Welcome Home

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

After talking with the apartment manager Nana and being shown around the complex, you were finally given your keys.

 

“Welcome home Ms. ________-ah” said manager Nana while smiling when she was handing you the apartment keys.

 

“Kamsahapnida.”  You answered while faking a smile.  Welcome home? This is not home; well, not anymore at least.  As you entered the elevators you were trying to remember the complex layout that the manager had explained to you.  Each level of the complex had 5 apartments each.  Your apartment was on the 7th floor and it was the last door on the left side.  As you stepped out of the elevators, you were amazed at how beautifully decorated this complex was.  There are mirrors hanging on the hallway walls with lit up candles on each side.  There were huge crystal chandeliers dangling from the hallway ceilings.  This complex was just absolutely stunning.  You made your way through the hallway slowly as you were just amazed at everything in site.  Finally, you stood at the apartment door, APT #701.

 

You open the door and happily made your way inside.  The apartment was already furnished and completely decorated.  You drop your bags on the floor and slowly walked through the kitchen.  The apartment has beautiful hard wood oak floors and marble counters.  There is a step out balcony in the living room and an open dining room.  The apartment has huge duel side windows that let the perfect amount of sun light in.  You touch everything insight just to make sure that you were not dreaming.  This apartment was too gorgeous to be real. 

 

You open the duel doors to step out to your new balcony.  The fresh air and warmth is what you needed.  You smiled as you had the most perfect view of the Han River.  So far, everything seems to be going well besides that turning feeling you have in your stomach.  You decided to go unpack and take a shower to wash away the anxiety you are feeling.  You got dressed in blue skinny jeans, white sequins tank top with a cream blazer over it and some white heels.  You did very light make up and tied your hair to the side.  You look at the clock and realized that it was only 3pm.  It seems like it was a long day due to the flight but you don’t feel jetlag at all.  You deiced that you will take a walk around the neighborhood to see what is around and maybe grab something to eat.

 

You walk out of your apartment and locked your door.  You make your way to the elevators and waited for the next available one.  As the elevator door opened, you got inside and turned around to push the button to go down.  You look up to see a man coming out from the apartment next to yours, APT #702.  Your heart started to beat faster and faster and your anxiety is kicking in full force.  You weren’t able to get a full view of him but from the glimpse that you saw, he looked a lot like Jiyong.  You quickly hit the elevator door for it to close faster.  You stand at the corner of the elevator trying to calm down.

 

“______-ah calm down.  Remember to breathe.  It can’t possibility be him. You only have been in Seoul for a few hours and your mind is already playing tricks on you.”  Your breathing is still fast pacing but you are slowly trying to breathe normal.  The elevator reaches the first floor and you walk out.  You wanted to make sure that it wasn’t him, so you went and talked with the manager.

 

“Annyeong Haseyo Manager Nana.  I was wondering if I can ask you a question.” You said while trying to hide your shaken voice.

 

“Nae, ________-ah.  How may I help you?”

 

“I was wondering if you can tell me something about those who live on the same floor as I do.  I just wanted to know a little more about my neighbors.”

 

“Ah, Nae. I’m sorry that I didn’t go over that with you.  In Apt #705, it is an elderly couple.  Very nice couple and super sweet.  In Apt #704, is a single mother and her young daughter.  You will see her daughter run around the complex sometimes.  In Apt #703, is a family of three, an appa, omma and ahki.  The father is the CEO of an entertainment agency but you will rarely see him.  You will see his wife and daughter most of the time as they are usually at home.  Finally, in Apt #702 is a very talented artist.  He is maybe around your age.  He is very quite and keeps to himself but has the cutest dog to keep him company. He works for the agency that the CEO in Apt #703 oversees.  I look out for him like he is my own son so I always check in on him.” said Manager Nana. 

 

You can tell by the way she talks about the young man in Apt #702, she really cares for him like a son.  You can see that there was something more to him than manager Nana explained but you didn’t feel like it was your place to ask any more questions.

 

“Ah, Kamsahapnida Manager Nana.  I appreciate the information.  I will get going now” You said with a sign of relief. 

 

You cross the street and decide to take a walk through the park path.  You need to clear your mind because that little incident almost gave you a heart attack.  “It can’t be him then. He is married.  She didn’t mention anything about a wife, just a dog.”  You kept on walking and smiled at the little kids you see swinging.  You found a little café not too far down the park path and decide to go in.

 

Mean while back at the apartment complex….

 

Manager Nana was sitting in her office going over some paper work when she hears a knock on her door.  While still looking down, she screamed out for the visitor to come in.

 

“Excuse me Manager Nana? Did someone new move into the apartment across the hall from me?  I saw someone get into the elevator but I don’t recognize her on our floor…”

 

That voice.  Manager Nana knew exactly who was standing at her door.  She shot her head up and screamed:

 

“Yah!  What did I tell you about calling me Manager Nana?  Don’t I look out for you like you’re my own son? It’s Omma Nana to you. Nae, she just got here from America. She is about your age and very beautiful.  Make sure you welcome her.”

 

The young man couldn’t help but laugh.  Manager Nana always knew what to say and do to bring a smile to his face.  With a great big smile he responded,

 

“Ah, Kamsahapnida Omma Nana.  I’ll make sure to welcome here when I come back.”

 

Manager Nana laughed along with him and got up to give him a motherly hug.

 

“Nae.  Have a good day Jiyong-ah.”