Misunderstanding

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yunho's POV

I pulled my car into the parking lot of my apartment complex after dropping Sunhee off at her place and gathered my things. I carefully grabbed onto Sunhee's gift and smiled. A burger kit. I've received hundreds of gifts in my entire life from a variety of people but I have never been as happy with a gift as I am with this one. I can't believe how easily she can bring a smile to my face. I examined the packaging of the burger kit, does that silly girl really think that I like these kinds of things, let alone eat them? What exactly goes on in that strange mind of hers? 

 

I shook my head at her silliness and was ready to exit my car when something shiny caught my eye. I reached over to the passenger seat to grab the foreign object, seeing that it was Sunhee's wallet upon close inspection. “Of course she would be clumsy enough to drop her wallet in my car.” I spoke to myself. “I still don't understand how she can be 21 years old and not 13.” I placed her wallet into the cup holders and pushed my keys back into the ignition, “I guess I'll be paying her another visit.”

 

I exited the parking lot after just arriving less than five minutes ago and made my way back to Sunhee's house with smile on my face. Even if I just spent most of the day with her, I was excited to see her again. I've found that no matter how much time I spend with that girl, it was never enough. I always wanted to be around her, see her everyday, and spend all my time with her. I was getting attached and I wasn't sure how to feel about it because I knew that soon she wouldn't be my intern anymore. I would have to decide on what to do with my feelings with Sunhee before she leaves.

 

After about 15 minutes of driving, I finally arrived at Sunhee's apartment, putting my car into park near a playground of the apartment building. I was going to call her to get down here to get her wallet when a familiar figure caught my sight. What is this girl doing alone sitting on a swing at night all alone? Doesn't she know how dangerous it is? I shook my head, of course she doesn't. She's just a clumsy girl who always gets into trouble and makes me worried.

I opened my car door, ready to not only return Sunhee her wallet but also give her a stern lecture of staying out at night alone when I saw someone else already making their way to her. I got into defensive mode, ready to step in just in case it was someone dangerous but upon closer look, it was just that pretty boy I met at the mall not too long ago. What's his name, Mulan, Wufan, Lupin...something? I narrowed my eyes when he sat down beside Sunhee on the swings and clenched my fists. I hated that he lives at the same apartment complex as the girl I liked, he gets to see her everyday while I only get to see her four days a week. That guy has the convenience of being able to take the damn elevator when he wants to see Sunhee while I have to drive for 15-20 minutes just to see her face. Damn .

 

I reentered my car and kept a close eyes on the two people sitting on the swings, observing the two closely and watching as their lips moved in conversation. I desperately wanted to hear what they were talking about for them to both be smiling. I saw Sunhee freeze from something that boy said, her face full of guilt and his face full of false hope. I noticed his crestfallen expression and their lips continuing to move but I, of course couldn't hear a thing. I watched and waited, wanting for what's his face to leave so I could go and confront Sunhee. The next thing I knew, I saw something that killed me. Anger and despair took possession over ever fiber within me and I had to calm myself down before I walked out there and punched the living daylights out of the baby faced . I know Sunhee wasn't my girlfriend, I know I had no rights to get so protective over her but I was ready, ready to storm over there and end it all when I realized something.

 

Why wasn't Sunhee pulling away? Why is she just sitting there and letting him k

Please log in to read the full chapter