Fate

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

It has been 5 years since you have left Seoul.  You left without saying a word to anyone.  You walk out of the plane and started to walk through the terminals.  You never thought that you would ever step foot back in Seoul again after suffering such a heart break 5 years ago.  You still replay that incident of you crying your heart out in that bathroom stall at Jiyong’s wedding.  After that day, you bought yourself a first class ticket out of Seoul and moved to America.  You wanted to start fresh and new, NO, you NEEDED to start fresh and new.  You needed to get over the fact that there was no more possibility of being Mrs. Kwon Jiyong.

 

As you walk through the terminal, you see a poster and caught your eyes, BigBang.  You stopped to look at the poster and you are amazed at how much the boys grew up.  A smile grew across your face as you reach your hands to touch each one of the boy’s face.  YoungBae has braids again but he still has that beautiful smiling eyes.  Daesung, his hair is black with a hint of highlighted blue but he is still your smiling angel.  Seungri, still as cute as ever with such a baby face.  SeungHyun, he looks so much more mature now and his hair isn’t blue anymore.  Finally, you look at him.  You look at the last member of the group, Jiyong.  His hair is pink and blue and he is still your definition of perfect.  You can feel your heart get heavy again and you start to walk away.  When you moved to America, you tried to erase everything and anything that will bring you back to the memories of BigBang and the memories of Jiyong.  You tried your best to get over him, but you never really moved on.  Every time you heard that name or saw something that reminded you of him, you still break down into tears.  You can still feel his hot breath on your neck when you had your last slow dance with him.  You can still hear him calling your name when you ran from the reception. 

 

You shake your head to try to get those memories out.  You are here only for business.  Your job has open a new head quarters in Seoul and since you are from Seoul, your boss has sent you to oversee the division until it is fully up and running.  When you boss advised of you the project, you did not hesitate to say no.  After multiple meeting and after your boss gave you a raise and additional vacation time, you had no other choice but to come.  You have already made a plan on what you will be doing in Seoul.  You are going to go straight to work and back to the apartment complex that your boss had rented out for you for the time being.  You want to avoid any chances there maybe on running into BigBang, or running into Jiyong.

 

You grab your bags and made your way outside to the car that is waiting for you.

“Annyeong Haseyo ________-ssi!” said the driver while he opened the back seat door for you.

“Anneyong Haseyo!” you answered as you were getting into the back seat while the driver was putting your bags in the trunk.

 

The car ride was long and quite.  As much as you don’t want to be here, you have no other choice.  You start to think about how quickly you can get this division up and running so you can go back to America.  You can feel your anxiety building up again so instead of stressing yourself out even more, you started to look out the window.  You slowly start taking deep breaths and you smiled at everything you see.  Seoul has not changed one bit during the 5 years that you have been gone.  You crack open your window a little bit and inhale the fresh air.  Gosh, you didn’t realize how much you miss Seoul.  You can feel your heart getting heavy again.  “Don’t get attached again ______-ah.  Once you are done here, you are leaving again.  No strings, no feelings!” you thought to yourself.  Even though you missed living in Seoul, you just couldn’t risk seeing Jiyong again.

 

“We are here ______-ssi” said the driver.  He got out of his seat and came around to open your car door.  You step out from the car and started to look around.  You look up at this apartment complex that you will be living in for the next few months.  The apartment is about 10 stories tall.  There is huge staircase that takes you right to the front door where there are two door men waiting on each side. On the side of the steps, there are beautiful landscaping that has flowers of every color just blooming.  You look at the structure of the complex and noticed that each apartment has huge front windows with great views of the Han River. Across the street is a little park with a trail path and huge willow trees.  You can hear the swing sets going back and forth and the laughter of the little kids playing around.  You close your eyes as a warm breeze blows your way.  You can smell the freshness of the river while your hair flies in the wind.  You can feel the heat coming down from the sun and you smile a little because THIS felt like home.

 

You take your bags from the driver and slowly make your way up the steps.  With each step that you take, you can feel your stomach turning.  Your breathing is getting shorter and your palms are starting to sweat.  Something doesn’t feel right.  You shake your head and brushed it off.  It might be because you haven’t eaten yet or that you are just nervous about work tomorrow.  You make you way to the top of the steps and the door men opened the doors for you and direct you to the lobby where the manager is waiting.