Chapter 26

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

 

“Just leave it be Hyesung!” Halmoni dropped pan. Hyesung didn’t know if it was on purpose or if it was an accident but it sure shut Hyesung up. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to crack it.” She picked up the pan and continued on with the dishes. Hyesung just nodded and quietly ate her breakfast.

She left the house for some fresh air. No, it wasn’t because she was mad. She just needed time to think.

Hyesung’s POV
I walked out of the house and saw the bright, yellow thing that woke me up from my sweet slumber. The Sun. It’s like I have a love-hate relationship with the sun. Some days I love it and most days I hate it. Today however, I have neutral feelings with it. It wasn’t giving me extreme heat on my face nor playing hide-n-seek behind the clouds, leaving me to freeze to death. It was shining up in the sky making it a fine day. The cool sea breeze just made it even better. If only, I was feeling as happy as the weather today.

I ended up at the park. The park where Hoya and I made up. Why does this place seem so familiar? I know I know it but I just can’t put a finger on it. It’s like one of those annoying songs that you only know one line of but you don’t know who the artist is or even the song title. I sat on the swings gently pushing myself off the ground. I was taken aback when a pair of hands pushed me higher. I turned around and saw a 7-8 year old girl. “Um… Hi, may I ask what you are doing?”

“Yeah, this person told me to push you and give you this.” She gave me a flower that was handpicked from the park.

“Thank you.” You took the flower off her. “Do you know who the person is?”

“Yeah, she said her name was Woohyun. Weird, a girl named Woohyun?” I looked at her, confused. She? Woohyun?  “I know, I was confused too.”

“Where is this person?” She pointed to the person in a grey hoodie. The person didn’t seem to be wearing anything else. “Hmm… Thanks for the flowers. I’m going to have a talk with her.” I walked over the person. As I got closer to her, I realized who it actually was. “Next time, if you want to play a joke on me, dress up as a guy, hide or tell the kid you’re meant to be a guy so she won’t say she.” She slapped Junhee on the arm.

“Nice to see you too!” She said sarcastically as she hugged me.  “I did tell the kid that I was playing a guy but she didn’t believe me.”

“Hmm... what brings you here?”

“Well I was around the neighbourhood when I saw you here so I tried to play a prank on you. It didn’t turn out so well…”

“Oh really?” I tried to sound surprised. Junhee rolled her eyes at me.

“Mm really. Can we go eat? I’m starving. I had not breakfast and it’s almost lunchtime. Let’s have brunch!”

We walked to the nearest café to the park. It was small but the interior and décor were so unique that size didn’t even matter. There were drawings of the famous structures, such as the Eiffel tower, Big Ben, statue of liberty, etc. It had a light brownish wallpaper. I absolutely loved it. Junhee ordered a western type breakfast with egg, bacon and sausage while I settled for some seaweed soup. We chatted for a while, ate the food and before we left, an unexpected customer came to the shop.

“When I saw you with the grey hoodie, I thought you weren’t wearing any pants.”

“I’m wearing shorts. It’s just the hoodie’s just too big for me that it covers my shorts.”

“Yeah sure, it’s the hoodie.” She looked at you again while finishing the last piece of her sunny side up.

“It was- Oh it’s Woohyun.” She looked at the front door.

“Nice try, I’m not going to fall for that again.” I turned around and there, standing at the door was Woohyun.

“I should call him over. Woo-” I quickly covered .

“No. Don’t. Please?”

“Why? Woohyun! Sit here! You were the one that said I should be friends. What’s wrong now? Woohyun!” Woohyun walked over to us. I slowly put my head down and drank my seaweed soup.

“Hi Junhee… and Hi…” He put his head down in front of mine and smiled at me. He smiled at me as if nothing had happened the night before. “Hyesung. Hello.” I lifted my head and bowed a little.

“Why are you two so awkward?” Junhee looked at us.

“Nothing.” I told her.

“Okay then. Woohyun sit here with us.” He pulled up a chair and sat next to Junhee. My heart sank.

“I have to go to the bathroom.”

When I got into the bathroom I washed my face with cold water. “Get your head together woman! Are you mad at him or not? ARGH. Woohyun what are you doing to me? Why in the world did you sit with Junhee? I thought you liked me?... HYESUNG SNAP OUT OF IT!” I took a deep breath in. I walked out and saw Woohyun sitting alone. Where is Junhee? I sat back down, looking all around the café for Junhee. “Woohyun…”

“Mm?”

“Where’s Junhee?”

“She left. She said she needed to go somewhere.” I just nodded, even though I really wanted her to be here to lessen the awkwardness. “So…” I looked up at him. “It’s awkward I know… and it’s my fault… I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that.”

“Can we talk somewhere else… just the two of us?”

We both headed to the picnic grounds next to the park. Woohyun did his best to stop the awkwardness between us. “So… about yesterday.” I said as we found a good place to sit.

“I said I was sorry and I made a mistake I shouldn’t have said what I said to you. Let’s just forget it and start again?” I held my hand tight. Just a friendly one.

“Wait. You didn’t even let me say what I want to say.”

“But I don’t need you to tell me. I know the answer but Hoya-” I gave a peck on his cheek.

Woohyun’s POV

“Hye-s-sung. I just said…” I stopped and looked at her, with her head down. I got closer to her and kissed her back on the cheeks.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hai Hai!!
I had this chapter half typed on Tuesday but i kinda fell asleep.... 
Then yesterday I had a heap of hw...
So here's the chappie! Hope ou enjoy!

Thanks for reading <3 :) Feel free to leave comments ~!

Hehehe Woogyu <3
image

image

image
(Cr: Tumblr)