Chapter 21

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

It was lunchtime, the day after Hyesung and Hoya became friends again. Woohyun and Hoya were nowhere to be seen and Hyesung was alone wondering by the cafeteria by herself, looking for a seat and Junhee.

“Hyesung!” Sunggyu hollered from the east side of the cafeteria. “Sit with us, we miss you.” He had a sinister look on his face but hid it from Hyesung. She walked up to Sunggyu who was sitting with Sungjong, Sungyeol and L. “Who you looking for? The nerd? Hoya?” Miss A arrived at the table and looked at Hyesung.

“That nerd has a name. His name’s-“

“Unnie! I missed you!” Suji interrupted while hugging Hyesung. A little shocked by Suji’s sudden action, she hugged back immediately. “I-I missed you too but like I said, that nerd you were talking about was-“ Suji stuffed a piece of bread in Hyesung’s mouth. “It’s delicious unnie, sit! Let’s not talk about them while we’re here.” Hyesung chewed the plain bread. “His name’s Woohyun!” She muffled while bread still stuffed in . “Boohyun? His name’s Boohyun?”

“No it’s-“

“Ewwww… noona, don’t talk with your mouth full it’s disgusting.” Sunjong yapped. “Stop standing! Sit!” Hyesusng took her spot and ate her food quietly. “So, how have you been? You know, I missed days like this. All of us, gathering here, eating food.” Everyone nodded in agreement. The rest of lunchtime was quiet, even when Junhee joined. Dongwoo later joined and livened up the atmosphere. “Oh, so you’re all friends now?” The group replied with mixed responses and Dongwoo just nodded, as if he already knew the answer. Hyesung and Junhee we’re in their own little world talking by themselves, excluding everyone. Dongwoo looked at the two closely. Suji acting right away, caught the attention of Hyesung. “Unnie, can you go with me to the bathroom?”

“Suji, you’re not 5, you can go by yourself.”

“Unnie please? She pouted and begged. Hyesung hesitated but in the end, agreed. Dongwoo followed the two, hoping Suji would do what he thought she would.

After the bathroom break, Suji came out but with no Hyesung. “Where is she?” He growled. “Still in there.” She pointed to the bathroom. “You doing it?”

“Doing what?”

“Breaking it. If you do it, my dad will think you’re actually useful.”

“No. I quit. I’m protecting her.”

“What? Betrayal? Daddy’s not going to like that… Can you really do that? You know daddy won’t like it.”

“No, but I’ll find a way to get out.”

“Is it because of that boy? Wow, love must be that powerful.”

“How did yo-“

“Dad said he won’t track you down. No one said anything about me. Oh and that boy doesn’t love you…”

What they didn’t know was, Hyesung had been listening to their conversation. Although she didn’t exactly know who and what they were talking about, she was sort of scared of Dongwoo. She pressed her ears against the door.

After a while, she had enough so she opened the door.

“Oh and that boy doesn’t love you… Hyesung! Hello.” Dongwoo changed his tone and looked at Hyesung kindly. “Suji, please leave… I need to tell Hyesung something… kind of important.”

“No, I’m not going to leave her alone with you.” She dragged Hyesung’s arm with her and stomped away from Dongwoo. She turned to her unnie. “Unnie, you should get to class early, I’ll talk to Dongwoo oppa.” She sent off Hyesung and walked to Dongwoo. “Don’t do anything to her.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hyesung walked to her class, even though the bell hadn’t gone yet. It was weird but at least she could get a head start on the heap of homework she had to do. On her way to class, she heard a series of banging followed by yelling. It was coming from a classroom. “GET US OUT OF HERE! HELLO!?” She heard one yell. Hoya? Wha-t? She sprints to the classroom and find Woohyun and Hoya banging on the door. “HYESUNG! OPEN THE DOOR!” She did what Hoya told her too and the boys quickly went out. They were panting, as if they had ran a marathon. “Wh-at is going on? Why in the world are you guys panting? Why are you in there? Why is it locked?” She blurted out the questions that were spiralling in her head. “Long story, Woohyun stay with her. I need to go.” He sped off.

Hyesung stared at Woohyun. “What’s going on?”

“Like Hoya said. Long story.”

“Why is everyone so suspicious today?!”

“Just don’t ask questions. Please.” He held  onto Hyesung’s wrists. “It’s confusing I know. But you’ll find out everything. I promise.” He smiled at Hyesung and messed her fringe. “Aish! Why’d you mess up my hair!” For revenge, she tried doing the same but failed. Woohyun turned out to be good at dodging and running. “Yah! I need my revenge! Pabo! Come here!”

“You’re the Pabo, you can’t even catch me.”

“That doesn’t make me one!”  Woohyun kept running but Hyesung just stood there, ruining the fun. “Aish, you’re such a JK.”

“Jk?”

“Joy killer.”

“Aish… Bleh! Mehrong!” She point her tounge to Woohyun and acted like a 5 year old.

*RIIIINNGGGG*

“Bye bye! Wait for me after school. I’m sure Jinae will be excited to see me.” She gloated

“You’re so up yourself.” He said as a farewell.  “Get to class safely!”

“Huh? Of course I’ll get there safely. What gibberish are you talking about? You’re crazy!” She turned around and saw Dongwoo standing there smiling brightly. “You’re so cute!” He pinched her nose lightly. “Ah haha thank you.” She slightly blushed while rubbing her nose. “Oh did I hurt your nose? I’m sorry!”

“It’s nothing! Don’t worry. I have to get to class, bye.” She bowed and quickly passed Dongwoo. “Oh no, since I hurt you, let me walk you to class.” She widened her eyes. Yes, she was quite scared of Dongwoo, so she couldn’t say no to him. “O-okay.”

“You sound scared? Don’t worry, it’s not like I’m going to hurt you or anything.” He joked, she hoped he did. “To be honest, you’re quite different to many girls I’ve met. At first you hated me because of Go Ara, but after you got over that, I found out many things about you and whenever I see you, you make me happier.” He placed his hand on her cheek. “Hyesung, I think I like you. No, I really do like you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Hyesung froze.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!!! (: 
WUH OHH..... Hyesung's in troubleee ahaha.
Stay tuned for the next chapter! .... Whenever that is ahah

Thanks for reading! <3 If you've haven't subscribed, please do so! ^^ And silent readers, please stop being silent readers :)! <3