Wedding Day

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

It’s a cool spring day and happiness is in the air.  The sun is shining brightly, the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming beautifully. You sit in your dressing room; eyes closed, waiting for your personal make-up artist to finish the final touches on your face.  You unconsciously smile as you replay that night he proposed to you.  The way that he performed, the way that he sang and especially the way he proposed in front of the entire YG family.  You still can’t believe that it has been almost a year since that day and every day since then has been nothing pure bliss.

“_______-ah, I’m done now.  Why don’t you take a look at the mirror?” said your make up artist causing you to wake up from your thoughts.  Your eyes widen as the reflection you see in the mirror is absolutely stunning.  Your hair is pulled up beautifully and placed in an up-do and your make-up is flawless.  Wearing nothing but neutral color, your make up looks almost natural, while your face is glowing.  Looking down at your dress, you chuckle as your dress was specially designed by no one other than Jiyong Oppa himself.  The dress was all white with black details.  A long train and lace trims.  Jiyong Oppa surely was a fashionista.  You call out for your 4 bridesmaid, wanting to know what they thought.  One by one, each bridesmaid made their way into your room with their eyes completely widen.

Bom-Onni screams in excitement while Dara-Onni comes running to give you a hug.  CL-ah and Minzy-ah both smile brightly at you, waiting for Dara-Onni to let go so they can give you a hug as well.  You had built a great bond with the 2NE1 girls and since you were all very close, you had asked all 4 of them to be your bridesmaids and each accepted happily. 

“Aigoo, Onni, you are absolutely stunning” said Minzy.

“OMO, I can’t wait until it’s our turn right Dara?” said Bom.  Dara-Onni nods her head in agreement, still stunned at beautifully you look.

“Jiyong Oppa, be prepare to have your breathe taken away!” said CL.

“Komawoyo!  I’m very happy that you are all my bridesmaids.” You said as you gave them each a hug.

“Aniyo Onni, it is an honor for us to be a part of your wedding.  You look beautiful, but we should be getting back to our room. Minzy-ah still needs to finish the final touches on her dress and I still need to finish my make up.” said CL-ah as she grabs the rest of the girls.

You nod your head and the girls left the room.  You turn to look at yourself in the full body length mirror and from the corner of your eyes; you can see reflections of 4 very handsome men standing at your door.  With smiles that are even bigger than your own, they whistled at you, causing you to blush.  Turning around to take a better look at them, you are amazed that how handsome each one of them looks and you signaled them to come in.  With open arms, you give each one of them a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

Even though the outfit is the same for them, they each turned it into their own style, making it their own.  SeungHyun Oppa made his outfit look almost military.  His hair is pitch black and combed forward.  YoungBae Oppa made his outfit classy, he took out of his braids and put in his signature mohawk.  Daesung-ah dyed his hair a bright green color, definitely making his outfit stand out.  The maknae made his outfit casual, leaving the outfit as it is and only adding a few accessories.  Since they are all close friends, they each took part in today’s special occasion.  You still can’t believe it as today is the day of your wedding!!  You are finally going to be married to your best friend, your soul-mate, your Kwon Jiyong. 

“30 more minutes before we start” screamed out the wedding planner causing your stomach to turn inside out from nervousness.

“We should get going ________-ah.  Jiyong might just be dying without us by his side.” said YoungBae as he comes to give you one last hug before the ceremony.  His hug was tight and sincere.  Tears of happiness can be seen in his eyes, as today is the day that he will witness two of his childhood friends join their hand in marriage.  YoungBae Oppa leans in and gives you a kiss on the cheek and made his way out of the room.

“Noona, you are beautiful.  Hyung is definitely lucky to have you.  Too bad I didn’t meet you first!” said the maknae.  SeungHyun Oppa gave you a wink before hitting the maknae across the head and dragging him out of the room. 

“We will see you at the altar Noona.” said Daesung as he gives you his angelic smile. 

You watch as the boys take their leave and your emotions are starts to get the best of you again.  You are anxious and scared, but happy.  You sit back down in your chair and replay in your mind the conversation you had with Jiyong Oppa while planning your wedding…

 

A month before the wedding:

 “Jagiya, what’s wrong?  Is the wedding planning too much to handle right now?  We can finish this later if you like?  You know you can talk to me about anything right?  Tell Oppa what’s wrong…”

You look down at your feet, quietly playing with your engagement ring.  Across the dining room table are papers laying out every detail of your wedding.  You can feel Jiyong’s gaze and you bite your bottom lip.  He wants to know what is going through your mind but you are afraid to tell him.  You are nervousness and afraid of what people would think about you marrying Jiyong because he was once married to your best friend.  What others thought never got to you before since the wedding date is closer now, you are afraid that people will look down on you and worst, on him.

After a few moments of silence, you finally look up at Jiyong and explained to him what you were feeling.  You expressed your fears of what others might think of you.  You went over the “what if” scenarios and you can just feel your emotional wall breaking.  All of these feelings and emotions were starting to be too much and while expressing your thoughts to Jiyong, tears starts to fall down from your face.  Honestly, you are just scared to lose him.  What if he changes his feelings?  What if he doesn’t love you anymore or if you can’t compare to Chaeyoung as a wife?  What if he lets what others have to say get to him?  You have become too attached to him and the very thought of him ever leaving you sends a chill through your entire body.

Jiyong cupped your face and looked deeply into your eyes.  His mouth opens and almost like a whisper he tells you:

“______-ah, I love you and only you.  No one can ever take you away from me.  I know what I was getting myself into when I asked you to marry me.  I lost you once before and I refuse to make that same mistake.  What others have to say or think doesn’t have anything to do with how I feel about you.  Yes, I was married before and yes I know that Chaeyoung-ah was our best friend, but please understand that even though I loved her, I was IN LOVE with you... Remember when we first met again and you told me that Chaeyoung was made from my rib?”

You nod your head as Jiyong grabs your hands to give them a little squeeze.

“Well, Chaeyoung was not made from my rib and we both knew that.  We both knew that we were never meant to be, we just happened, but I loved her.  Even though she was not made from my rib, I still loved her.  I kept her closed to me because I knew that she would not try to top me and I will never trample over her.  I kept her under my arms so I can protect her and I kept her as close to my heart as I can.   ________-ah, can’t you see?  I could only keep her close to my heart because I couldn’t give her my heart.  I couldn’t give it to her because it was no longer with me.  I’m very thankful that she understood that and she knew who my heart belonged too but never fought to get it.  I couldn’t give her my heart even if I wanted too.  Chaeyoung will be Forever Young in my heart but my heart will Forever Belonged to you...”

 

 

You smile to yourself as Jiyong always knew what to say to make you feel better.  As you sit in your chair, waiting for the ceremony to start, you begin to look out the window, getting lost in your thoughts.  Chaeyoung-ah, can you hear me?  If you can, I just wanted to say thank you.  Maybe one day I will understand your entire plan but until then, thank you for bring me and Jiyong back together.  The door to your room open, causing you to come back to reality.  Appa walks into the room, smiling but also teary eyed.  You stand up and make your way towards him while he has his arms widely open with huge smile across his face.

“It is time ________-ah.  Appa is very happy that you and Jiyong-ah are finally getting married.  Appa loves you very much and I know that if Chaeyoung-ah was here, she would be very proud of you.”  Appa gives you a kiss on the forehead and tightens his hold on you.  Without saying a word, you squeezed him back to show him how much you loved him and Chaeyoung-ah.

Arms locked together, Appa brings you towards the stairs.  As you make your way towards the stairs, you are still taken away by how gorgeous this church is.  You remember how Jiyong was practically going to die if you two didn’t get the church, but with his charms, the church got reserved.  Jiyong went sight-seeing with Appa and they both came across this church.  Jiyong knew from the moment he laid eyes on this church, that this was the one that he wanted to marry you in.  The church was old but the structure was still very strong.  The church had high ceilings with stained-glass windows and heavy stone columns.  There were multiple rows of benches but the altar was simple.  The roof was mirrored and the exterior was mainly stone craved.  With the church being two leveled, the bride and bridesmaids room were upstairs, while the groom and groomsmen’s room were downstairs.  Standing at the top of the steps, you are blown away at the decorations.  There were rose petals all over the benches, aisles and floor.  On the side of the stair case and along side the aisles were ropes of lights weaving through, making the church glow magically.  With rose petals and lights wrapped around the railing of the steps, the stairway looked like a stair case to heaven.    

You watch happily as your bridesmaids make their way down the stairs looking like angels from above. You giggle as you see YoungBae Oppa sitting at the grand piano getting ready to play your song.  YoungBae Oppa looks at you as his hands softly hits the keys to queue that you were coming.  Your heart starts pounding and you start to become nervous.  Holding your bouquet of flowers, while still having your arms interlocked with Appa, you gracefully make your way down the steps.  You see everyone getting up from their seats as they look at you beautifully gliding down.  With your heart racing and your stomach turning inside out, you try to calm down your nerves by looking down but as if gravity was pulling you towards him, you met Jiyong’s gaze and your eyes locked on only him.  With one smile, Jiyong can wipe away all of your fears.  As if you are lost in a trance, everything around you seemed to just disappear.  You focus only on Jiyong and continued to walk his way.

Jiyong looks almost too good to be true.  His hair is slick back and across his face is that sly smile of his that you love so much.  Besides him are his groomsmen, SeungHyun Oppa, Daesung-ah and Seungri-ah.  Each groomsman has a big grin on their face as they look at Jiyong’s reaction.  When you made it to the altar, YoungBae Oppa stopped playing the piano as Appa hands over your hand to Jiyong.  Appa gave you a kiss on the forehead before making his way towards his seat next to Teddy Oppa.  Jiyong grabs your hands and gently pulls you up to him.  Without ever taking his eyes off of you, he whispers “I love you”.  During the entire ceremony, Jiyong had his hand intertwined with yours; giving your hands a little squeeze to let you know that he loves you.  The priest announced that you each had written your own vows and that it was time to exchange the rings.  Jiyong gave you a little smirk as he looked directly in the eyes.  His stare was strong yet gentle and his voice was soft but stern.  SeungHyun Oppa hands him the ring and as he slips it onto your finger, he stated his vows:

“_______ah, from the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your beauty, heart, and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you for eternity, respecting you, honoring you, being faithful to you, and sharing my life with you…forever with you.”

Tears falling from your eyes from his beautiful words, CL-ah hands you the ring.  You slip the ring onto his fingers and started to say your vows:

“Jiyong, today I take you for my husband. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, and encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit.  I will always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live...forever with you.”

The priest read the final passage, advising Jiyong that he may now kiss his bride.  After sharing a passionate kiss, the priest proudly presented Mr. and Mrs. Kwon Jiyong.  Cheers and sobs can be heard through the entire church as there was no dry eye on this very heart-melting day.  Daesung-ah was patting Seungri-ah on the back, as the maknae was crying.  SeungHyun Oppa smiled happily, while YoungBae Oppa wiped away his tears by the piano.  Teddy Oppa cried as his baby girl has grown up and Appa and Manager Nana gave each other a hug.  Everyone made their way out of the church to the reception that was being held outside.  Tents were set up and tables filled with food and beverages.  There was a little miniature stage where the band was playing. Jiyong and you greeted the guests and took plenty of photos.  As the reception carried on, you noticed a beautiful white figure standing at the front of the church door, just staring at you, smiling.  Tugging on Jiyong’s sleeve, you directed his attention to the figure that you are seeing.  Jiyong excused you two from the reception and while holding hands, you two made your way towards the church door.  Stepping foot inside the church, you two separated to search for the figure but only to finding that no one was there.

“Jagiya, come here.  There is a light coming from the stairway.” Jiyong screamed as he points towards the altar.  You run towards Jiyong and you both make your way towards the stair case.  You both are in complete shock as you two stare at the white figure standing at the top of the steps. 

“Chaeyoung-ah?” you said while tears were falling down from your face.

“C-Chaeyoung-ah is that really you?” whispered Jiyong.

Chaeyoung stood at the top of the stairway, smiling without saying one word.  Her aura was gentle, almost soothing.  The atmosphere in the room changed and it was completely calm.  Jiyong and you can feel that she was finally at peace.  A pool of tears can be seen falling down from her face as her smile continued to grow bigger.  No words were exchanged during this moment, as no words were needed.  Even a dictionary wouldn’t be able to describe or even explain the feelings that the three of you were experiencing.  It was almost bitter sweet as the three of you were finally reunited again, only to know that it wouldn’t last forever.  Silence filled the room but yet it wasn’t quiet.  The beating of the hearts and the love that conquer all expressed everything that needed to be said.  The moment was interrupted when a huge bright light began to shine down upon her, as if she was being called back to heaven.  Chaeyoung blew you two a kiss and waived good bye before slowly turning around to go into the light.  As the light disappear, a single white rose fell from the ceiling, landing right in front of your feet.  Jiyong bent down to pick it up and attached to the rose, was a piece of paper.  Jiyong carefully untied the paper and together, you two read what was written…

When God created man, he also created woman using the man’s rib. They are separated until they can find each other.  When they have found each other, they are no longer two separate people, but one.  You both are now two hearts beating as one…”

-Forever Young, Chaeyoung


My Dear Readers,

Words cannot express or even come close to explaining how much love and appreciation I have for each of you.  Thank to you, my one shot story has turned into a chapter story that I grew to fall deeply in love with.  I never considered myself an author before or even an artist and I am so thankful that I have grown into that title.  I will continue to write stories and I hope that you each will continue to stay with me and support me along the way.  I promise that I will work on my writing and become a better author. 

Even though this story has come to an end, I would ask for you to please continue to stay with me and support me all the way.  I have new stories that I will continue to work on and I hope that you will enjoy them as well.  Once again, thank you for all of the love and support! 

With Love,

 L-Mo - Author