Chapter 14.

Words from Your Mouth

 

 

Thursday, two more days till Subin's parents is back. Like any other day, she woke up earlier than she should have. Washing up and leaving the house, she was shocked to find Jaejoong outside her house. She walked to where he was and tapped him on the shoulder. Because his back was to her, she put her finger near his face.

When he turned, her finger automatically stick and poke his right cheek. She laughed and stepped back so he could turn fully.

"Why are you outside my house?" She asked and he smiled.

He stuck his hand out and she tilted her head to the side, curious.

"Hmm?" She asked.

He wrote in her palm and she quickly took her phone out.

"What do you want to do with my phone?" She asked.

Jaejoong just typed in her phone and handed it back to her. She quickly checked and saw his contact in it.

"Mute?" She raised her eyebrows and looked at him. He smiled and nodded back to her.

He took her phone again and typed some things into it.

"We'll walk to school together? Sure." She said and started walking.

'Only so I can know if anything happens.' He said as she saw her skipping happily.

He had actually changed her speedial 1 to his number without her knowing in case anything happened, he could be there for her.

"Do you think Kris will be at school early today too?" She asked Jaejoong.

"Time?" He asked and she stopped.

Since he hardly spoke, she wanted to savour every single word he said deep inside with her, so she could at least stop hearing voices of his voice calling her name and saying 'I love yous' to her and use his voice to think of other things.

Seeing she stopped, he had also stopped. Seeing her spacing out, he shook her and she came back to earth.

"Oh, it's 6.35am." She replied.

"I don't really know, he is actually unpredictable." He replied and she shrugged her shoulders.

"He's actually pretty fun to be with when he isn't a jerk. Did you saw how he was yesterday?" She asked.

"Saw that." He replied with a low voice, being unhappy with her mentioning Kris all the while.

"Maybe he isn't a jerk after all." She said and smiled, walking again.

Jaejoong walked from behind her with a heavy heart.

 


 

"Kris! You're here again!" Subin cheered when she saw him in class.

"Ehmm. I came early for you." Kris beamed at her.

"Really?" She said and laughed.

"Yeap." Kris said and took the seat next to her.

Jaejoong took Subin's right hand and squeezed it tightly, making Subin turned to looked at him. She smiled and pulled her hand away from his while patting his head before turning over to Kris.

'When will you stop neglecting me?' Jaejoong asked in his head.

After a while, the conversation between Kris and Subin stopped. Subin turned to Jaejoong and he turned to looked at her after feeling her looking at him. He felt happy that she at least remember he was there until,

"Jaejoong-ah, can you leave the classroom for a while? I want to ask something private to Kris." She said and Jaejoong's heart fell.

He nodded and stood up from his chair, walking out of the classroom but not before a last glance at Subin.

Once he was out, Subin and Kris started talking again.

"Kris, I have something important to ask you." Subin started.

"Oh, what is it?" Kris asked.

"I've been feeling weird around Jaejoong. Whenever he does something small like my head or just a few mere words from him, something inside me goes off. All I hear is my heart beating against my ribs. Do you know why? Am I sick?" She asked.

"O-oh. Maybe it's just because you are around him t-too much. I don't think you're sick. I think it may be because sometimes, you run too fast and maybe that's why you can feel your heart beating against your ribs so loudly." Kris explained, a little nervous.

"Oh... That must be it." She said and smiled at him.

Jaejoong came back right after they finished their talk and when Jaejoong felt Kris was for sure up to something, he pulled Subin out harshly.

"Oww... What is it Jaejoong?!" She said as she rubbed her wrist.

He took his phone out and texted her via the phone. Her phone rang and she took it out.

'Kris seems suspicious, try not to be too close to him. I know how he is. He isn't that simple.'

The message wrote and she sighed.

"You're thinking too far Jaejoong. What can he do to me?" Subin said.

Again, Jaejoong texted her.

'Trust me Subin-ah, he isn't as innocent as he is. Just believe me okay?'

Jaejoong looked desperately at her and she sighed again.

"Okay, I'll just beware of him, okay? Let's drop this topic already." Subin said, finally giving in.

Jaejoong sighed in relief and nodded and the two went into the class.

 


 

During lunch, Subin took note of Jaejoong's words and tried to distance herself from Kris just a little. Seeing Subin do this, Jaejoong felt happy that she kept her so called 'promise'. Kris didn't notice though, that Subin was a little distant from him but the members knew.

Subin felt guilty although she did nothing wrong, in a way. She felt like a criminal for doubting Kris's 'good' intention on making friends with her. But, she had no other choice. She didn't know why, why she preferred listening to Jaejoong rather than ignoring his words and stand by Kris's side. That Kris had just pure and good intention on befriending her.

In a way, she had already known that Jaejoong was slowly, somehow, already somewhere in her heart. But, she has yet to know why and how he ended up in there. And where did Jaejoong stand in her heart? A friend? A good friend? A more than friend but lesser than lover friend? A lover? Or beyond the range of lover to soul mate?

 

Author's Note:

Screw the once update for today, I did an double update!:D Hehehe! I wrote the back part of the fic already and damn, it was sad D: Should I end the fic at where they confessed and start a sequel to show what happens after or to continue on together with this fic? Because the part somehow isn't relevent with the title anymore:/

Comment and subscribe:D!