Chapter 18

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

(a/n: I’m going to change my writing style, I will now be writing in 1st person when it’s a change of POV’s because it’s confusing… yeah.. kinda late.. but please bear with the changes!)

*Still Hoya’s POV*
Dongwoo made his way out of the school quickly as if he was in a rush to get somewhere. It was very suspicious. I ran behind him making the smallest of noises so he would not hear me. He was headed into a dark alleyway full of graffiti and crushed beer bottles. This place, it was very familiar…

*Flashback*

“WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME? LET ME GO!”  I yelled as I tried to kick the man in the black garments. He was quite tall and very broad. “PUT ME DOWN NOW AND TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE TAKING ME!” I yelled at him again but the he didn’t listen. He just kept walking. “Shut up. You are quite loud for a 9 year old.” He finally spoke. “I’m 10! Get your facts right!” The man squeezed my arms harder. “OW! That hurt!” What was the point of yelling at this man? He wasn’t going to listen. “Stay here and don’t move or else.” He finally let me down and shook myself to wake up my body. “Or else what? You’re going to make me sit in the naughty corner? I’m not-“ He covered my mouth with his hand which had a woollen black glove on it. “JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!” Did he just… did he yell at me? “Okay okay! Stop being so prissy” The man raised his hand up as if he was about to hit you but instantly retreated. I faced the wall and saw graffiti writing on the wall. It was quite weird for graffiti. It was a purple flower with a caption “Hoya, the greatest flower.”

“HAHA, why would someone draw a flower! So stupid! Hoya.. hmm… nice .. name? HAHA” The man suddenly came back and this time with a tall man, he looked as if he was in his mid 30’s. “Wrong boy, I’m looking for Nam Woohyun. Not this little thing, he’s useless. He won’t be able to protect her anyway so why waste energy? Woohyun will be able to because he knows our fighting ways.” I’m useless? And Woohyun? Why does it always have to be him? WHY? “He’s weak, Woohyun is strong, well he will be. So we need to find him and… well yeah. Mr Kim, show this boy his way out and go find woohyun.”Mr Kim pushed my back and made me turn the other way to the end of the alley. “I will do my best Mr Jang.” Hmph, I will show you that I am way better than Woohyun, I will be better. I will be stronger. But wait… what are they planning to do to Woohyun? Whatever.

*End Of Flashback*
It’s this place again. It’s the flower, what is he doing here?Wait... Jang? That's... Dongwoo's dad! Dongwoo stopped walked and slowly rotated his body 180 degrees. I hid behind the closest bin. “Yah Jang Dongwoo! What are you doing here?” A girl yelled. It was Suji. She looked at me as if she was giving a sign to leave. “Well can’t I visit my dad? I’m the one that should be asking, you’re only going to give him a pain in the , just leave.” She jeered. “FYI, I have good news to tell him now.” I took it as a sign and left the alleyway as quick as possible. I managed to hear Dongwoo tell Suji to get lost. I heard the footsteps of a person wearing heels walking closer. “Yah, Hoya. What are you doing here? You would’ve been killed by Dongwoo. Why are you following him?” Does she not know? “I-I saw him running out and it looked like an emergency. So I followed him.”

“Oh, well just a heads up. Dongwoo likes his privacy and this place, is forbidden to enter unless you want to die.”

“Haha, you’re funny… Erm.. Why did you help me? Shouldn’t you side with Dongwoo? I mean, don’t you know who I am?”

“Yeah, I know who you are Howon. See, I said your real name. Anyway the reason I helped you even though I knew I would get into trouble because… It’s not like you’re the one we’re looking for so why put you in this. In fact why put me in this? This fight isn’t about me. It doesn’t include me so why? I never wanted to be a part of whatever this is, I just want to be normal and live a normal life. I see people walking around wasting their lives partying and drinking as if they won’t live the next day. They waste they’re lives on stupid things when other people like me who are ‘less fortunate’ because their lives hand on a piece of string that is basically halfway cut and if one mistake happens then I’m over, the string is cut and well… no more me.” She finally let out her frustration. “You know, let’s talk about this somewhere far from here, so you’ll get into less trouble.” I dragged her into a taxi and we drove to Banpo Bridge. “We will release our stress here.” I said while getting out of the taxi. Banpo bridge is one of the bridges I like to go to during stressful times or even for relaxation from a tired, hard day. “Why did you bring me here? This bridge… it’s not even special.”

“You’ve never been here? What? Are you crazy? This is my favourite bridge!”

“I don’t go out much.”

“Oh… well wait till the sun sets, this place is beautiful at night. No questions on why it is, just wait! Now, let’s go and to the river.” Both of us walked side by side to the river. “So, does everyone know who I am?” She shook her head. “Only me, but I don’t think they would care because we found Sunghae.” Crap, what? They found her? . “H-how? W-what? I-I…”

“Mmhm… Tell her to be careful and I think Dongwoo knows, make sure she stays far away from Dongwoo.”

“She has the bracelet, she’ll be fine. Well as long as she doesn’t take it out. If I tell her to stay away she won’t listen, we’re sort of… not in the friend zone right now…”

“You guys are dating? Or we’re? What? Friend zone? Isn’t that for couples? What, I’m confused.”

“As in we’re not talking.” She put the ‘oh’ expression on. “Oh yeah about the bracelet, what do you mean ‘as long as she doesn’t take it off’?”

“You see, my dad made the bracelet. He put this thing in it, I don’t know so don’t ask. It’s like a shield, it knows danger. It’s crazy… I never knew my dad was smart enough to do that.”

“Oh… wow… that’s… it.. it seems so unrealistic.”

“Mm… The bracelet is almost magic. It knows danger, it knows safety and it can also distinguish the traitors from the helpers. I guess my dad synced it in, eh. Enough about me. How come I only knew you were a part of the ‘group’ during freshman year?”

“We we’re "casted" in later than everyone else."

"Oh! So that's why you're able to hit and hug Hyesung. You're not seen as danger."

"I guess? Yeah well... Mr Jang held us captive and made us join. To leave we must find the girl and give her to him but at that time I didn’t care because he promised to give me everything I wanted. Even being a queenka but then after losing so much I hated being a queenka even if I sacrificed so much just to become one.  I’m sorry Hoya, as much as I treasure Hyesung as my friend, I don’t want to do this anymore.”

“You don’t have to. You can help us, although I can’t guarantee you’ll be free.”

“I don’t know. All I care about is to be free.” Suddenly the fountain was activated. It was like a rainbow waterfall. “Wow… it really is beautiful.”
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really... didn't know how to end this chapter...
Sorry for a late-ish update... Mummy thought I used the computer too much :S
Thanks for reading !! If you guys haven't already subscribed.. Please do so!! :D <3 !!