But, I didn’t know what to say. I just stood there as we both deeply stare at each other’s eyes. I blinked at him as he started to lean closer; I gulped my own saliva as I tried to move my head away. Is he going to kiss me again? NO! He can’t! Instead of moving away, I just closed my eyes as the butterflies in my stomach eat me up.

I felt a sudden weight on my shoulder as a cold, tickling air touches my neck. “I know I can’t kiss you right now. But at least let me hold like this even just for a while.” He muttered as I stood there, my whole body was frozen. “Myungsoo..” He wrapped his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer. “I miss you, Yoobin. You don’t know how long I waited just to hold you again like this.”

I put my arms on his back as I hugged him back. I just nodded as I let out a soft smile. Even though I can’t see him, I just knew he was smiling like an idiot. “Give me some time to make this right. I’ll talk to Kanghyun.” He said. “How can you be so sure that I’ll agree with you?” I asked as he chuckled. “I just knew that you’ll wait for me.” He smirked as I inwardly chuckled. He buried his head deeper onto my shoulder as he held me tightly.

“I’ll fight for our love.”

 

We were both lying on the sand near the campfire as we watched the stars above. I turned my head to look at him as his eyes were closed. “Take a picture. It will last longer.” He suddenly muttered as I quickly looked away. “I’m not staring at you.” I retorted as he scoffed. “I didn’t tell you that.” He said as I bit my lip in embarrassment.

“Whatever.” I slapped his arm as his face cringed in pain. “Ow! That hurts!” He said as I quickly sat up to check him up. “Did I hit you too hard?” I worriedly asked as he chuckled. I furrowed my eyebrows as he started laughing. “Got you.” He said as I hissed. I started to hit his chest as he tried to block it. “Yah! Don’t you do that again! Aish!”

He soon took a hold of my wrist as he pulled me down on his chest. “Let me go!” I said as he put his arm around me. “NO!” He retorted. “I said let me go!” I retorted as he stubbornly shook his head. For some instance, I kind a miss this side of Myungsoo. “No, or else I’ll kiss you.” He said as I glared at him.

“Yah! I said –“

He instantly pulled her into a kiss as her eyes widened by his sudden attack. I didn’t know why, but I don’t want this moment to stop. I never wanted it to stop. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I deepened the kiss.

I know this is wrong, but I will not stop myself for fighting what is really right.

 

 

“Hey, Yoobin! Let’s go and have a swim!” Kanghyun called her over as she looked up from her book. “It’s okay, I don’t feel like it.” I answered as she sneered. “Nonsense! Let’s go!” She said as she pulled me towards the water.

“Yoobin-ah!” Minyoung called at the center as she waved towards me. “Daniel!” Ian called as I waved at him. “You came.” Jinyoung said as I nodded. “Kanghyun kind a forced me to.” I answered. “Don’t go too far.” He said as he ruffled my hair. I saw L intently looking at us as he mouthed, “Don’t be too close to him.”

I shook my head as I rolled my eyes at him. We started playing in the water as I was getting more and more comfortable staying.  We played games as we enjoyed our time being under the warm sun. Some of the boys headed back to the sand as the rest of us stayed. The ball suddenly landed far from us as I volunteered to go and get it. I picked the ball as I threw it towards them. Sungyeol caught it as I swam back.

“LOOK OUT!”

Someone shouted as I noticed a big wave coming towards us. Before I knew it, I was being eaten up the water as it dragged me down. I tried to swim towards the surface but the current was too strong as it pulls me harder.

I was getting less and less oxygen as my energy died down. A figure was swimming down towards me as he tried to reach for my hand.

It all went black.