Chapter 28.

Words from Your Mouth

Days after staying at Jaejoong's house, Subin moved out and found a apartment near his house. Of course, Jaejoong wasn't exactly happy to let her go but Subin threatened to not contact him if he didn't let her move.

"How's Kris? Did he say he would be moving back to Korea?" Subin asked Jaejoong as she looked through the papers.

"I asked his manager to bring him over. However, I am not sure about the thing you asked." Jaejoong bit his lips.

"And what thing is that?" Subin stopped from looking at her papers and looked at him.

"To ask him if he was willing to settle it out of court." Jaejoong said.

"Well, if he doesn't, so be it. I'll do my best for you." Subin said and Jaejoong's heart pumped faster.

I'll do my best for you. Was all he heard.

"Jaejoong? Jae? Joong? YAH!" Subin smacked his head and he looked up at her with a frown.

"You weren't answering me so I had no choice." Subin said.

"What is it?" Jaejoong asked.

"Want to go for lunch?" Subin asked and immediately, he went and grabbed his wallet, keys and phone.

"Where to?" He asked without even realising that he was being too obvious that he still had feelings for her.

"Always so eager, Jaejoong." Subin chuckled and shook her head.

 


 

"I hope this isn't so bad." Subin said as Jaejoong looked around the cafe.

"No, it's cool."

"You sure?" Subin cocked a brow.

"Yeah, let's take a seat." Jaejoong said and went to one of the table, pulling a chair out for her to seat.

"Thanks." She said and slid in the chair.

"Any recommendations here?" Jaejoong asked as he skimmed through the menu.

"Their grill chicken here isn't that bad." Subin said and Jaejoong ordered two for the both of them.

When the food came, both Jaejoong and Subin reached for the knife and fork at the same time, making their hand brush against one another. They quickly pulled back after feeling the electric wave pass through their veins. They both cleared their throats and smiled meekly before digging in.

Once in a while, Jaejoong would glance up at her and Subin feeling the stares, would look up to meet his eyes and quickly looked down again.

"You have something at your cheeks." Jaejoong pointed to her cheeks and she reached up, trying to wipe it away but failed badly.

"Come here," Jaejoong said and pulled Subin by her wrist towards him, wiping the stain of her flushing pink cheeks.

Even after wiping it of, the two stayed in the same position. Subin who realised the stares they were getting from the crowd, wanted to moved back and pulled away. However, Jaejoong didn't allowed her to do so. He held his grip on her wrist tighter and slowly leaned in. In that moment, Subin lost her mind. She was trying to push him away for so long and then, she was here, to try and create some chances for them. She closed her eyes and waited for Jaejoong's lips to go on hers. Halfway though, she opened her eyes and Jaejoong too, realised what he was doing.

The two quickly broke away and looked everywhere but one another. The two kept quiet until Jaejoong paid for the bill and went in the car.

"About just now-" The two said and paused, waiting for the other party to start. But the two didn't start the conversation and both spoke at the same time again.

"You go first." Subin said.

"About just now... I am sorry. I didn't know what came over me.. I made you feel uncomfortable.." Jaejoong said softly.

"It's alright.." She mumbled softly and buckled her seat belt.

"Let's go?" She asked and Jaejoong drove off.

Jaejoong drove to his house first before getting off and walked Subin home. When the two were outside her house, she smiled and turned to him.

"Don't worry too much about Kris. I promise I'll try my best." She said and patted his shoulders before opening the door. Before she was about to enter, Jaejoong held her wrist.

"I just want you to know.. My words are still valid. I will get you back, I will prove that I am your destiny and I'll write our fate down, together." Jaejoong said before pecking her left cheek and walked away without saying another word.

Subin quickly slipped into her house and closed the door. She gulped and held her chest.

"To be honest, your words had long made me waver.. I want to be your destiny too.. I want to write our fate down together too." Subin mumbled.

 

Author's Note:

 

The next chapter is the last!

Comment and subscribe:D!