Compensation

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sunhee's POV

With a brief discussion when we left Yunho's parents house on what we were going to do, we decided to go to the mall so he could pay me back for those long hours of torture. 30 minutes later, we arrived at our destination and I was able to get a few new pieces of clothing to changed out of, thanks to Yunho once again. 

 

“Ah, it feels good to be out of those horrid clothing.” I expressed in relief, walking out of the store and spinning around in joy. “You don't know how suffocating I felt in those clothes ahjussi.”

“Trust me, I do. My mother used to dress me in all sorts of animal print when I was younger and even when I was young, I hated every second of it.” Yunho told, a sour expression crossing through his face. I hummed in agreement, “So what should I do with these clothes that you bought me? I really have no use for them.”

“Keep them.” He curtly answered, shoving his hands into his pockets and walking close to my side.

“But I will never, ever wear them again.” I reasoned. “They'll stay in the back of my closet for ever and never see the daylight again.”

“Then just keep them there.” He replied. “Now, where is that candy store you speak of?” I pouted at his curt answers but still replied, “It's on the third floor where the food court is at.”

 

Without much thought, I grabbed onto Yunho's elbow and led him towards the escalators, not even letting go when we were in the candy shop. The candy store was a place that I was very familiar with. Pink and purple walls with giant pillars with gold swirls decorated the interior and of course candies. I never, ever, came to the mall without swinging by to grab a treat. I came by so much that the manager of the store even knew my name.

My mouth immediately watered at the sight of numerous sweets in display cases, on the counters, and in bins. There was just so many goodies and I didn't know what to choose. “Ahjussi.” I called after taking a gulp at the mouth watering sight, “What candies should I get? There's so many to choose from.”

“Get a little of everything.” He nonchalantly replied, choosing to stand against a pillar and watch me.

“E-everything?” I stuttered at stared at Yunho with wide eyes. “But that will be expensive.” Yunho stared at me with a raised eyebrow, “What does it matter? I'm paying anyway.”

“Right...So you don't mind how many things I'll buy? At all?” I carefully questioned. He shook his head, “Go crazy.” 

 

That was all he needed to say before I let loose. I scurried around the store picking out all of my favorite treat and being the nice person I am, I even decided to get something for Sehun and Luhan. “Okay, I'm done.” I walked back over to Yunho with an armful of teeth rotting treats.

“Is that all you want?” Yunho asked as he took everything out of my hands and dumped them into a basket. “I would have thought you wanted to buy the whole store or something with that sweet tooth of yours.” I gave him a sunny smile and followed him towards the register, “As much as I would want to, I don't want to waste too much of your money.” I stood behind Yunho, patiently wanting for the worker to finishing ringing everything up.

 

“Here.” Yunho shoved the bag of treats into my arms once we were out of the store. “What else do you want to do today?” He asked or more like demanded.

“I'm kinda hungry. I didn't have much of an appetite at lunch.” I answered and placed a hand on my stomach. I was far too nervous to eat comfortably during lunch with his parents, plus his mom kept asking me so many questions that I barely had time to place any food into my mouth. “So can we go to the food court and grab something to eat?” Yunho gave out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes, grabbing a hold of my free hand and dragging me towards where all the food stands were. “Hey, cut the attitude old man. You offered to do anything I want without a complaint. That means no sighing, rolling your eyes, or being a big fat meany like you usually are.”

“You're really gonna take advantage of this aren't you?” He asked, his eyes cold.

“Of course.” I replied and merrily skipped forward, stringing Yunho along the whole way.

 

“Sunhee?”

I turned around at the sound of someone calling my name and was met with a familiar face. “Luhan oppa.” I voiced in pleasant surprise. “What are you doing here?”

“I can ask you the same thing. Sehun told me you disappeared early in the morning without a word. He's really worried about you.” Luhan informed and pulled me in his arms for a hug. Yunho looked on in confusion. Who's this pretty boy? Her boyfriend?

“Shoot, I forgot to tell him I had plans. Sehunnie's gonna burst a blood vessel.” I regrettably mumbled and thought about how my brother was probably freaking out right now. Luhan lightly chuckled until his eyes met Yunho's cold ones. Luhan titled his head to the side and stared at the unfamiliar male, “Sunhee-ah, who is he?”

“Ah! This is ahj- I mean.” I stopped myself and cleared my throat. “This is a...friend of mine?” I uncertainly spoke. I then nodded, “Yeah, he's a friend.”

“Friend?” Luhan continued to stare at Yunho, though he had a friendly smile on his youthful face, you could clearly see the hostility in his eyes. “Then why are you guys holding hands?” Holding?

 

I quickly let go of Yunho's hand when I realized I had been holding onto it the whole time.

“Uh, it's nothing.” I embarrassingly mumbled and rubbed the nape of my neck. Yunho glanced down at his empty hand and frowned. He rather enjoyed the warmth from holding hands but he would never admit it.  

“A

Please log in to read the full chapter