The Nightmares

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

You both walked back quietly to the apartment complex.  You are trying to process what just happened at the cemetery.  Did Chaeyoung come to him just like how she came to you and Appa?  You sneak a glance at Jiyong and you can see him rubbing the white rose petal he had kept in his palm.  Your heart is pounding because you just don’t know what to do anymore.   You are still in love with this man but how do you know if he still loves you like he did before?  Chaeyoung gave you her blessing and so did Appa but did HE feel the same?  Was it too soon?  Maybe you should just forget it and go back home to America; you are only here for 3 months anyways.  So many thoughts were running through your mind until Jiyong interrupted your hard thinking.

 

“What are you thinking about ________-ah?  Was it what I said at the cemetery?”  His voice was like music to your ears. His tone was cool and calm and his eyes were looking at you waiting for a response.

 

“It’s nothing Oppa.  Just thinking about Chaeyoung, that’s all.” You said while looking away.  You had questions, but you were afraid to ask.  No, you were afraid to hear the answers!

 

Jiyong nodded his head and kept walking.  You both walked into the complex and were greeted by Manager Nana.  She was smiling because it has been so long since she has seen Jiyong with any one.  Manager Nana came and gave Jiyong a hug and asked if he was doing okay.  You can see that Manager Nana wanted to have a conversation with him so you excused yourself.

 

“_________-ah, can I swing by in a bit?” you hear Jiyong asking while you were walking towards the elevators. 

 

You smiled and nod your head.  The elevator doors opened and you made your way inside.  You walk into your apartment, took off your hoodie and lay on the couch.  You are mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually drained.  You can feel your eyes getting heavy and you are getting tired.  Before you get the chance to drift off to sleep, there was a knocking on your door.  You get up to see Jiyong standing at your door with a half smile on his face.  You step aside and told him to come in.  You followed him to the living room and sat on the couch across from him.  You can see that something was bothering him because he wouldn’t look anywhere else but the ground.  Before you were able to speak, Jiyong looked at you with troubled eyes.

 

“______________-ah, can I sleep here tonight?” Jiyong said like a little child who was afraid.

 

“Oppa, of course you can.  What’s wrong?” you asked worried.

 

“I have nightmares and I just don’t want to be alone.  Usually one of the boys comes over to sleep with me but they are all busy tonight.  If you don’t mind, can I stay here with you?”

 

You didn’t respond, you just simply smiled and nod your head.  You thought it was cute that the boys would come over to sleep with Jiyong because of his nightmares but you were saddened at the fact that he has nightmares and there isn’t anything you can do about it.

 

“Oppa, wait here while I go grab some blankets and pillows okay?”

 

Jiyong smiled and took off his coat while you went into the bedroom to grab the items.  When you came back out, you see Jiyong has already fallen asleep on your couch.  As drained as you were, it must be worse for him.  You walk over and lift his head up to slip a pillow underneath him.  You gently cover him with a blanket and you make a spot for yourself on the futon next to him.  You quietly look at him from afar and before you knew it, you were sleeping as well.


I look at my watch and it was just around 2am.  I look over and I can see that Chaeyoung was getting tired so I knew it was time to leave.  She has been up with me every night since we launched our promotions and we still had a big day ahead of us tomorrow.  I went and grabbed her hand and told everyone that we were leaving.

 “Thanks everyone for the great night but Chaeyoung and I are going to leave.  Don’t stay up too late everyone.  BigBang, I will see you guys tomorrow in the studio to finish up the promotions and songs so don’t party too hard!”

 With that everyone smiled at us and told us good bye and for us to drive safely back home. We walked out to the car and I opened the door to let her in.  I leaned in to pull her seatbelt for her and quickly gave her a kiss on the cheek.  I can see that she was blushing from my unexpected action.  I walked over to the driver side and slowly started to drive off. 

 “Did you have a good time Jagiya?  By the way, you looked beautiful tonight!”

 Chaeyoung smiled and looked out of the window because she was embarrassed.  “Jagi, why do you always make me blush?”  I let out a laugh and reached over to hold her hand.

 “I love you Chaeyoung…” 

 “I love you too Jiyong…”

 

That was the last words I heard from Chaeyoung before the loud crash, and then, everything went black.

 

Jiyong shot up from his nightmare sweating and gasping for air.  Every night since the accident he has been having these nightmares but no one knew how intense it was for him.  He hated the fact that every night he will relive Chaeyoung’s death.  Even with the boys sleeping next to him, the nightmares still invade his dreams.  Jiyong looked around and saw you sleeping peacefully on the futon.  He walked towards the bathroom to wash his face from the sweat.  His heart was still racing and his body was shaking tremendously. 

You heard Jiyong getting up and you woke up to make sure that he was okay.  You sat up on the futon waiting for him to come out of the bathroom.  You look at the clock and it was exactly 3am.  You hear the bathroom door open and you see a shaken Jiyong slowly coming out.  You waived to him to come sleep by you and like a scared child he came without saying a word.

 

You run your fingers through his hair and told him that it was just a dream and everything will be okay.  Jiyong nod his head and his eyes were starting to close again. 

 

“_________-ah, can I hold you to sleep so I know that you are here?” Jiyong asked with a shaken voice.  You smiled and grabbed his arm to put around your waist as you both lay back down.  You turn to face the wall while Jiyong snuggles his face into your back and gripped his hands into yours.  He interlocked his legs with yours and tried to get as close to you as he can.  Jiyong was terrified of his nightmares and you can clearly see how bad he was suffering.  You can feel that Jiyong was still shaking and you remembered how he used to sing to you when you were scared. You quietly start humming Haru Haru and he slowly released his grip on your hand.  His breathing was starting to coming down and his body began to relax.  After a few more moments of humming, Jiyong had drifted back to sleep.