Bad memory

CanDy LoVe

“Tiffany, are you ok? Wake up! Don’t startle me!” I said as I tapped lightly on her face. It worries that she didn’t answer me. She reminds me when I was young. I was standing on the land while she hid herself in the late. I called her, but she didn’t reply me. Actually, she fell into the late and drowned. However, she was helped; bad memory always is in my mind.

-------------

*Flash Back, 10 years ago

It was a summer day. I, Sulli, and she played in the park which was near our house. After I was back from buying some drink for Sulli and her, I heard they had an argument at the bank. I saw she pushed Sulli fell on the ground. I rushed to carry Sulli and pushed her out of us while she was helping Sulli get up. Unfortunately, she fell into the lake.

“MiYoung unnie~~” Sulli screamed in broken voice.

“Sulli-ah, don’t worry! She would fine!” I told.

“Oppa, that was my fault!” she cried out.

“That wasn’t your fault. It was just an accident.” I told while my eyes kept on the lake.

“MiYoung-ah, don’t startle me!

“Oppa, unnie... she doesn’t know how to swim!” Sulli sobbed.

“!” I muttered.

At that time, I was scared because she didn’t answer. Actually, she drowned. I asked Sulli went looking for elder people to help.

“Hwang MiYoung, you must be safe!” I said as my heart was trembling. I was not sure if I could help because I was learning basic of swimming.

Then I couldn’t wait until Sulli and elder people. I decided jump into the water and found her. Finally, she was found and I brought her up to the land.

“Stephanie Hwang, don’t startle me, wake up!!” I cried out in both English and Korean.

As a man, I couldn’t cry, but my tear didn’t stop fall down.

“MiYoung-ah, please open your eyes and answer to me!!!” I sobbed after I did Qwd, but it couldn’t help.

Soon, our parents had arrived.

“Ba, Jui Ta! (Dad, please help me!)” I smiled with hope.

Suddenly, unknown reason, I felt there was blood fell out from my body, and then I fainted.

-----------------

Once, I opened my eyes, I was in the hospital.

“BenBen, are you ok?” my mother asked in concern.

“Doctor said you there is a sharp stuff wounded you while you were diving to help MiYoung. You fainted because you lost a lot of blood. Tomorrow you can back home, boy!” my father told.

Actually, I didn’t feel hurt from my wound on my arm, but I concentrated to MiYoung.

“Where is MiYoung?” first sentence after I awaked.

“Now, she’s safe!” my mother told.

“She’s next to your room!” my father added.

“I want to see her!” I exclaimed and tried to get up, but I couldn’t.

“BenBen, you’re so weak.” she said.

As she told I felt tired and then I felt asleep.

----------

Later, I waked up in the mid-night. When I planned to looking for MiYoung who was in the room next to my room, I heard a conversation between Sulli and her father.

“Girl, you have to back home. I don’t grant you stay here.” Uncle Hwang warned Sulli.

“Appa, that’s my fault. If I didn’t insist to ride in a boat, MiYoung unnie wouldn’t stop me by pushing me away, so oppa wouldn’t push her out, and she wouldn’t fell into the lake. Everything was my fault. She wants to protect me because we are so young and we don’t how to swim.” Sulli elaborated with her tear, “Appa, please let me stay here! I won’t go anywhere unless she awake.”

“No, you have to go. You can’t change everything although you’ll here. You aren’t a doctor. You can’t help her. One thing you can is staying healthy, thus we have time to look after your sister. Not share time to take care both of you at the same time. Understand?” he explained.

“Yeah,” she sobbed.

“Okay, your mother is waiting in the car park.” he told and left with her.

Then I tiptoed quietly enter to MiYoung’s room. She was sleeping in the bed. She was pale.

“I’m sorry~” I told as I held her hand.

“Help me, help me please!” she had a nightmare. She talked in weak voice.

“Don’t worry! You’re safe.” I consoled her.

“Appa, Umma, don’t leave me alone! I so scare.” she said in fear and held my hand tightly.

“You have a bed dream?” I exclaimed.

“Umma~ please help me! I can’t breathe!” she cried out and sweated.

“MiYoung-ah, tell me what can I help you?” I sobbed and gave her a warm hug.

A few minutes later, she could sleep in peace. She stopped crying and sweating.

---------------