Thirteen

My Rooftop Princess

Myungsoo

"WHAT???"

The boys came to my house when they heard about what happened to the two of us. They knew that something is wrong with me as soon as I didn't come to school.

"It's not like we broke up...we're not just in..good terms?" I stated as they gave me a straight look.

"Not in good terms?? So you're just gonna lay in here and do nothing?" Woohyun blurted. "Well, what can I do? I think we both need some time." I explained and sighed.

"Time? You two need time?" Dongwoo snorted as he sat next to me. He put his arm around my shoulder as he pulled me close. "My friend, those time that you are talking about can lead to break-ups. She can use that time to realize that maybe, just maybe the decision that she made wasn't right. She might end up ending your relationship if you don't go and talk to her."

I tried to sync what Dongwoo said just now. End our relationship? No. No.I can't..she can't do it. I..I love her. "What do you think I should do then, Hyung?" I asked as I looked at Dongwoo then to the others. They all gave me a smile as they look at each other.

"Fight for her."

~

The next thing I know, I was inside my car as I drove across Seoul. I went to the shop were she is working at but Taemin told me that she asked for a 4 days leave. Why is she asking that all of a sudden? I looked through my windows if I could atleast see a sign of her walking around the streets.

It has been hours and still, no sign of her. Where could she be? I thought of all the places she could've gone to and one thing pop in my mind. Han River.

I ran up to her as soon as I saw her sitting on of the benches. "I've been looking all over for you." She looked up and her eyes widened. She hastily stood up as he looked down. "I'm.."

"Let me explain." I cut her off.

"I'm sorry." I started off. "I'm sorry that I lied to you. I'm sorry that I kept this all to myself. Call me selfish and everything, but, I was just scared to lose you. I was scared that if she found outs that you were her daughter, she'll take you to New York. I didn't want you to leave. I didn't want you to leave me. I..I just love you so much." My eyes were already red but I held my tears. 

She looked at me, eyes full of sadness and confusion. "Yes, she was my mother. But she was the one who abandoned me. I could've made a choice whether I'm staying or not. My decision is the one that is important here, not hers."

"I know. But I was afraid that you were going to say 'yes' and leave me." I said as I deeply looked at her eyes. "But I knew my decision right from the very start. I'm going to stay here, and be with you." She said as my heart jumped.

"But.." Oh, No! This isn't good. My face suddenly frowned as my eyes were full of curiousity. "You lied to me. You kept it all to yourself." I looked down. My courage suddenly drained down. "I trusted you, Myungsoo. I trusted you." All I could was stare at the snow covered grass and my shoes. "I know, I'm sorry."

"I think, we need to go on our separate ways for now." My eyes widened as I shot up as soon as I heard those words. "What are you talking about?" I asked, my voice shakening. "I think we need a little break from all of this stuff. Everything is getting out of hand, and I think let's not meet each other for now." She said, my heart slowly breaking.

"So, you're saying we are done?" I asked, as I tried to maintain myself. "No, we're not going to finish anything. Let's just stop from here." She said, tears rolling down on her cheeks. Now my heart is broken. Ouch. "I think so, too." I said. Wow. That needed alot of courage. She looked at me as she let out a smile.

"I'll see you at school." She stated as she awkwardly patted my arm. "Yea," I answered, helplessly. "Bye." She said as I nodded. She her heels as she walked away. I watched her for the last time and she...disappeared. I let out a long sigh and that's when the first tear was dropped.

"I'm so stupid."

~

I quietly closed the door as I looked around the house. Our maids greeted me as I lifelessly bowed to them. "Where's mom?" I asked as I let out a sigh. "At the garden, Young Master." I nodded and went to our backyard.

I sly smile was on my face when I saw my mom smiling at the blue tulips. "Hey, mom!" I greeted as I walked towards her. "You're abit early today. I thought you were with your fri--" I suddenly hugged her from the back as she gasped. I didn't know why I did that but I just need my mom to comfort me.

"Did something happened?" I rested my chin on her shoulder as I shook my head. She soothed my hair as she gently patted my head. "Will you tell it to mom then?" I didn't answer her as I sniffed like a child who was tired from all the crying.

"Do you want some chocolate chip cookies and milk?" She asked as she turned around to look at me. "I would want that." I said and gave her a small smile. "Okayy. Let's go inside then." She said as I followed her. "Sit," she ordered as I dragged my self to the stool.

I rested my chin between my two palms as I watched my mom walked around the kitchen. She placed down the plate of cookies and a glass of war milk, "I think you need some time for yourself, sweetie. I'm not going to ask anything about it. Just enjoy this and come to me whenever you're ready to talk about it." I let out a smiled as I nodded. "Now, eat up!" She said as she pinched my cheeks.

"Thanks, Mom!" I smiled. She left and I was alone..again. I sighed as I bit a cookie.

~

"What? She what?"

"How many time do I have to tell you guys? We're done. Our relationship is done." I stated for the nth time as my friends interrogated me. "Then what did you say?" Sungyeol asked. "Well, I just said, 'I think so, too.', and then she gave me a pat on my shoulder and she left." 

"You think so, too? WHAT? You think that you two should really break up? Are you crazy, L?" Sungyeol boomed as he took a deep exhale because of his frustration. "Yes, because I think that we two really need some space right now." I answered. "So, you agreed to broke up with her?" Sunggyu asked in a matter-of-fact tone. "Yes." I softly answered.

"Oh god, L! What did you just do?" Dongwoo blurted. "I know, it was stupid. But, what I did to her was wrong. He trusted me and I lied to her." I said as I sighed. "I lied to her, guys." My voice was already cracking.

"Come on, guys, we need to give L some time. Let's not give him some stress right now." Woohyun stated as he stood up. All of them followed his ordered as they all walked out silently from my room. "Don't stress yourself, buddy. You can do it." Woohyun gave me a reassuring smile as he patted my back. "Thanks, man." I said as he nodded.

"What did I just do?"

~

It has been weeks now and I'm feeling like as ever. Everything wasn't the same anymore. And everyday, I grew more depressed than ever. I just feel like staying in my room and sleep. My friends tried to cheer up everytime, but I guess, I didn't have the mood to be this happy.

I was in the cafeteria with my friends. They were talking and playing around while I just zoned out as I think about her. What is she doing right now? I hope she's fine being alone in the rooftop. "Hey,L!" I snapped out as I looked at my friends. "You're zoning out again. Are you okay?" Sunggyu asked. "Yea, I'm fine." I lied as I smiled at them.

"I'll head back to class now." I said as I stood up, leaving my food untouched. I stuck my hands inside my pocket as I walked on the empty hallway. I sighed as I remenisced all the things we had done. I stopped in my tracks when a familiar figure went out from the principal's office. She looks surprised as I am. "Hey." She greeted. I gave him a forced smile, "Hey. How have you been?"

"I'm..fine." She answered as I nodded. "How about you?" She asked. I looked everywhere, not wanting to look her because I know that I'll end up tearing when I see her angelic face. "I'm...also fine."

"That's good then." She smiled as I stared at my shoes. "I'll go ahead now." She said as she left. I continued looking down as I heard her footstep descending.

"Please...stay with me."