Living in the Present

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

You walk along side Teddy Oppa quietly as you both head back to the YG Building.  Teddy Oppa insists you come back with him because he knows that everyone, especially Papa YG would love to see you again.  Unable to say no to your Oppa, you followed his step even though you felt a little uneasy.

 

You made it to the front entrance and Teddy Oppa scanned his hand print for the door to slide open.  You laugh because you remember when you first had to scan your hand print. You never knew the reasoning behind the hand print scanned but it was something that Papa YG requested when the new building was built. 

 

“You know baby girl, your hand print can still open these doors.  These doors will never be closed to you.”

 

You smile at his comment; Teddy Oppa always knew how to make you feel special just by talking.  You continue to follow behind Teddy Oppa slowly as you look around to see how much inside the building has changed.  There are new staff members that you have not seen before, new paint colors on the walls and new pictures hanging up.  You walk slowly past each picture to admire the quality and to see how much you have missed since you have been gone.  You both step into the elevators and Teddy Oppa pushes the button to the 10th floor.  Without saying a word, you knew exactly where Teddy Oppa was taking you. 

 

The elevators door opens and you both walk out.  Teddy Oppa turns back to look at you and gives you a smile.  You give him a half broken smile and bite the bottom of your lips as you look down.  Teddy Oppa knocks on the door and you can hear a voice telling him to come in.  Teddy Oppa enters the room first and you can hear Teddy saying “You will never believe who I brought back with me?”  Teddy Oppa steps aside and holds the door open for you.  He gives you a warm smile and nods for you to come in.  You enter the room, feeling nervous.  You aren’t scared of entering the room; it is because you aren’t sure how he will react when he sees you.  Your feelings are very confused because you feel horrible for leaving without even saying one word and yet everyone welcomes you back with open arms like nothing ever happened.

 

“________-ah?  I’m so happy to see you back here” said Papa YG while getting up to come give you a fatherly hug.

 

“Nae Hyun-suk-ssi.  I’m happy to be back and I’m happy to see you again.” you said while Papa YG gives you a hug.

 

“Yah ________-ah!  I’m Papa YG to you, not Hyun-suk-ssi!  You can drop the formalities, we are family and I see you as my own daughter.”

 

“I’m sorry Papa YG.  It’s just that, I-I left without saying a word to any of you and yet you all welcome me back with open arms.  I’m a horrible person and I don’t deserve anyone’s kindness.  I feel s-s-tupid for coming back and I deserve all the loneliness that I’m going through.” You slowly stated while your voice was cracking.  You can feel the tears building up in your eyes and you bite down hard on your bottom lip to make sure that no tears will fall down.

 

“_________-ah come sit down.  Let’s talk about this.”

 

You follow Papa YG to his desk and take a sit.  Teddy Oppa sits down next to you and by the looks in his eyes, you can tell that he was kind of hurt by what you said.  After everything that you have gone through with the YG family, Teddy Oppa knows that the bonds are stronger than this and to hear that you felt uneasy about coming back really hurts him. 

 

“Have I ever told you the reason why I requested to have a hand print scanner for the building instead of a regular badge?” Papa YG said with a warm tone.

 

You nod your head no and wonder what did the hand print scanner have to do with your feelings?  You are confused and turn to Teddy Oppa for an explanation.  Teddy Oppa gives you a smile and turned his focus back to Papa YG.   Following his actions, you look at Papa YG and notice how serious his face looked.  Papa YG stood up from his seat and walks over to the window and looked up to the sky.  After a moment of silence, he spoke in a very soft tone.

 

“When people come into your life, they touch you with their actions, words and life.  The memories that they leave with you is something that you always want to keep close at heart.  Everyone in the world is different; they bring different qualities and traits so they leave different hand prints and impressions in your heart. When I had this building built, I built it with love.  I wanted a hand print scanner because everyone who scanned their hands to enter the building is leaving memories in my heart.  Each artist, dancer, and staff members are the hand prints and each time they enter this building, they are leaving memoires in my heart.  ________-ah, you are not a horrible person.  We will always welcome you back with open arms because we are family and your hand print is important to us.  We understand the reason why you left and if we were in your position, we probably would have done the same.  So please understand, you are not a horrible person and there is no reason why you should feel out of place here.  Your hand print makes this heart beat a little faster.”

 

Like being able to see the light after being locked in the dark, like the feeling of being free after being locked up, your eyes are wide open and you finally understand.  Teddy Oppa reaches over and wipes away the tears finally fell down your face.  Papa YG and Teddy Oppa gives both smile warmly at you and you can see nothing but compassion and love in their eyes.  Papa YG is right, this is a family and you will always be welcomed.  Without another word being exchanged, you get up and hugged Papa YG.  He gives you a fatherly kiss on the cheek and welcomes you back home.  Teddy Oppa reaches out for your hand and tells you that there are others waiting to seeing you again.  You smile and nod at him and follow him out of Papa YG office.

 

You had a nice talk with Choice 37 and Kush; had great laughs with Jinu and Sean.  You planned a shopping date with Gummy and having a girl’s night with 2NE1.  You were able to see PSY and congratulate him on his recent success and hung out with Epik High in Studio Two.  You bid your farewell to Epik High and followed Teddy Oppa to Studio One since Teddy Oppa still had some work to do.  While walking through the hall, you felt two arms hugging you from behind.  Surprised at a sudden action, you quickly turn around to see who it was.  The biggest smile comes across your face as you realize it was Se7en Oppa.  He gave you the warmest hug and told you how much he had missed you.  Se7en was one of the Oppas that you were very close with even though you weren’t able to see him as much due to his scheduling.  After having a quick talk with Se7en, you and Teddy Oppa continue to make your way to Studio One.  You couldn’t help but feel so happy inside. Nothing can take away the smile that you had on your face now.  Everything seems to be going right and you are starting to see that bright light at the end of the dark tunnel.

 

As you both reach Studio One’s door, you can hear voices coming from inside.  You can recognize a couple of the voices belonging to the BigBang members.  Your heart is pounding as the thought of being able to see Jiyong comes across your mind.  As you two walk in, you see all BigBang members but Jiyong.  You sit down and had a little conversation with each member.  As you were talking with YoungBae, you hear the door open and Jiyong walks into the room.  You stand up to greet him but he walks right past you coldly and went and sat down with Teddy Oppa.  You continued to talk with YoungBae but you can’t help but die inside from Jiyong’s action.  As time past, Jiyong never once looked back at you or acknowledge your presence in the room.  You are no longer able to handle his cold treatment so you made up an excuse that you had somewhere else to be and you were leaving.  One by one, you made your way to give a hugs and say goodbye to each of the members and Teddy Oppa.  As you reach Jiyong, he quickly stood up and walked into the recording booth slamming the door behind him.  Without saying another word, you run out of the studio holding back your tears.