Together Again with Appa

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

You step aside and tell Appa to come in.  You help him walk to the living room and sit him down.  You run back to the front door to clean up the water mess that you made and grabbed a couple of water bottles to bring back with  you. 

 

“Appa, please have some water” you said smiling while handing him the water bottle.  He takes the water from you and tells you to come by him.  You are still unable to face him so you look down while playing with your fingers.  After a few moments of silence, Appa turns to you and pats your head.

 

“_________-ah, how have you been?  Have you being eating well? Getting plenty of rest?”

 

“I’ve been well Appa.  I’m back here for work.  A-A-Appa, I’m sorry.  I should have told you that I was leaving and I should have told you that I was back.  I’m sorry about Chaeyoung Appa.  I-I-I just didn’t know how to face you.” You said trying not to cry.  You can feel your voice cracking and you slammed down your bottle of water to try to calm your nerves.

 

“______-ah, my child there is nothing to be sorry for.  You did nothing wrong.  I remember how painful it was for you at Chaeyoung and Jiyong’s wedding.  I can recall perfectly how bad you were suffering but you kept quiet.  I understand why you left my child, but I am happy that you back.  All I wanted was for my two girls to live a happy and full life and it hurts when your Appa is not able to do anything to help at all.”

 

“I understand Appa but you don’t have to worry.  I’m happy to be back and everything will work out.  Appa, may I ask how did you find me?”

 

Appa lets out a big laughter and rubs your head.  “You may not be my born child but you are my daughter, and a father always knows when his daughter returns.”

 

You let out a big laugh with him.  He always treated you like a daughter and pretty much help raised you as one of his own.  You and Appa sat there and just talked.  You told him how America was and how you got sent back to Korea to help set up the division.  You also told him how you built a bond with Manager Nana and how it was because of her that you were able to find out about Chaeyoung and Jiyong.  During this whole time, Appa did not say one word.  He just nods his head and made a few noises to let you know that he was listening to you.  You can tell by his facial expression that he had something to say but it seemed like he just had a hard time trying to find the words.  

 

“Appa, I have been doing all the talking.  Was there something that you need to tell me?” you asked curiously wanting to know why he had such a serious facial expression.

 

“________-ah, I actually came here to share something with you.  I knew you were back because Chaeyoung came to me.  I know about your dream with her _____-ah.  Chaeyoung told me how to find you so I came.”

 

You were taken by what Appa just said to you.  You can feel your body being over run by so many different emotions.  You tried so hard not to cry but it was beyond your control.  Tears started to fall down and you were crying again.

 

“______-ah, my child.  Please don’t cry.  After you left, I never saw Jiyong & Chaeyoung fully happy.  It was like a piece of their heart and soul was missing.  Chaeyoung will tell me how much she missed you and how much it hurts to have you gone.  She also told me how Jiyong wouldn’t mention how much is heart broke when you left.  All she wanted to do was make you both happy.  After Chaeyoung died, I have not seen Jiyong let out a smile.  I love him as a son and I worry about him a lot my child.  ______-ah, she told me what she said to you.  Please ______-ah, you have my blessing, so please take care of Jiyong.” 

 

Appa reached over and wiped away your tears.  His eyes were so honest, so warm and fatherly.  He cracked a smile and patted your head.  You leaned in and gave him a hug.

 

“I promised Appa.  I promise I will do my best to make you, Jiyong and especially Chaeyoung happy.” You said while giving Appa a tight hug.

 

“Yah _____-ah.  Your Appa is old now, so don’t try to break me in half, I still want to see you happy first before I pass.” Appa said laughing.

 

“You can’t leave me Appa!!” you said pouting.

 

“Yah, you silly child!  I said I need to see you happy first!” said Appa when he unexpectedly hit your head for pouting at him.

 

You burst out laughing while rubbing the top of your head where Appa hit you.  You feel so much at ease now that you have gotten the chance to see your Appa again.  While you two continue to talk, you hear a knock at your door.  You forgot all about Jiyong.  You look at the time and you guessed it.  Two hours later and he is finally ready.  You laugh and excused yourself to go open the door.