The Feeling of Loneliness

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

Everyday so far has been the same for you, but today feels different.  Jiyong had left early this morning, leaving you to be home alone again.  You look out the window and see that the sun was shining bright.  It’s been weeks since you have been out of the apartment and you really wanted to go visit Chaeyoung-ah.  You wanted to thank her for all the things that she has done for you and Jiyong, but more importantly you just wanted to spend some time with her.  With the sun shining so brightly, you also wanted to feel the heat of the sun’s rays against your skin.  You forgot how the warmth of the sun felt and how nice it was to have the wind blow through your hair.  You pick up your phone to send a text Teddy Oppa.

 

“Oppa, I’m feeling a lot better today, can I leave the apartment just for a few minutes to go for a walk?  Please…

-Babygirl

 

Not even a second later, your phone vibrates and you received a reply from Teddy Oppa.

 

“Babygirl…the answer is NO!  Oppa will take you out when he gets off work okay?  I don’t want you to go anywhere by yourself.”

-T.Oppa

 

You let out a big sigh but you really are feeling a lot better today.  You have been stuck in your apartment for almost 3 weeks now with no exposure to the outside world.  You stare out the window again and decided that a quick walk to Chaeyoung-ah wouldn’t hurt.  You are going to take the risk and go against Teddy Oppa’s rule.  You took a quick shower, got dressed and made your way down to the lobby.  You looked around to make sure that no one saw you as everyone in the apartment complex were aware of Teddy’s rule.  You look to the left and than to the right and there was no one in sight.  You smile as you thought you had the perfect get away and quickly ran across the lobby to the front door.  You push the front door open until an arm flew right in front of you and push the door back close.  You turn around to see who had spotted you and standing there with her arms folded was Manager Nana.  She gave you a stern look and pointed her fingers in the direction of the elevators.  Right there an then, you knew that your chance of seeing Chaeyoung today was not going to happen.

 

You pouted and looked at Manager Nana with pleading eyes but her body language did not change.  You lower your head in defeat and slowly made your way towards the elevators.

 

“Aigoo __________-ah.  Minahae.  I know that you want to go out, but your Oppa will kill me if he finds out.  It’s good to see you trying to get out of the house, but please don’t push yourself too hard.  Please don’t be mad at me.”

 

“Aniyo Manager Nana. Gwenchanha.  I understand.  Oppa is just making sure I fully recover before I do anything else.  I’ll be heading back now.”

 

You made your way back to your apartment and slumped down on your couch.  “Sorry Chaeyoung-ah, Onni will try to come see you very soon.” You said softly as you can feel the loneliness starting to take over.  You gaze out of your window as if you were waiting for the loneliness to disappear on its own.  You stare blankly around your apartment and notice that your work table is piled up with notebooks and crumbled up paper.  Maybe you should clean it up a bit you thought to yourself as you walk over to search for an empty notebook.  Since you were not allowed to do many activities, you had started to secretly write.  You had filled up pages and pages of empty notebooks with your thoughts, emotions and feelings.  What started off as little diary entrees had turned into your very own stories, poems, spoken words, songs and lyrics.

 

You found an empty notebook, grabbed your IPod and made your way out to sit on your balcony.  Since you were not allowed to leave, you could at least sit outside and enjoy the weather.  As you walked out onto your balcony, you can feel the heat of the sun’s ray hit you skin.  You close your eyes and embraced every second of the warmth that you were feeling.  The breeze that blew through your hair was almost magical.  It feels like forever since you have been once with the world.  You plugged in your ear buds and let the music blast itself through your body.  As if the pen had a mind of its own, words were inscribing themselves into the notebook as every part of your body was getting engulf by the music.

 

Words after words and pages after pages, before you knew it; the sun was beginning to set and the darkness was coming.  You look at the sun set which gave out a beautiful mixture of orange and purple among the clouds.  The sky is definitely beautiful tonight and you take in one last deep breath of fresh air before making your way inside.  You look at the clock and it is almost 6pm.  You feel your phone vibrate and you see that it was a text from Jiyong.

 

“Be home later Jagiya so don’t wait up.  Have lots to do.  Remember to eat and rest.”

-Ji Baby

 

You smile at his cuteness but felt disappointed that you were still going to be alone.  “Remember to eat”…that’s right; you haven’t eaten at all today.  You can hear your stomach growling and since you have more energy today, you decided cook instead of ordering out.

 

You cleaned up your work table a bit; throwing away all crumble paper and setting all of your notebooks aside.  You go through you refrigerator and pulled out the ingredients to make Galbijjim.  You cut up the vegetables and galbi and got them to start simmering on the stove.  As you finish washing the dishes, you hear your door bell ring.  You look at the clock and sees that it is 7pm but you weren’t expecting any visitors and Jiyong wouldn’t be back anytime soon.  You opened your door and strangely there was no one there.  You shrugged your shoulders and started to close your door when two puppies come running into your apartment.  You jump back as the dogs startled you but than you began to laugh. 

 

The two puppies were no other than Gaho and Jolie, the new puppy that Jiyong got so Gaho wouldn’t be alone.  You are so excited to see the puppies that you were going to chase after them until you feel two arms wrapped around your waist.  Not even facing him, you can smell his scent and feel his breathe on the back of your neck.  His arms pulling you close to his embrace and your knees are already starting to get weak.  He snuggles his head in between your shoulder and neck and gives you a kiss.  The kiss causes your heart to skip a beat and the shivers travels through your spine uncontrollably. 

 

“I missed you Jagiya.  Did you have a good day today?” Jiyong said while chuckling at the sudden shiver your body gave when his lips touched your skin.

 

“Yah Oppa! You scared me!  I thought you weren’t coming home until later?  But you brought Gaho and Jolie so I’m happy…” You said while trying to get out of his hold.

 

“Minahae Jagiya.  I didn’t mean to scare you; I just wanted to surprise you because I know you are tired of being alone.  I’m sorry. I will try to spend more time with you…  Something smells good Jagiya…are you cooking?”  Jiyong let go of you and made his way into the kitchen.  He looks at the pot that is simmering on the stove gives you a look of amazement.  It’s been so long since he had your cooking and it was a pleasant surprise to him.

 

“Nae Oppa.  I’m making Galbijjim.  I feel a lot better today so I decided to cook.  Go sit down and wait a moment while I finish up.” You walk over to the stove, pushing Jiyong aside while you check on the Galbijjim.

 

“Aniyo, Jagiya let me help.  You know that you should be resting that precious heart of yours…” Jiyong places his hands on top of yours sending an electric shock through your body.  You blush at his sudden movement, knowing that it just caused millions of butterflies to flutter around in your stomach.

 

“Yah, you are the one that needs to stop making my heart skip beats!”  You quickly turn your head and bite down on your bottom lip.  “Aish” you mutter to yourself at the realization of your words.  Jiyong gives a little smirk as he gives you a quick peck on the cheek before going to sit down at the dining table. 

 

It’s about 9:30pm and Jiyong is resting his head on your lap.  Dinner has been finished and the dishes were done, thanks to the help of Jiyong.   You run your fingers through his hair and you are amazed at how soft it is no matter how many times he dyes it.  From the corner of your eyes, you see something that brings a smile to your face.  At the end of the couch is Gaho laying his head down near Jolie.  Jiyong notices your smile and follow your gaze.

 

“Jagiya, I’m going to leave them with you if that’s okay.  Since I can’t be here all the time with you, Gaho and Jolie will take care of you until I come home.”

 

“Nae Oppa!!!!” you said with such excitement. Jiyong gets up and gives you a peck on your lips while laughing at your sudden aegyo.  You run towards Gaho and Jolie to rub their bellies as you are very excited that they are going to be spending their time with you.  Jiyong notices that you have piles of notebooks piling up at your work desk.  His eye brows rise up in curiosity as he walks over to the table.  Looking back at you, making sure that you don’t see him, he takes the top notebook and slips it into his bag.