Chapter 25

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

 

When Hyesung got home, it was already past 10. She saw her grandmother sitting on the couch watching TV. “Halmoni, why are you still awake?” He grandmother turned to her. She had pinky- red eyes with big eye bags under. Her cheeks were puffy, mouth swelling, as if she’d been punched. “Halmoni have you been near daffodils again?” She nodded as if she were a five year old getting told off by her mother. “Halmoni!”

“It was an accident.” She tried to explain with her blown up mouth.

“Aigoo, halmoni. You’re like a 5 year old. Come on, let’s take you to the hospital.” They walked out together to the hospital. “Just wait next year Halmoni, and I’ll be able to drive you to the hospital but as of now, we’ll have to make our way there by foot.” Hyesung felt really bad. Her grandmother was 65 and she had to work, earn money, put food on the table, and pay for bills. Hyesung had felt really grateful to have such a young, awesome and healthy grandmother. She put and arm around her grandmother, pecked her on the cheek and smiled.

They arrived at Seoul hospital at around 10.30 that night. There were ambulances buzzing through the corridors with patients on stretchers, doctors and medical staff running to the E.R. Boy, was it hectic. Hyesung’s grandmother suddenly stopped.

“Why are we at this hospital?” She asked in a subtle voice as if she were scared.

“It was the only one close to home and we’re not going to the hospital. There’s a clinic downstairs. Why”

“Just wondering.” She suddenly gained confidence.
Is Halmoni scared? No that’s impossible. We’ve been to so many hospitals before. What’s going on?

  The doctor prescribed halmoni with some allergy tablets that they were able to pick up in the hospital.

“Halmoni, can you get the medicines. I need to go to the bathroom.” Hyesung scurried off to find the bathroom.

Hyesung must’ve taken a wrong turn somewhere because all she ended up seeing was room after room of sick people with nurses coming in and out of them. In one of the rooms, she saw a woman. She looked as if she was in her early 40’s to mid. Her eyes were closed and she wasn’t moving as if she were dead. There was a clipboard hanging at the edge of her bed. It read.

“Name: Yong Junmi

 Age: 43

 Status: Coma after car accident.”

Hyesung’s POV
“Why does this person look so familiar?” I opened the door to her room and took a closer look. My heart rate started to beat a little faster. I got that tingling feeling in my stomach. “Why do I feel as if I have some kind of connection with her?” I repeated the name over and over. “Yong Junmi. Yong Hyesung… are we related? Yong Junmi… Yong Jun-“

“Miss, what are you doing here?” A large man with big sunglasses covering almost half of his face came to her.

“Umm… I was just looking. She looked very familiar so I wanted to see but wrong person I guess.”

“Who did you think it was?” He asked sternly.

“No one. She just looked very familiar but I can’t quite figure out whom.” I bowed a little and walked away, trying my best not to look. “Phew!” I flicked my forehead. I watched from the glass window. The guy stood there, crossed arm watching the patient’s every move. Which… she didn’t do.

End of POV

They got home quite late but Hyesung didn’t worry. She was still burdened by the fact she didn’t know who that person was. She knew she had seen her somewhere, along with the name. She sauntered around the house looking through every photo book she could find. She quickly crawled into her grandma’s room and saw a box, labelled ‘photos’. Hyesung quickly took hold of the box and grovelled out. She sat outside the door and emptied the box. A small dusty book plopped out last. She brushed the dust off and opened it. The first picture was of a girl; she was very young and had two piggy tails. She had a frill dress on and a big smile. Next to her, was of a lady. She was wearing some jeans and she looked exactly like a younger version of her grandmother. The caption was: ‘Umma & me!’

Hyesung’s POV
“That’s my mother? Aww she’s so cute!” I flicked to the next page. There was a picture of me, when I was younger and a lady. The lady, the one I saw at the hospital. “Is… is she my mother?”

~Next Day~

The bright Saturday sunlight shone through my curtains. “URRRGHHHNGG.” I threw away my quilt covers and walked to the kitchen. Halmoni already cooked breakfast and was in the middle of washing the pans.

“Morning Hyesung!” She cheered happily.

“Morning, I see your allergy is gone.”  Halmoni nodded happily.

“Eat up!”

“Um… wait… Halmoni?”

“Yes?”

“I t-think I saw umma.” She stopped scrubbing the pan and looked outside the window. A huge sigh came out of . She put on a smile again and faced Hyesung.

“Honey, you’ve never seen her before. Why did you think she was your mother?”

“It is her! I saw her at the hospital when I was looking for the bathroom. Her name was Yong Junmi. Her age was around Umma’s age. The cause of the accident was because of a car accident. Now she’s in a coma. It all makes sense!”

“So what? Many people are in that situation and lots of people have the name Yong Junmi.”
Why isn’t she listening!? Why is she being so indenial!

“Yes but I saw the photos. It is her. I know it is. Please just listen to me. You’re the only one that can.”

“Photos?”

“In your room.”

“You went in my room without my permission?”

“It was for a good cause! Now back on the topic. Why won’t you believe the person I saw was your daughter?”

Halmoni stood there, silently.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello my fellow readers!^^
Weeooww.... Hyesung's slowly finding out everything.
Oh yeah.... I forgot to mention that Hyesung doesn't actually know where her mother is, she's just heard from her grandmother that she's in a coma etc. Hopefully it'll clear up any confusions.

Yaaayy~ Infinite's making a comeback! :D
Anyway, thanks for reading and subscribing ! <3 (: Feel free to leave your comments below :) ~!