The Broken Heart

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

A/N: I’m sorry for a short chapter but I wanted to post this up before I leave for the day.  Two updates in one day…aren’t you happy with me?  Well, I do hope so.  Once again, thank you for all the love and support.  I hope you will stay with me until the very end.  I appreciate all comments and feedback!  You all are truly my inspirations!


It has been a few hours since you had been admitted to the hospital and the boys were still waiting for an update on your condition.  Seungri and SeungHyun were passed out on the floor using their hoodies as pillows.  YoungBae was still sitting in the same spot but this time he was quiet and trying to not making any movement as Jiyong had fallen asleep on his lap after he grasped onto reality.  Teddy was pacing back and forth in the lobby area, rubbing his neck in worry.  With each step, he was getting more nervous and upset.  He wants to know, no he NEEDS to know that you are okay.  Daesung stared at the emergency door quietly but angrily, hoping that someone would notice how impatience he was getting and will provide them with an update. 

 

As if the doctor felt their tension, he comes out and walks towards Teddy.  Daesung taps SeungHyun and Seungri to wake up as YoungBae carefully but gently shakes Jiyong to wake up.  Jiyong rubs his swollen eyes and jumps to his feet as he sees the doctor approaching.  Everyone stood behind Teddy as if he was the spoke person for the group. 

 

“AnnyeongHaseyo.  I am Doctor Han.  Are you the family members of _________-ah?” said the doctor as he was looking down at his clip board.  Doctor Han was middle age, about 50 years old with a little high light of grey hair.  He had a genuine smile and fatherly eyes.  His tone was cool and very professional.

 

Everyone nodded their head in agreement to the statement that they were your family.

 

“Good news.  ________-ah is stable now and we had moved her into her own room.  She is still sleeping and may not be as responsive as you would like her to be.  Her body had gone through a great deal of shock after suffering such a horrific attack.”

 

“W-w-what exactly happened to my Jagiya?” asked a distressed Jiyong.

 

“She had suffered Stress Cardiomyopathy also known as a Broken Heart.  From looking at her past records and her levels of stress, she was suffering from PTSD and Depression.  Whatever took place today caused her so much emotional stress that it triggered an extreme anxiety attack.  With having this attack, it caused her stress to over flow making her heart muscle very weak.  Her arteries became very narrow, causing her to have a reduction in blood flow.  We had run an angiogram on her and she will have to stay here so we can monitor her.”

 

“Broken heart…” Jiyong whispered to himself.  He clutched his chest as those words replayed in his head. YoungBae patted Jiyong on the shoulder, trying to give him some kind of reassurance that everything will be okay.

 

“Thank you Doctor Han.  What room is ________-ah in?” asked Teddy eagerly.

 

“She is in room 301.” answered the doctor while he nodded his head as if he was giving them permission to come see you.

 

“Kamsahapnida Doctor Han.” Everyone said in unison while running towards the stairs.  Teddy took off running first while everyone else followed.  As Jiyong was making his way towards the stairs, Doctor Han grabbed his arm stopping him suddenly.

 

“Excuse me son, you called _________-ah your Jagiya? I am assuming you are her boyfriend? husband?”

 

“Boyfriend” 

 

“I have a daughter about her age and it saddens me to see someone so young suffer from such a heart break.  I can see from the looks in your eyes that you truly love this girl.  She suffered a great heart ache and it will take about 2 months for her to fully recover.  I can’t guarantee that she won’t suffer this kind of attack again in the future but with your help, we can prevent it.  Please make sure that she takes the medicine that I have prescribed and help reduce her level of stress and depression.  A beautiful girl like her shouldn’t have to suffer such a broken heart...”

 

With that the doctor walked away leaving Jiyong lost in his thoughts.  The doctor was right, someone as precious as you didn’t deserve this heart break.  Jiyong bolt towards the stairs and made his way up to the third floor.  He ran down the hall looking for your room number and finally, he was outside of your door.  Jiyong paused as he places his hands on the door knob to open it.  Jiyong looks through the window on the door to see that you were lying peacefully on the bed.  Teddy was sitting beside the bed holding your hand and like an older brother was upset with himself as he couldn’t protect you from such pain.   YoungBae, SeungHyun, Daesung and Seungri were standing at the foot of the bed, starring at your body in disbelief.    You were attached to vital machines and had multiple IVs inserted into your arms.  The oxygen mask was still on your face as your breathing still wasn’t fully normal.

 

Jiyong wiped away the tears from his eyes and pushed the door open…