Chapter 24

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

“How did you know?”
Hoya looked at Hyesung while doing his best to put on a smile even though he was hurting.

“It’s not hard to tell when a girls in love. It’s also not that hard to tell when it’s not you, it may hurt but… you can’t do anything about it.” He snorted. Hyesung blushed as talking about a topic like this to a guy can get a little awkward. “He likes you too... I think… It’s Woohyun. He may not say anything but you can tell, from the way he’s looking, how comfortable he is with you… doesn’t it all make sense? He likes you!”

“Enough about this topic… let’s go get something to eat, my stomach is hungry.” She grabbed her howling tummy and pouted.

“Why are you changing the topic? Here have this.” He chucked a muesli bar on her lap. She examined it carefully.

“You’re going to give me this for dinner?” She raised her eyebrows and stared at him.

“Yes, do you have a problem?” She shook her head and briefly opened her muesli. “Now… back to Woohyun.”

“Ohh no I am done with this topic.” She garbled. Hoya looked at her with a dismayed face.

“Please… eat with your mouth closed. And no, you are not. I still have many questions to ask you.”

“Like?” She stared at Hoya with the ‘unamused’ face.

“If he asks you out… will you say yes?” Hyesung stared at the ground, speechless. She grabbed a stick from beside her and played with it. “Yah I’m asking you a question.” He grabbed the stick off her grasp and made her face him.

“What do you want me to say? It was already hard enough to tell you that I liked him, now you want more info??” She slapped Hoya lightly in the arm.

“Stop making jokes! Please answer me!!!” He pouted and tried to do aegyo but failed. She laughed at his failed attempt.

“I don’t know… maybe? His confession must be SPECTACULAR!” She spread her hands out and smiled. “And he must lose the glasses and those weird clothes of his.”

“Impossible, he says it’s his fashion.”

“Huh? You mean… it’s on purpose?”

“Well…yeah, don’t you notice he’s not as smart of what a typical nerd is?”

“Hmm… Well he’s never talked about maths, games or school.”

“Exactlyyy” He sang. “In this society, if you get a scholarship, answer questions in class and wear a bowtie, glasses and a checker shirt, you’re automatically labelled as a ‘nerd’”.

 “Yeah yeah. Stop making your ‘friend’ look good.”

“I’m serious! He’s-” He was suddenly interrupted by a phone call. “Yeobosaeyeo? Yeah… actually I have to go… can you go here and can you er…” He stood up and whispered to the phone. Hyesung looked at him curiously. Something suspicious was going on and Hoya definitely did not want her to know.

Hyesung’s POV
While Hoya was on the phone, I laid down and closed my eyes. I didn’t know when but I fell asleep. I had a weird dream.
In the dream…

The first thing I noticed was, I was a kid again. There were a few people in the dream. They all looked familiar but there was one that I truly knew, it was halmoni. She looked younger and taller but she kept calling me Sunghae. I don’t know why but I responded every time she said Sunghae. Then these two people appeared. One was a man and one was a woman. The man had looked sad and worried. The lady kept caressing my cheeks and telling me how cute I was. The woman then opened her arms and hugged me tight. She said “Sunghae, you have to be a good girl okay? We’re going to leave now.” I nodded and hugged her back.

“When will you be back?” I asked. She just looked at me and smiled as she closed the door slowly. She just left me… without any answers. I felt like crying. I watched from the window as the car slowly pulled away. Before the car moved forward, the man who was with the lady before waved me goodbye. Why do I feel so close to them? I felt like I’ve known them for a long time, who are they? The next part of a dream was blank but when the dream started again, I was at a park. It was definitely the same park where Hoya and I made up. I was sitting at the slide and a boy wearing a bowtie and glasses. He looked like a younger version of Woohyun.

“Sunghae… what’s wrong?”

“They left me forever.” The boy hugged me as I cried.

Why did I cry when I didn’t even know those people? Why was it that I had felt so sad and drained? I woke up from my dream and saw this blurry figure. It was most likely Hoya. I rubbed my eyes and realized it wasn’t Hoya but the older version of the kid that hugged me. Woohyun. He was carrying a red rose wrapped in a clear plastic. “Um… Er… Hoya left… but he told me to get this.” He handed me the rose. I totally flushed. I grabbed the rose and did my best to cover my fire truck red face. “Thanks… wait is this from you or from Hoya?” He scratched his head slowly.

“Well… he said to come and pick you up but come with flowers and well this rose was the only one left in the store that was pretty so I bought it. So I guess it’s from both?” I nodded my head. I could feel my heart pounding faster than usual. No, not this again! “I hope you like it.” He smiled. It may sound creepy but I just froze for a while, staring at his smile. Honestly, his smile was one of the brightest I’ve seen. I didn’t realize it but I too, started to smile.

“It looks pretty, it smells pretty, who wouldn’t like that?” He shrugged. “Rhetorical.”

“Oh I knew that…” I rolled my eyes and shook my head playfully. He flicked my forehead with his fingers.

“Ouch!” I whined.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean it that hard!” He started to massage my forehead.

“No its fine, don’t worry.” I removed his hands from my head and got a better view of his eyes. *Boom Boom Boom* Uh-Oh, not this again. My mouth slightly dropped open as if I were about to say something. “Ah- Um… I better g-get going… Thanks for the flowers.” I stood up and started to walk away.

After a minute I felt a hand grab onto my wrist. “Wait.” Woohyun panted. He was crouched down, trying to catch his breath. “Do you want to know why I’m really here?” I looked at him, dazed.

“Sure?” I asked with a confused tone.

“I’m here because of Hoya. He told me to confess… I was looking for the right time but things just turned downhill. I mean, I really do like you and this rose, it was from me but I was so nervous and- if you haven’t really noticed, I’m sort of ‘weird’. Well what I’m trying to say is I like you and I was wondering if you liked me too. And I get it if you don’t give me an answer yet I mean you just came out of a relationship but don’t worry I’m-“

“Is this how you confess? Wow, I think you gave about a 30 second speech there.” Woohyun raised an eyebrow. “Not in the mood for jokes?” He nodded looking eager at first but in a matter of seconds his expression changed.

“Actually… forget about this whole confession. I can’t do this. Hoya’s my friend, bye. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Woohyun bowed to you and walked away.

 You were speechless for the second time that night. “What just happened?” You questioned yourself as you started to make your way back home.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

HOLA AMIGOS! It's been a while... (I think? xP)......
I actually don't have anything to say.....
Well......

.......... this is awkward............

Thanks for reading & subscribing! <3 (: