Being Nice

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho's POV

I walked into my work building that day with undeterred determination and a new goal. Today, I had made it a mission to be nice. All these years, I've always treated everyone the same. Cold. But now I was going to make effort to change. To, how should I say...be civilized or uh....social? I've never bothered about considering others' feelings but after Sunhee brought it up the other day, I thought I might as well give it a try and see how it goes.

 

“Good morning sir.” The reception at the front desk stood up in her spot and bowed. Now usually, I would brisk pass her without a second glance and leave the desperate woman hanging but as I was saying, I wanted to try being nice. I paused mid step and clasped my hands together behind my back. I stared at the women; a pencil skirt, tight button up shirt with a the top to reveal a bit of her chest, and dark lips. The woman, to me, screamed desperate. The way she was eying me seemed like she hasn't eaten in the days and her body language made it like she was putting herself on display.

 

I mentally sighed. This was why I always ignored this woman. She was far too desperate. I cleared my throat, surprising the woman. “Good morning to you too Ms..” I glanced at her name tagged and furrowed my eyebrows, Wang Hee Joo. I pursed my lips. Tsk. “Wang.” Without waiting for her reply, I stormed off towards the elevator to go to my office. I paused mid step and scold myself. Darn, I should have attempted to make small talk. That would have been something nice....whatever. I'll try with the next person.

 

Luckily, I rode on the elevator alone and made it up to the floor where my office was held. I stepped out and glanced at the vicinity, looking at each busy worker. I walked passed a row full of female worker who giggled like middle schoolers when I came by. They stared at me with their jaws dropped and hearts in their eyes and I wanted to puke. I wanted to insult them and glare at them until they squirm in discomfort but I composed myself. I had to remember to be nice. I took a deep breath before speaking. “How are you...ladies” More like pigs. “Doing today?” I slowly spoke and asked. Their eyes lit up and a pack of them scurried forward, standing far too close to me for comfort.

“We're doing great sir!”

“Absolutely fantastic!”

“You look very handsome today!”

“Just like you do everyday!”

 

I felt my right eye twitching and I quickly slapped a hand over it, concealing my habit from the pack of wolves. I gave them a wry smile and turned away. Choosing not to go on any longer, I swiftly my heel and walked forward to greet more workers. “Good morning.” I nodded to some. “Good morning to you, to you, and to you too.” I went around and said while forcing a wide smile on my face. I stopped when I reached the desk of my secretary, her staring at me in shock.

“Secretary Choi.”

“S-sir.” She stood up and greeted with a stutter.

“How's living, Ms. Choi?” I kindly asked. Though I wasn't fond of her, out of all the workers here she was one of the few I could tolerate. She didn't throw herself at me nor did she shove gifts in my face, hoping it would buy my affection. She did her job and she did it well.

“I-I...it was...”

I frowned. This was why I didn't talk to her much. She was a blubbering mess.“Ms. Choi. It's a simple question.” I repeated, not bothering to hide my annoyance. I hated people who took up my time.

“F-fine!” She hurriedly squeak.

“Very well then.” I gave her a glare before storming into my office, closing the door with a bang. This was why I barely associated with any of these people. They're all so wide eyed and jumpy for no reason. I wa

Please log in to read the full chapter