Chapter 27

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

 

*Woohyun’s POV*

It took a moment for Hyesung to realise what happened. What have I done? I’m sure Hoya will be fine with it right? Emm… Oh no, I’m screwed, Hoya will be mad at me. After I said I wouldn’t like her. I’m a liar. I’m pathetic. Why couldn’t I control my feelings? But... why do we both have to fall for her? Why!? My conscience got the best of me.

“W-Woohyun?” Hyesung waved her hand in front of my face. She looked happier. Did I make her happy?

“O-oh, yeah?”

“Did… did you j-just…”

“Yeah…” I sighed. I don’t know if I regretted it or not. I like her, I really do but I just can’t bear seeing Hoya disappointed in me again. “But… could you not tell Hoya?” She looked at me confused.

“Well, Hoya is a guy so I won’t exactly brag about what just happened.” I scoffed. Well I guess it is true. “So… jus- one question… are we… together? Cause I mean, if you don’t want to then that’s cool with me you know.” She rushed the last sentence. Cute.

“I like you but… is it okay if we just stay like this… as friends… just for a bit longer? Just until I sort things out…”

“With Hoya?” I didn’t say anything. “You know, it’s nice that you care for Hoya but you can’t always get his opinion on things.”

“It’s not about his opinion it’s more on how he feels. I’ve done things that have gotten Hoya mad before and I just don’t want to hurt him again.” She nodded her head slowly.

“Anyway, I have to go now. It’s getting late, Halmoni must be worried. You should go to, Jinae might get scared being alone.”

“She’s at her friend’s house. I-I could walk you… if you want.”
*End of POV*

“She’s at her friend’s house. I-I could walk you… if you want.” Woohyun uttered. Hyesung, opened straight away to accept the offer but tried her best to sound relaxed and cool.

“Uh-um if that’s okay with you then yeah, I would lo-like… it if you did.” She put the turned her back on Woohyun and put the tiniest smile on.

Cute.” He mumbled. “Well then let’s go.” He put his hands inside his pocket and walked beside Hyesung.

They walked side by side along the footpath, learning more about each other and sharing a laugh. “I like it like this.” Woohyun spoke up.

“Like what?”

“You know, just the two of us talking, alone. As friends, that is.” Hyesung nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I like it too. I don’t mind if we stay like this actually. Just friends.”

“Pft, yeah right.” Hyesung crinkled her eyebrows like a 5 year old would do when they were mad and pouted her lips.

“I don’t! I like us being friends.”

“Really now? Who was the one who kissed me first? And before you sounded like you were desperate.” Hyesung turned the darkest shade of red.

“WOOHYUN-AH!” She playfully hit Woohyun and covered her cheeks. She stomped on the ground and crossed her arms. Woohyun just laughed.

“S-So does that m-ean w-we’re t-t-together?” Woohyun did his best impression of Hyesung.

“YAHAYAHAYAHYAHYAH” Hyesung covered her ears.

“Okay I’m done now.” Woohyun smirked. Hyesung slowly let go of her ears when Woohyun opened his mouth again but words weren’t spoken. She got ready to cover her ears again. “I’m joking, I’m joking.”

By the time they had finished fooling around and teasing each other, they already reached Hyesung’s place. She rang the doorbell and her grandmother came out and hugged her straight away. She searched around her body to see any scratches or bruises. Like a lost child. “Well, she was acting like a 5 year old today.” Woohyun thought as he started to make his way back home.

“Woohyun!” Hyesung came running up to him.

“Yeah? Are you here to give me a goodbye hug?” He spread out his arms but got nothing. Hyesung was not looking impressed.

“No.” She put down Woohyun’s arms and dragged him back to her house.

“Kidnapping me?”

“No. Halmoni wants you to join us for afternoon tea.”

“Meeting the family already?” Hyesung stopped and looked at Woohyun again.

“You know for a nerd, you’re a real jerk.I-I mean… well it’s just you’re irritating me right now.”

“You know you shouldn’t say that to your future boyfriend.” Woohyun burst into laughter.

“If you don’t shut up, there won’t be a future boyfriend. Now hurry up.” She gripped on to his wrist tighter.

“Threatening me?”

“Stop it!! I don’t like your playful side. Go back to nice Woohyun and stop teasing me.”

“I am nice!”

“Yeah right.” She let go of Woohyun as they walked inside. Woohyun began rubbing his wrists.

“Ouch that hurt.” Woohyun whined. Hyesung’s grandmother smiled at Woohyun. “O-oh, annyeonghaesayo.” He bowed into a 90 degree angle.

“Oh sure, now you’re quiet.” She muttered.

“Hyesung that’s not very nice. You’re Woohyun right?” Her grandmother eyed Woohyun as he nodded. “Um… Hyesung, go get changed. Don’t worry we’ll wait for you.” Hyesung followed her grandma’s orders and went to her room to change. “Let’s go to the kitchen and wait for her there.” They walked into the kitchen and took a seat. ““It’s nice to see you again Woohyun.”

“Neh, nice to see you too Halmoni.”

“I’m glad that you’re doing your job and taking care of her.” Woohyun nodded. “I see you two have formed a close bond?”

“Yes but we’re just friends.”

“And friends you shall remain.” Woohyun’s eyes enlarged. “I know it sounds mean but I don’t want Hyesung to get hurt or misunderstand when she finds out. It’s not that I don’t like you. I think you’re a very strong, caring person putting everyone before you but just wait for a while, until everything’s over.”

“Yes, I’ve told her to wait a whileYyyhyvbyyyyhhy.” He sounded a little gloomy.

“That’s good. Also, distance yourself from her. Don’t get too attached. Anything could happen.”

“But I’m supposed t-”

“I know you are but if anything goes wrong… I don’t want her hurt. It may seem selfish but that’s what her dad wanted. He wanted her happy and safe.” Woohyun couldn’t do anything but agree with Hyesung’s grandmother.

Hyesung quickly came out of her room. The three of them ate their food in silence. “Why is everyone so quiet?” She looked at Woohyun. Woohyun just smiled and continued to eat.

Woohyun said his goodbyes shortly after everything was packed away. “Bye halmoni, I had a nice snack.” He bowed and walked outside with Hyesung. “I think this is where I should say bye… so bye!” He waved in her face.”

“Tch. Don’t you want your goodbye hug?”

“Nah, I’m good.”

“Good! I wasn’t actually going to give you one. Bye, see you on Monday.”

“Yep… see you on Monday…” He patted her head and walked the other way to pick up his little sister with hands in pocket and head hung low. 

"I'm sorry..." He whispered. "If only I had a say."
_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello ~~
Yeah well... I was really torn,

I want her with Woohyun but Hoya! :'(
EH~ I'll work out something for him.

Eeep happy Inspirit here ~ :') Yay they won :') I honestly had doubts... yeah, shame on me ><
Btw... Sorry for so much talking in this chapter. :/

Thanks for reading & subscribing <3~feel free to comment! :)