Revisiting the Past

Wedding Day - JIYONG & YOU

A/N:  I'm going on vacation to see BIGBANG in a couple of days so I will not have time to update the story.  Please wait for me and continue to show me your love and support!  I will try to update each day before I actually leave!!  Once again, Thank you to all my readers, subscribers and friends for staying by my side during this story!!


It has been a couple of weeks since you last hung out with BigBang and since you last saw Jung-Su.  Every morning you will receive a dozen of red roses at your door with a note from Jung-Su and each time you will just toss the roses away.  Those feelings of pain and hurt he caused to you are slowly coming back and you start slowly dying again inside.  You don’t love him, you hate him but the first cut always cuts the deepest.  You wish you had your best friend to talk too, to express your feelings and get help with the re-opened wound.  All you can do is talk out loud, hoping that Chaeyoung can hear you and give you a sign.  You thought about talking with BigBang, but they have been busy with their work schedule and you don’t want to be a burden.  Even living across the hall from Jiyong, you haven’t seen him.  There were several occasions when you were standing in front of his door debating if you should knock or not but you always end up turning around and walk back into your apartment.

 

Manager Nana and Appa have been checking in on you to make sure that you are doing okay.  They can see that something changed inside of you and they are worried that you might leave again.  The feeling of loneliness and the harsh reality is coming back and no matter how hard you try, you can’t seem to shake the feeling off.  To keep your mind from thinking so much, you overwhelm yourself with work.  Since you have been working long hours throughout the week, you are finishing up rather quickly.  Your boss even informed you and told you that you might be able to go home sooner than expected.  You aren’t too sure how you feel about leaving anymore since you do want to since Korea is home, but it just doesn’t feel like home anymore.

 

It’s a quite Friday afternoon and you just finished up with a four hour long meeting.  You are done training the new division manager and you decided to leave for the day.  You wish you can talk with BigBang, especially Jiyong but you remember your plan when you first arrived in Korea: “Don’t get attached again ______-ah.  Once you are done here, you are leaving again.  No strings, no feelings!”

 

You left work and decided to take a walk before going back and locking yourself up in your prison, your apartment.  You walk to the old coffee shop that you used to work at because it’s been so long since you have been inside.  You open the door and you are greeted with the smell of fresh grinned coffee beans and hot milk.  The tables set up are still the same with family pictures hanging across the walls.  The table booths are lined up evenly across both sides of the wall with hanging flower pots near the windows.  You smile at how nothing has changed and make your way to the cashier.   You order a white chocolate mocha, one of your old favorite drinks and look around to see that it not too busy inside.  You wait for the employee to finish making your drink, and you continue to look around amazed at the atmosphere is still the same.  You see a man get up from his seat and walks out of the door and your heart stops as if you just saw a ghost.  Time seems to have frozen with you as you stand there watching him walk out of the shop and walk away.  Tears slowly roll down your face and like a lost child who just found their parents, you start running after him.  Step by step, breath by breath, no matter how fast you run, it feels like you can’t catch up to him.  Fate was on your side as you see him stopping at the end of the block to pick up his cell phone.  Not caring that he doesn’t see you running towards him, you threw your arms around his waist, interlock your fingers and held him from behind.  You burry your face into his back and his scent brings you the feeling of warmth, the feeling of protection.

 

Being caught by surprise, he slowly turns his head to see who is holding him.  He can feel the back of his shirt getting wet from your tears and fast beating of your heart.  He removes your hands and brings you around to the face him.  His eyes widen as he stares at your face.  His eyes starts getting watery but being the man that he is, no tears fell down.  He cups your face with his hands and creases your cheeks with his thumb.  He continues to catch your tears with his palm and neither one of you speaks a word.  After what seems like forever, you finally got to hear that rough tone voice of his.

 

“Baby girl, what took you so long to find your Teddy Oppa?”