The Encounter

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

Your heart stopped beating!  You are completely frozen!!  You look at manager Nana and tears are now unable to stop.  She looks at you with a confused but worried face.  Before she can say a word, you turn around and took off running.  You just keep running.  You run out of the complex and run across the street. You had no idea where you are going; all you know is that you needed to get out of there.  You run through the park path and sat down underneath a huge willow tree.  At this point, you are breathless and sobbing uncontrollably.

 

Chaeyoung died and you did not have any idea.  Why!! Why didn’t anyone call you?  Why didn’t anyone tell you that she passed? Why didn’t anyone tell you that this happened to Jiyong & Chaeyoung!!  You fold your knees into your chest and held yourself tightly.  So many emotions are running through your mind.  Your heart, your heart can’t handle this.  You lift your head up and started to scream to the heavens!

 

“Chaeyoung!!  I’m so sorry!!  I was not a good friend and I left without saying goodbye to you.  I left when you & Jiyong needed me the most.  I left you, my two best friends because I was hurting!  I hope you can forgive me Chaeyoung!  Jiyong, I’m so sorry….I-I’m s-s-sorry….please forgive me”

 

The sky darkens and the rain started to fall.  It is pouring rain now and you don’t even notice how soaking wet you are. You are just so numb and you feel so helpless.  You don’t know how long you have been wandering the streets of Seoul but you didn’t care. Your legs feel like they were going to give out on you at any moment.  By the time you realized it, you were at the bottom of the steps of the apartment complex.  You look up to see a dark figure pacing back and forth.  You inhale a deep breath of cold air and use all of your strength to walk up those steps.  When you walked through the apartment complex you were greeted by Manager Nana.  She stood there looking at you with the most hurtful eyes.  She slowly walks over to you and gives you the warmest hug.  You can’t help but stop crying.

 

“_______-ah!  Where have you been? You are soaking wet! I was worried sick!  Please stop crying.  Please tell me why you are hurting so much my child.”

 

“Manager Nana! I’ve been such a bad friend.  I’m a horrible person.  I left because I was I was hurting but I didn’t realize how much more it must have hurt my best friends.  I was gone and nowhere in sight when they needed me the most.  I’m so horrible!” you said while laying your head on Manager Nana’s shoulders.

 

Manager Nana walked you over to the nearest bench and sat you down while she goes grab a towel to help dry you off.  When she came back, you can see pure sympathy in her eyes.  After she wraps the towel around you she got down on her knees in front of you.

 

“_______-ah.  Please listen to me. You are not a horrible person and you were not a bad friend.  You need to go talk with them and heal this pain in your heart.  Tomorrow is not promised my child.  Please, no more heartbreak.”

 

You look Manager Nana in the eye and realized that she is right.  You grabbed her hands and pull her up.  You sat her down next to you and looked the other way.  There was no sound, no talking, just silence. 

 

You sat there deeply lost in your thoughts.  Due to your stubbornness, 5 years ago you watched him marry your best friend.  5 years ago, you left without saying a word and now Chaeyoung is gone, you will never get the chance to make it up to her and say goodbye.  You have to make this right.  This time, you can were going to make it up to Jiyong.  You are going to make it up Chaeyoung even after death. 

 

You finally spoke up and thanked Manager Nana for her wise advice and made your way to the elevators.  You push the button to the 7th floor and the door slowly closes behind you.  The elevator ride felt like forever and you can feel the tears starting again.  You lean up against the wall trying to process everything that just happened.  Before you knew it, the elevator doors open.  You took in a deep breath and made your way through the hallway.

 

Holding to the walls for support, you finally made it through the hallway and you are leaning up against the door.  This is it!  You have to make this right now.  You aren’t sure how this will turn out but you don’t even care anymore.  You are lost for words; all you know is that this feels right.  You place your ear on the door and you can hear a dog barking and soft music playing in the background. You reach your hand up and slowly and softly knock on the door.  Your heart is beating a million times a minute and you feel like you are going to pass out.  As you stood there nervously waiting for an answer, the door slowly opens….