Relax

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

Suhnee's POV 

“Dammit! I ask them to do one thing, one thing! And they can't even get it right!” Yunho stormed into his office and bellowed. I blinked up at him alarmed. “Now I'm stuck with a load of paperwork to do and I have to go convince a thick headed troll to invest in our company.” He set his hands on his waist and glared down at his desk. “I should just fire all these sad excuse of people.”

“What's the deal old man?” I warily asked, his enraged behavior making me nervous. I've seen him annoyed plenty of times and I've seen him scold his workers a good amount too but I've never seen him blow up like this. If it could be like cartoons where steam would be coming out of the character's ears and nose then I'm positive that, that would be the situation with Yunho.

“Stupid Chanmi screwed up on her presentation with a company that I've been after for the past year!” He fumed. “I asked her to prepare weeks before the presentation and I constantly questioned on whether she was ready and she answered yes every single time.” He continued. “And when the time comes for her to sale it to them, she chokes! She chokes and screws everything up!”

“Ahjussi.” I calmly called. “Calm down, she was probably just having a bad day. I'm sure if you represent your sales pitch again, they'll come around.”

“I can't calm down!” He furiously bellowed. “I just lost a client! I've been after these guys for so long and I lost them!”

“Just try again.” I simply suggested. “For now, just relax and clear your mind.”

 

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I watched him opening and slamming shut his desk drawers, ransacking everything within. “I don't think you know the meaning of relaxing do you?”

“Of course I do.” He stated finely looking at me with his sharp eyes. “Relaxation means-”

“I don't mean the actual meaning, you old fart!” I stopped him and snapped. “I mean, have you ever just dropped everything and relaxed?” I asked. “Let your mind wander and just let all your problems go?”

“I don't have time for those things.” He exasperatedly shook his head and answered. “I'm too busy fixing my employee's mess!” I could only sigh and shake my head. This old man really has been deprived of the good in life. I got up and walked towards him, stopping just a few feet away from his upset form. “Since I'm feeling kind, I'll show you what relaxation is all about.”

“Like when you showed me what fun was?” He asked with a brow raised, his irritated mood fizzing down a bit.

“Mhm.” I replied, enthusiastically nodding my head.

“I can't.” Yunho answered and ran a hand through his hair. “If I go out and leave now, my work load will just get bigger.”

“Then I'll help.” I chimed.

 

Yunho looked down at me, a hint of amusement in his eyes, “What can you possibly do to help me?”

“Don't underestimate my abilities ahjussi.” I quickly defended. “You'll just have to trust me okay? I promise you won't be disappointed.” I assured. “And once you've cleared your mind, we'll come back and finish your work even if it's past my hours.” I watched Yunho's face as I awaited his reply. I could see how reluctant he was to drop all his work and go out with me. “Come on ahjussi, you need it.” I urged. “You look like a 40 year old man and you're only 26!”

“Alright, I'll go with you.” He finally answered after a couple minutes passed by. He grabbed his wool jacket from the back of his chair and put it on. “Just don't make me regret it ahjumma.”

“I won't.” I promised and sent him an eye smile.

“You aren't taking me to a spa are you?” Yunho cautiously asked as he followed me through the door.

“No, I hate those places.” I replied with a frown. I skipped forward and flashed Yunho another smile. “Since it's nice and chilly outside, let's go do something outdoorsy.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yunho's POV

Since Sunhee wanted the destination to be a surprise, the two of us ended up taking the subway. I had suggested taking my car but I somehow lost the battle of persuasion and let her lead me away.

“I'll take you to a place that I love going to when I want to relax.” Sunhee chimed as she skipped ahead of me on the streets. I stood still in my spot, watching as she cheerfully zoomed down the streets, humming and flailing her arms around. I felt a small smile forming on my face. She's so childish and carefree. It m

Please log in to read the full chapter