Weakness

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yunho's POV

A few days have passed since I had that conversation with Changmin about my conflicting thoughts about Sunhee. And ever since that day, I began to notice even more things about her and I found myself paying even more attention to her habits. It was distracting really, I had a lot of important work to finish but my attention always wanders off to that damn girl instead. But I don't like her. She just interesting. That's all.

 

I was already in my office bright and early, wanting to get a head start on my work, since I knew that once Sunhee stepped through those doors, my concentration would be all over. With a ball point pen in my hand, my papers spread out in front of me, and folders on hand, I was determined to catch up with all my work when my cell phone rang loudly from my suit pocket. I fished my phone out of my pocket and Changmin's name blared up on the screen.

“Why are you calling me?” I greeted, annoyed that I was interrupted from my work.

“Well your lovely cousin had a feeling that you're in denial.” Changmin cheekily replied from the other line. I sat in my office chair confused. Denial? Denial of what?

“Wh-”

“Of your crush towards this mysterious girl.” He answered before I could even finish my sentence.

 

Hearing his words, my body turned rigid and I was left in shock at how Changmin could know this without even being here to witness anything. “It's not a crush.” I corrected, refusing to agree with him.

“So it's more than that! Good for you hyung! Admitting your feelings like that.” Changmin concluded and praised. “Now all you have to do is as-”

“No!” I quickly stopped him. “I don't like her.” Changmin groaned from the other line, “I thought we just got pass that. You just said you like her.”

“You said I liked her. I didn't say anything.” I retorted. “Tsk, thinking about it now, you two would probably get along pretty well. You both seem to enjoy annoying me.” I mentioned.

“Tell me Jung Yunho, what do you feel when you're around her?” Changmin questioned. “Now be honest about this, I don't want that, 'I'm annoyed with her' crap.”

 

I sighed but decided to answer his question as truthfully as I felt, “I...appreciate her company.” I carefully began. “Though she annoys me, there's a sense of comfort and calming when she's around. I mean, she irritates me a lot and she's always bothering me but I can actually relax when she's around, you know?” I explained and leaned back in my chair. I thought about all the time we've spent together and smiled, “When we're together, I can actually let loose and let my mind wander. That girl, she even took me to the beach during the middle of fall just so I could relax. We even went to an arcade together and fought over hot chocolate and ice cream.” I paused for a brief moment before continuing, “I find myself obliging with her requests rather easily...”

“Is this a weakness I sense?” Changmin teased. “She must have really gotten to you then. I mean, people have known you for years and some don't know more than your name or spoken more than 10 words to you. This girl has already brought you out of your shell. And come on now, you kissed her when you brought her to your parents' house. Pretend or not, you were never a big fan of skin ship so kissing her has to mean something.”

I thought about what Changmin said and realized that he was right. “So say that I do like her, and I'm just using this in a scenario, but what if I like her but I didn't want to?”

 

Changmin snorted at my words, “Why wouldn't you want to like someone? Doesn't it make you happy?”

“I don't, I mean I wouldn't want to deal with such trivial feelings.” I honestly replied. “I find things like that to be a bother.”

“Sorry to tell you hyung but feelings don't just go away like the weather. If you had those feelings that is.” Changmin played along. “If the girl makes you happy, just go for it.” I released a deep breath and thought about how happy and carefree I was around Sunhee. And though I would never admit this out loud, I looked forward to seeing her everyday. But I don't like her, I really don't. A closer term to describe my feelings is friendship. I consider her to be somewhat of my friend. Yeah.

 

“Old man!!” My eyes slightly widen at the main character's loud appearance.

“Changmin, I have to go. I'll call you later.” I quickly muttered to Changmin, not wanting her to hear me what I was talking about.

“Wait, was that her?” Changmin hurriedly asked, obviously hearing Sunhee's voice from across the line. “I want to talk to her! Don't hang up on me hy-”

I hung up my phone before Changmin could finish his sentence and nodded my head at my intern in acknowledgment, “Hey.”

 

Sunhee closed the door behind her and skipped forward, a manila folder in her hands. “I finished the work you gave me.” She told and plopped into the chair in front of me.

“Already?” I asked, surprised that she had already finished the assignment I gave her just yesterday. Sunhee rested her elbows on my desk and placed her head into her hands,she then sent me a sunny smile, her eyes turning into crescent moons, “Well I had nothing to do yesterday and once I started on the assignment, I couldn't stop.” I took the moment to stare at her pearly white teeth and her bright expression, a look that could make any man weak in his knees and I was ashamed to admit that I am one of them. She tapped her fingers against my desk and pulled out a Hershey's kiss from the pocket of her jacket.

 

“Ahjussi, I have a question.” She chimed and popped the candy into . I scoffed and raised a brow, “What's new?” Sunhee slightly narrowed her eyes but went off the ask her question anyway, “I didn't ask before but I just remembered this from the lunch with your parents.” She bit her bottom lips as the quivered, “That polar bear carpet at you parents' house, was that real?”

A small smirk formed on my face at her panicked expression. I leaned forward in my seat and copied her actions, setting my elbows on the desk and resting my chin in my heads, “My mother doesn't do fake.” Her eyes rounded and she gulped, “So it was real?” I nodded my head, not bothering to hide the smile that formed on my face. She shuddered and frowned, “Your mom scares me.”

“She scares a lot of people.” I muttered.

 

Sunhee hummed and continued tapping her fingers against my desk, her eyes wandering around the room until they stopped on the window. Her eyes shined when she caught sight of her silly drawing that

Please log in to read the full chapter