Chapter 17

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

“WOOHYUN~AH!” You got up from the ground and ran to him. “People are crazy these days, talking to themselves, stuttering, and looking at people as if you were an alien! It’s crazy.” *Blink blink* *Blink* You quickly covered the bracelet. “What’s that?” You sighed. Dammit. Stupid assed bracelet. Just ruins everything. “Just a stupid bracelet, don’t worry, it’s nothing to worry about.”

“Bracelet? That lights up?”

“Yeah, it’s weird right?” He shook his head. “No, it’s very… unique.” You crinkled your eyebrows. “Not unless it lights up at the wrong times. I’ve gotten in so much trouble for this stupid thing, teachers thought I was cheating!”

“Well, this could help you someday.” What? What does he know? He seems to know more things about this stupid little thing. Woohyun slowly walked back. “I need to go to the toilet, see you later.” He turned his back and walked away.

~Woohyun’s POV~

Where’s that Howon. I can’t believe him. You saw him with Infinite. Traitor “Hoya can I talk to you?” He turned around to see if Infinite was paying attention. “What do you want… nerd? Are you here to give me my homework that you did? Let’s go somewhere quiet.” He pushed you away from the group. “Dude, don’t talk to me while I’m with Infinite. I’ll be labelled as a dork, you’re lucky I saved you.”

“How can they still not know it’s you? Stupid little kids. Is Dongwoo really the only smart one? Why are you with Infinite? What if Dongwoo was there huh? You would’ve been dead.” He sighed. “Yeah yeah umma. Goodness, you’re such a nagger. You don’t suit the nerdy type, you should’ve been like the bad boy or something. Anyway what do you want?”

“It’s Hyesung isn’t it?” He suddenly looked sad and slumped. “I knew it, I knew there was something about her that seemed familiar. No wonder why I felt so close to her. I can’t believe she was right in front of me and I didn’t notice. Why don’t you want to tell me? You know I’m meant to be by her side.”

“It’s just. I-I”

“What Howon?”

“I-I. I don’t want you to fall in love with her.” Unbelievable. Is he serious? “Are you out of your mind? Just because you have a crush on her, you wouldn’t tell me? What if Dongwoo found out? Hoya, think about her safety. You know you won’t be able to protect her when the time comes, don’t be foolish.”

“I can and I will. Ever since we were young, you and Hyesung have been the bestest of friends, leaving me to feel like the third wheel. I will not let that happen again.”

“You’re not going to be the third wheel, every superhero needs a psychic?”

“So why can’t I be the superhero and you be the psychic?”

“FINE we’ll both be the superheroes. You’re the brain and muscles and I’m the… skill?” You both laughed. You missed having these conversations with Hoya. Even if they were many years ago, you could still remember them as if they were just yesterday. “How did you find her?”

“I didn’t find her, I just went to the park as usual and she was sitting there but she didn’t seem to remember me, she was afraid of me. So instead of talking to her I basically followed her and when she was old enough, I approached her as a friend. And you, you left us without a word.”

~Flashback~
11 years ago.
“Umma, where are we going? Why are we packing things up? Umma we can’t leave! I have to protect Sunghae! She’s by herself, we can’t let it happen, Ajusshi’s going to get mad at us and so will appa!”

“They’re both gone! There’s nothing left for us here. Let’s just pack up and leave!!” She dragged you out of the house and into the car. You tried to get out but she locked the doors. “Woohyun, it’s best if we leave, don’t worry Howon will take care of her.

~End Of Flashback~

“Umma went crazy, she took drugs and commited suicide after a few years.” You did your best to hold in all the tears but one managed to slip out of your eyes and slide down to your cheeks. You quickly wiped it away. “I’m so sorry.” Hoya reached out to pat your back but you resisted. “No, I’m fine, it just gave me more strength to do my one last job. Protect Sunghae or Hyesung, whatever she chooses to be called by. And what do you mean by “Didn’t remember me”? How could she not remember you?”

“I think it was the day after the accident. I went to the park…
~Flashback~ Hoya’s POV~
11 Years Ago
You were swinging alone at the park hoping to see either Woohyun or Sunghae. A small girl with a ribbon and 2 long piggy tails walked into the park kicking a rock. You looked closely and found out it was Sunghae. “Hi Sunghae! Are you okay? What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the hospital?” Sunghae looked at you blankly, with one eyebrow raised up. “Who are you? Do I know you? How do you know me? Is my name Hyesung?” An old lady came running to the park. “Sunghae! I’ve been looking everywhere for you. If anything happened to you I don’t know what I would’ve done. Come here sweetie.” She pulled Sunghae into a hug. “Who are you? My name’s Hyesung, this little boy said it.” She pointed at you. What is she saying? ... I said Hi Sunghae “Ani-“Her grandmother looked at you. “Yes darling, your name’s Hyesung. Yong Hyesung, and I am your grandmother.” Sunghae looked at you, it was like she was scared. “Halmoni, do you know who this boy is? He just started talking to me for no reason. He somehow knows my name.” Her grandmother looked at you. “Maybe he was your friend that you don’t remember. Come on, let’s go home.”

~End Of Flashback~
“Wow, maybe she was traumatized?” You shrugged. “If she was, she would’ve remembered us." Woohyun nodded his head. "So that's how she got the name Hyesung. Thanks a lot! You've made my job harder."

"No! She must've misheard me, I said hi Sunghae" Woohyun started laughing. "Yah, your pronounciation is so bad, even I would've thought you said Hyesung~ah." He patted your back and walked away. Am I really that bad at talking? Hmph. You sulked and walked back to Infinite.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone!!!! Sorry, I said that I would update frequently but then it was Christmas and before that I wasn't feeling too well to update but anyway... How was everyone's Christmas? And to those who didn't celebrate Christmas... How was your holidays? Hehe... Oh just in case you guys didn't read that side box thingy, I changed the forward because the old one was... eh and it didn't have anything to do with the storyline so I rewrote it. Please check it out if you're confused with the storyline.
 

Please check out a friend and I's new fanfic...  The main character is Infinite's leader, Sunggyu. It's called My Best Friend's Brother, Please check it out although it's only got the forward, the first chapter will be poster up soon(?)

Thank You for reading, Don't forget to subscribe and.... Happy New Year just in case I don't update. <3 (: