Chapter 30

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

 

Hyesung’s dream & POV

I was lying on a field. There was a man, he was writing something on a piece of paper. He smiled at me and patted my head. “Sunghae, my beautiful daughter.” He continued on with his writing. That guy, he was in my other dream as well. Is he my father? I smiled back at him. My dad looked up and put his fingers on his lips telling me to shush. There was a man with a deep voice. That voice. Mr Jang? Appa quickly packed his things and put them in the briefcase. He piggybacked me and we headed to the car. I’m small again. Is this how my father looked? I guess I look like him. “Sunghae, would you like ice-cream?” I nodded. Why is he calling me Sunghae? Doesn’t he know my name? I wanted to tell him but I couldn’t. He drove to a near-by ice-cream stand and told me to wait while he goes to put things away. I thought he was going to the car but he went in the complete opposite direction. “Appa!” I shouted as he disappeared into the distance.

It became cold and dark. I was alone and I got a tingling feeling inside of me. I looked behind me and  saw a little boy with a lollipop stick sticking out of his mouth. “Woohyun-ah!”  I shouted as I gave him a hug. Woohyun? Nam Woohyun? What’s he doing here in my dream? And why is he a kid…?

“Oh Sunghae, your appa told me to come fetch you. He’s stuck at work.” He took out his lollipop fomr his mouth. I nodded. He left me? I linked arms with young Woohyun as we walked back to who knows where. It seemed like the younger me knew this was happening. As if it was something normal. The younger me nudged younger Woohyun as I looked at my red bracelet. “Oppa. It’s… he’s here.”

“Okay, run.” I quickly turned back and ran to somewhere even I didn’t know. I glanced back and saw a tall man muscular man hovering over Woohyun with his hands on hips, frowning.

End of Dream
I woke up to find that the sun had already risen. My head resting on a rock, well, it felt like a rock. I looked up to see it was actually a guy’s shoulder. Woohyuns. I moved my head out of the crook of his neck. Lying down on my lap was Jinae. She was sleeping peacefully. “Morning, sleep well?” Woohyun’s croaky voice spoke. I nodded. “Sorry I came late last night and well you were sleeping on the couch so… yeah… hope you don’t mind.” He rubbed the back of his head. “And Jinae found it comfortable to sleep on your lap… sorry about her.”

“No, it’s fine. She’s looks so innnocent.” I pinched her cheeks which woke her up. She groaned, putting on a frown. “Whoops.”

“It’s fine but she gets a little grumpy.” He stared at his little sister wake up. “Jinae, get up it’s already 2.00” Jinae’s eyes shot open.

“WHAT? I slept through breakfast and lunch?”

“No, what’s Woohyun talking about? It’s only 10.” Jinae glared at Woohyun.

-Meanwhile At Suzy- Suzy’s POV

I stormed out of the building, into the alleyway. Who was he to do that to me? Who gave him the permission to control me? Oh, right. It’s my fault. I wanted to release my anger. I needed someone to talk to. But who would listen? Who would give a damn about my problems? Miss A would think I’m a betrayer, I can’t tell anyone of Mr Jang’s plans or my life, my family’s life is over. “Screw you stupid piece of-“

“Why do I always see you here… pissed?” Hoya stood in front of me. “Mr Jang?” I shook my head. “Oh really?” He stared at me. “Don’t lie to me.” I rolled my eyes on him and walked away. I wasn’t in the mood. I know I’m being rude but it’s not like I can say anything to him. “Suzyyyy!” Hoya cooed.

“What do you want?”

“Pms-ing much?”

“Stop talking! Life will be so much better if you didn’t talk or in anyone’s life. See Hyesung? She’s happier with Woohyun but she doesn’t want to say a damn thing because of you.” No, I didn’t mean to say these things. It just slipped out.

“Right…thanks for the tip.” He put his hands in his pocket and waved goodbye. Crap. What have I done?

~Back at the hospital~

“So Hyesung, um…” Hyesung’s mother sat up from her bed. “About your mother…”

“You don’t have to tell me now, you need rest.”

“No… you’ve waited long enough.” She sighed. “She wasn’t perfect.”

 “What has she done?” Hyesung looked at her grandmother, confused.

“Your mother… It all started when she met your father and her family. She didn’t know your father was the ‘king’ of the underworld. All she knew was he was rich. Your father had a brother; he was madly in love with your mother. On the day of your parent’s wedding, your uncle came, threatened to kill people if your mother married your father. But your mother, she was stubborn. She wouldn’t leave your father so they married in private. Then you came along. Your uncle did his best, countless times to take you away. Your parents were always hiding you. At one point they got sick of hiding so they hired two ‘body guards’, you are great friends with them. After your parents got into the accident, I… I just hoped both of them had died, so all this ruckus would just go. It was too much, especially for you.”

“What…”

“I know, that’s why at the hospital I didn’t want to believe she was there. I didn’t want to see her.” Youmin bowed her head slightly. Hyesung sighed, trying to inhale all the information in. She put on a smile on her face, forced.

“So who’s… Who’s the two protectors?”

“Ones outside… the other, well I haven’t seen him in a while but Woohyun says he’s done a great job in taking care of you.”

“Woohyun?  But… I only met him this year. How… ”

“Well, after your parents died, you just lost your memory…”

-Hyesung’s POV-
I suddenly felt a pang in my head, strong and painful. It hurted more than a migrane and I suddenly felt something coming on…
*Flashback*
“Sunghae! Sunghae! Sunghae!” I wake up and see my mother, lightly nudging me. “Aigoo my darling’s so cute!” She pinched my cheeks. “Guess who came home early?”

“Appa?” I smiled brightly as she nodded.

“He’s downstairs waiting for you, he also bought you a very very pretty present!” Mother lifted me up on her hips as we walked down.

“APPA!” I stomped to him.

“Yes my darling?”

“Umma says you have a present!” I put my arms on my hips, crinkled my eyebrows and smiled.

“What’s with that face? I can’t give you a present with that look!” I pouted. “Sunghae, be a good girl!”

“I am!” I put on a smile, unwrinkling my eyebrows. “Can I have my present?” He eyed me. “Please?” I hugged my father and looked up as he hovered a gold chain above my head. “What’s that?”

“A very pretty bracelet.” He crouched down and put the bracelet on me. “You’ll need it later, when you’re older. It’ll free you. You’ll be able to roam through the streets happily.”

“Without my Woohyun and Hoya?” My father nodded.

“But, when you do use this, it doesn’t mean you’re surrendering to the enemy. You’re just… never mind, you’re too young but when you’re older, you’ll realise it’s use.

End Flashback

I opened my eyes and looked at my panic-stricken grandmother . “I still don’t know it’s use now…”

“What?”

“Just… a memory, I think. But I have one question. Why do my parents call me Sunghae?”

“My question is, how did you think your name was Hyesung? Your name is Sunghae. You were born Yong Sunghae.”

“Huh? But that kid at the park, the day after my parents’ accident. He said Hyesung-ah and he was talking to me!”

“Hoya didn’t say Hyesung-ah, he said HI Sunghae.” I formed an ‘oh’ expression.

I wasn’t sure if I was confused or just trying to take everything in. Maybe I wasn’t ready to know everything. I’m the daughter of a gangster, my uncle is a loony and Hoya and Woohyun are my protectors. How much better can this get?

-Meanwhile at Infinite-

“Hyung it’s not working! This bracelet isn’t opening it!” Sungyeol yelled at Sunggyu who was looking out at the door.

“Keep trying. If we don’t get that opened, we’re screwed.”

“But it’s not opening!”

“I’m sure that bracelet opens this safe. If we get this opened, we’re free.”

“Why are we even involved in this hyung? I don’t want to be the bad guy. I want to be a superhero, like Howon and Woohyun. Well, they aren’t doing a good job since they haven’t been around Hyesung since the accident.”

“I have a feeling they have been in our school, we were just too blind to see.” Sunggyu looked left and right at the door.

“Yeah and that dude that always hangs around Hyeusng could be Woohyun for all we know. Wait… they both have the same name…” Sungyeol stopped trying to open the door to have a think about things.

“They do…” Sunggyu thought about it more clearly. “Wait, do you still have the pictures of the Howon and Woohyun we had to watch out for?

“Yeah it’s over here.” Sungyeol took out two small photo cards. “This one’s Woohyun and this one’s Howon.”

“Why does Woohyun look like our Hoya and Howon look like Woohyun at school?” Sunggyu looked closely. “You idiot! This one’s Woohyun and this is Howon. They have been in our school but thanks to some genius, all these years, we’ve been looking for the wrong people!” Sunggyu smacked Sungyeol’s head.

“Ouch hyung.”

“Hurry up and open the safe.” He ordered his dongsaeng.

“No.”

“Why? We’ll get in trouble.”

“Because I said I don’t want to be the bad guy anymore.”

“What gibberish are you saying?” Sunggyu crossly asked Sungyeol.

“I want to be good. I want to help Hyesung. I don’t want to help Mr Jang.”
______________________________________________________________________

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the late update...
Teachers just love to pile us with heaps and heaps of homeworks and tests and assignments.
And Sungyeol wants to be good! Woohoo! This is the longest chapter I've written...
I actually don't know when the next update will be since I managed to just squeeze writing this chapter.
It's been like a month! Hopefully it won't be another month till the next update.

Thanks for reading guys, love you heaps! <3 :) Feel free to comment lovelies~!

Here's some myungsoo L

BIX_Qo8CEAA4Q5q.jpg

How hot is he? Okay let's have some namu!!
 

Embedded image permalink

Hehe, kay guys, BYEEE!