Nine

My Rooftop Princess

“Yah! Hurry up!”

“I’m coming!”

“I already told you that you’ll always look beautiful even though you dress like a hobo.”

“Shut up! I’m fixing my stuffs, okay?”

I am frantically running around my room as L continuously rants outside the door. Do you remember the ski tickets that my grandma gave us? Yep, we’re going! But we both overslept and I forgot to pack up my things for the 3 days stay.

“Hey! Are---“

“DONE!” I exclaimed after zipping up my bag. “Finally!” he said as he rolled his eyes. “Come on, we better hurry up.” I said as I dragged my suitcase along the door. “What do you think I’ve been doing for the whole hour?” he blurted as I ignore him.

“Yah! Hurry up!” I shouted from his car. “Are you and Flash related?” he curiously asked as he looked at me. “Shut up!” I said as I punched his arm. “Yah! That hurts!” he complained. “I’m sorry.” I giggled. “Sometimes I wonder when I’m really your boyfriend or just your punching bag.” he stated as I smiled at him. “Of course, you’ll always be my boyfriend-punching bag.”

“Heh, I expected that from you.” he shrugged as he started the engine to his car. “Ready?” he asked. “Yup!” I eagerly nodded. “Let’s go!” he said as we both drove off.

After getting a room and settling our things inside, we went to take a walk around the resort. We two brought our cameras as we took our own candid shots. I ran up towards the top fence as L took some pictures. I sat on the fence and L kept on clicking his camera.

               

“Yah! Stop that and take a picture with me!” I called. He smiled as he ran up to me. He held up the camera as we took a picture. “Waa. It came out nicely.” I said. "Here," he raised his camera again. "Let's take anoter one." he said.

"KIMCHI!"

We started playing with the snow when I did the first throw. Soon, we had a big snowball fight. We both crashed at the white,fluffy snow as we both laughed nonstop. "I didn't know that you're a fan of snowball fights." he said. "Yea, me too."

I sprawled my arms and legs as I started to move them side-to-side. "What're you doing?" he asked. "I'm making an angel." I answered. He stood up and sprawled out a few centimeters away from me as he started doing the same. We both stood up as we looked at our snow angels. "Yours look weird." I teased.

"Yours is weirder." he retorted. "Psh. Whatever." I said as I slapped his arm. "Wait! We forgot something." he said as he walked to the center. He started to draw a big heart with his hands. "Now, it's done." he smiled as he looked at it. He took a picture of it as he held up his camera. "Heh, another addition to my collection." he said as he looked at the picture. He looked up and our nose nearly touch. He smiled at me as he kissed my nose.

"Let's go! It's getting dark now." he said as he held my hand. "Are you blushing again?" L suddenly asked as my eyes widened. "Ani." I retorted. "Psh. Liar." he hissed. I smiled as I hels his hand tightly. "Random Myungsoo." I mumbled. "What was that?" he asked. "Nothing."

~

"I can't reach it." I muttered as I tried to grab the strap of my ski shoes. "Here," he knelt down infront of me. "Let me help you." He started to fix my shoes with the strap as I just looked at him. Even if you're up above, he still look dashing wearing his thick jacket and bonnet. "Am I that handsome?" I snapped out as I looked at him, showing off his infamous smirk, that would make all the girls in school drool over him.

"Ani, I'm not staring at you." I retorted as he chuckled. "Who said that you were looking at me? I just asked you if I'm handsome." I scoffed as I rubbed the top of my head. "Of course, you're handsome, why are you asking obvious things anyway?" I softly said as I looked down.

"Exactly." he smiled as he stood up. "It's done." he said as he offered his hand for me to stood up. "Thanks." I said as he pulled me up. "Do you know how to ski?" I asked. "Yea, it's already a part of our hobby." he said as I nodded. "This is my first time skiing, so you better hold me tight or else I might die." I said as he chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll hold you real tight." he smiled as I nodded at him. "Hmm. You better be." I said.

Before riding the cable cart, he taught me some of the basic moves to do while skiing. We finished it after a few minutes and we directly headed to the cart. I was already nervous as the cart moved to the topmost hill. I hand suddenly slipped into mine as L smiled at me. "You'll be okay." I suddenly felt relieved as I nodded at him.

"We're almost there. Do you remember what I taught to you?" he asked as he looked at me. "Hmm." I nervously nodded as my eyes went to the hill. We got off and we both stopped on the top of the hill. I gulped as I looked down the slope. I got into my position, "On three, okay?" I nodded. He started counting and on three, he started to go down the slope. I nervously slid down as I tried not to lose my balance.

I just prayed that I would still be alive when I get down. I stopped as soon as I reached the downhill. "You did great." he said as he smiled at me. I quickly hugged him as I tried to recover from the nervousness that I am feeling. "Hmm. Thanks to you." I smiled. 

A few minutes later, I was already enjoying and my fear for heights was abit gone. I looked back and smiled at him as he smiled back. His expression suddenly changed as he shouted, "WATCH OUT!" I looked infront and there was a drunk man coming towards me. I closed my eyes as I waited for the impact. I opened my eyes when I heard a thud. Am I still alive? "Are you okay, miss?" Wait! I can still hear voices. I slowly opened my eyes as I stared at the random guy who just saved me. Next thing I knew, everything went pitch black.

~

I slowly opened my eyes as I groaned in pain. My head hurts right now. As my eyes fully opened, L suddenly ran up towards me as he held my hand. "Baby! Are you okay?" he worriedly asked as I nodded. "What happened?" I asked. "You kinda fainted after being saved from a drunk man who was going towards you." he answered. I tried to remember what happened awhile ago when I noticed that there was also someone inside.

My eyes averted to him as I curiously looked at the familiar face. "Oh, he's the one who saved you. Luckily, he also saw the incident that was about to happen." he said. "Thank you for..saving me." I said. "It was nothing." he smiled. That smile. Its so familiar, even this guy is also familiar. Have I met him before?

"Hmm, I...it's..am..I..." I can't find the right word for now as I stumbled on my own words. "I'm Jung Jinyoung." My eyes widened as soon as he introduced himself. Jung Jinyoung? Jung...Jin..Young. His name is also familiar. My thoughts were disturbed when L called my name.

I snapped out as I looked at L. He motioned his head towards him as I noticed that he was offering his hand. "Han Yoobin. Nice to meet you." I said as I shook hands with him. Even the physical contact was familiar. I didn't realize that I was holding his hand for too long. I let go as soon as L cleared his throat. "Sorry." I meekly said. "It's okay." he smiled.

"Well, uhm, so, Jinyoung, why don't you eat lunch with us? I'm sure you wouldn't mind. I Just a token for saving my girlfriend awhile ago." he offered as I raised my eyebrow at him, emphasizing the word girlfriend too hard. Jinyoung must've noticed it too as he scratched his head embarrassingly. "Well, I think I'll just interfere your vacation if..."

"No! It's fine! It's totally fine." he blurted as he looked at me. "Yea! Stay..please." I said as I looked at him. He hesitated as he let out a sigh. "Sure. I guess I could come, but is it really okay? I mean..."

"Ani! Don't worry about it." he said as I nodded at him. "Okay, I guess I don't have a choice then." he sighed as I giggled.

We were all having a lunch as L would asked him some questions. It seems like his more interested to know who he was. "So, Jinyoung, where you from?" I looked up, interested just by hearing what he asked. "I came from Seoul." he bluntly answered as we both shot up. "SEOUL?!!" we both blurted.

"Yea, I came here for a vacation with my family." he answered. "Family?" I asked. "Yea, I came here with them, but it seems like they wanted to spend some alone time with each other." he said as we nodded. "That's the reason why I'm all alone skiing." he chuckled to himself. "Well, you don't mind us asking your age, right?" I asked. "I'm already 18." he answered as our eyes widened.

"That means you're still in high shool then. What school do you go into?" L asked. "Chasung High." he answered. Oh. So, he's just a few blocks away from us. "Wow. One of the most prestigious school." L awed. "Yea, it's kinda bothersome carrting that kind of school. It's like you're already different when they found out that you go there." he downly said. "Sorry." L said. "No, it's okay." he smiled. 

"I hope that we'll see each other in Seoul." he said as he shook hands with us. "Yea, we can go and grab something to eat if ever we see you again." L said as I nodded. "I better go now. It was nice meeting you two." he said. "Yea, you too." I said. Before leaving, he showed his dashing smile as he walked off.

And that's when it hit me.

 

Now I remember who he is.