Chapter 28

6 Kingkas, 1 Nerd And... You

 

*Hyesung’s POV*

I walked back to the house. “Halmoni… did you and Woohyun converse in anyway while I was gone?”

“Yes.” She replied with a stern look on her face.

“What was the conversation about?”

“I told him it’s best to stay away from you.” I looked at my grandmother, confused. Why?

“Wha-at? Why would you?”

“You’re lucky I’m being honest with you and just because.”

“Because…?”

“Don’t worry it’s not important!”

“How is it not important? Halmoni why are you changing so much lately? You’re different. You keep so many secrets from me now. You always say it’s not important, don’t worry about it or now is not the time! I just want to know!” This was the first time I’ve shouted at her. I’m feeling a little guilty but it needed to be said!

“Things will be better if you do not know.”

“URGH.” I walked in my room slamming the door behind me. I laid flat on my tummy. Did I act too harsh? Was I acting like those spoilt teenage girls? That’s when it hit me. Did Halmoni want me to stay away from Woohyun because… I was changing into something bad? No, it can’t be. No, Woohyun didn’t change me in anyway. Maybe Halmoni’s being paranoid. Yeah she is. Oh look at me! I’m thinking badly of the person that took care of me. Maybe I should apologise. Guilt took over me. I’ll apologise tonight at dinner, yeah. The phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?”

“Who’s this?” I looked at the phone as my head jerked back.

“You tell me. You’re the one who called.”

“Well I’m looking for Yong Hyesung.” The voice on the other line was deep and husky.

“Yeah it’s me. Who may I ask is calling?”

“You don’t recognise me do you?” I shook my head, only realising I was on the phone.

“I just asked who this was…”

“Well let’s just say I’m a friend of your mothers.”

“My mother? What do you know about her?”

“We’ve been friends for a long time. I’ll tell you about her for something in exchange.”

“What is it?”

“Meet up with me.”

“But I don’t even know you.”

“I know your mother.”

“I’m going to need proof with that sir.” There was silence. All I could hear from him was breathing.

“What proof do you need? In fact, you yourself don’t know much about her.”

“I know these 3 facts. When was she born, where is she now and what’s her husband’s name.”

“Yong Junmi was born on 4th May, 1970. She’s in the hospital right now and her husband…” He toned down his voice. “Yong Minho.” He replied with his teeth clenched together. Was he angry with my dad?

“Okay. You got that right. I guess I could meet up with you. When and where?”

“Tomorrow, 3pm sharp at Seoul Grammar. The school you go to. I’m hanging up now. See you tomorrow.”

“Wait! How will I know what you look like? And your name, I need to know it.”

“Don’t worry, I know how you look like. My name? Well you can call me Mr. Jang. And don’t bring anyone.” And he hung up. Hmm Mr Jang, you know what I look like? Stalker. And why in the world can’t I bring anyone? People these days. I stared at the clock. It was only 5. I thought of Halmoni. I should say sorry…

I walked out of my bedroom and saw my grandmother lying on the couch watching the replay episodes of Reply 1997. It was episode 13, the part where Junhee confesses to Yoonjae. Junhee looks like Hoya but of course, Junhee looks way better. Halmoni has watched the drama twice already and yet she’s watching it again. I just don’t get it. She knows what’s going to happen. And the producers already announced a second series. Aigoo. I sat next to Halmoni who looks blue. “Halmoni.” I shook her foot.

“Yes?” She looked at me with a pout.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have shouted at you. I just wanted to know what was going on. I acted like a spoilt brat and you have every right to be mad. Also, I guess this is why you want Woohyun to stay away from me because I’ve changed and all. I’m sorry but Woohyun really didn’t do anything.” She sat up and paused the show she was watching and chucked the remote on the coffee table.

“No, I didn’t tell Woohyun to stay away for that reason and I want to tell you but I fear it’s not the right time. Also, you haven’t changed; you’re still the Hyesung I know and love.” She patted my head and smiled. I just nodded. “Do you want to watch with me?” I shook my head. “Fine but can you grab me the remote? I’m too lazy to get it.” I followed her orders and grabbed the remote. Suddenly Halmoni grabbed my wrist. “Where’s your bracelet?” She sounded as if she were panicking.

“Oh it broke. I know, bummer.” I sighed and gave her the remote, but she didn’t let go of my wrist.

“That’s why.” She whispered.

“That’s why what?”

“Nothing, sorry I’ll explain later.” She got up and went to her room.

“And there she goes again. Secrets.”

*End of POV*

~Meanwhile Hyesung’s Grandmother~

(a/n: I’m tired of calling her Hyesung’s grandmother so… Let’s name her Youmin. Ahn Youmin.)

Youmin went to the phone in her room and called up Woohyun’s landline.

“Oh, Halmoni…”

“Woohyun, I take back what I said.”

“Why? Did Hyesung rant about it?”

“Well yes but that’s not why. Her bracelet, how could you let that go?”

“Well there were lots of us there and they all somehow wanted Hyesung.”

“Us? Who us?”

“Well there was Infinite, Howon and Miss A”

“WHAT? They go to Hyesung’s school?”

“Yes, didn’t you know?”

“I never knew. Look Woohyun, I think we need to move fast.”

“You can’t. You know they’ll get you.”

“Not out of country. Just out of Seoul. I need her safe. You should come with us.”

“They will still find you. You cannot hide. Once she wakes up, it’ll all be over. Maybe if you tell her she’ll know who and what to avoid. I can teach her how to be safe. And I-I think we’re running out of time. She needs to know now.” Youmin’s heart broke. She’s been dreading the day she needed to tell Hyesung everything. “I don’t get why you don’t want to tell her.”

“I’m just afraid of what she’ll think of me. I’d rather her be mad at me than tell her the truth.”

“But people are looking for her. They want her gone. She’ll be safer if she knows. Don’t you get it? I don’t want to sound rude or disrespectful but I don’t want her hurt.”

“And that’s why we have protectors. You’re supposed to protect her.”

“Yes but I can’t be with her 24/7. I’m doing my best. Howon’s doing his best but things can go wrong and she needs to know how to save herself. Mr Jang’s dangerous. Dongwoo’s dangerous. Infinite and Miss A can’t be trusted. And did you know, ever since middle school, Hyesung’s been with Miss A and Infinite. Luckily, after all those years she’s still with you. Luckily, Howon’s been with her.” Youmin gulped.

“Maybe it is time…”
__________________________________________________________________________________

EVERYTHING WILL  BE REVEALED SOON. So, if you're confused in any way...
You'll have to wait... sorry

Thanks for reading & subscibing~ <3! Feel free to comment (: