Night Surprise

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV

 “Are you sure you don't want to go with us, noona?” Sehun asked for the fifth time that day as he zipped up his jacket. “We're going to your favorite restaurant.”

“No thanks, Sehunnie.” I rejected. Sehun had called Luhan earlier and they made plans to go out and eat together. Sehun had asked me if I wanted come a few times already but I kept rejecting the idea since I still wasn't talking to Luhan after that kiss incident. And from the looks of it, Sehun doesn't have a clue what was going on between Luhan and me since he wasn't running his mouth in some sort of complaint. “Sehun-ah, when you go out with Luhan oppa make sure to be careful, okay?” I advised as he was putting on his shoes. “There's suppose to be a big storm coming in today.”

“Got it.” Sehun opened the door and stepped out. “I'll see you soon, noona!”

“Bye!”
 

Once Sehun left, everything was calm and quiet, at least for the first 30 minutes. They weren't kidding about the storm today. Without having to get up, I could already tell it was nasty outside. Rain was pelting against the windows and I could hear the wind howling outside. I slightly jumped at the sudden sound of thunder but quickly recovered, pulling the blankets tighter around my body and turning the volume of the t.v even louder. Making myself comfortable, I snuggled into the couch pillows and glued my eyes to the show. Before I knew it, my eyes fluttered shut and I drifted off to sleep.

 

I shifted on the couch, hearing the faint sound of ringing but chose to ignore it as I turned, looking for a more comfortable position so I could fall back asleep. As I was desperately trying to fall back to dream land, the stupid ringing wouldn't go away. Grumbling about the obnoxious noise, I groggily sat up from my laying position. Whoever is at the front door better have a good reason for bothering me. I know it can't be Sehun since he has the house key, I gave it to him myself. And it can't be Luhan since he was with Sehun. I grabbed my phone that was on the coffee table and checked for any calls or messages through blurry eyes. Nothing. So who was it that was on the other end ringing and knocking on the door so urgently.

 

I threw the blanket off my body and dragged myself to the front door. I rubbed my eyes and patted my cheeks a bit to get rid of my sleepiness before flinging the door open. My eyes immediately widened at the soaking man before me. A soaking man whom I have not seen for the past four days. “W-what are you doing here?” I stuttered out in shock, any trace of fatigue that I had before was completely wiped away.

Yunho's eyes met mine and he slowly staggered forward, gripping onto my shoulders with water droplets dripping down his body. “You're okay.” He breathed in relief.

My brows furrowed in confusion, “What?”

“You're safe.” He said, his body visibly relaxing.

I continued to stared at Yunho in confusion. I stepped back into the house as he followed, “Uh...yeah... “ I inspected his face when he refused to let me go, “Are you...drunk?” His sudden appearance at my house, in the middle of the night, during a storm got me questioning his sanity.

 

Yunho shook his head, refusing to remove his gaze away from my face. “I thought something bad happened to you when you went missing for the past four days and with the storm...I thought..” He shook his head to get rid of the negative thoughts. “You're okay.” I softened at his words but the confusion didn't leave, if anything, it increased ten fold.

“I'm perfectly fine but ahjussi, are you okay?” I worriedly asked.

“I'm fine.” He answered. “As of now, I'm perfectly fine.”

I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to decipher his words. Pushing my conflicted thoughts aside, I took his hand and pulled them away from my shoulders, staring as water droplets continued to drip down his clothes and hair. I frowned at the sight and grabbed his hand, leading him farther into the house. “Wait here. I'll be right back.”

 

A minute later, I came out with a few towels in my hands. “Here, use these to dry yourself up.” He stayed silent, only staring at me with his sharp eyes. I gulped and nervously glanced away. Tossing one towel over his head, I wrapped another around his shoulders before pulling him towards the couch. I placed a dry towel down and pushed him down on the couch, taking a seat beside him. “Why are you here?” I softly asked. Having Yunho in front of me like this, I realized how much I actually missed him but I also realized how much it hurt to see him because I knew he would never like me.

“I wanted to see you because I was worried.” He repeated the same words he did earlier. “I missed you.”

Please log in to read the full chapter