Day Out

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yunho's POV

And 3,2,1.

“Ahjussi!” Sunhee burst into my office and screamed. She sent me an eye smile and a small wave, “I'm here.” I nodded my head in acknowledgment, watching her closely as she went to take a seat on the black leather couch like usual. 

“...How was yesterday?” I carefully asked after she settled in her seat.

“Fine.” She answered after a moment of hesitation. “It was fine.”

I nodded my head once more, “Good.” Clearing my throat, I rose from my seat and grabbed a manilla folder. I walked to my intern and handed it to her. “It's just a bunch of summaries on the biggest companies in Seoul.” I told. “I just want you to read them.” She looked up at me curiously, “That's all?”

“That's all.” I answered.

“Okay.” Sunhee took the folder and began flipping through the pages, pulling out a Hershey's bar from her bag. At the sight, a small smile grew on my face. At least she's feels good enough to eat her candy.

 

A few hours dragged on without much enthusiasm. I could tell Sunhee was still bothered about her parents. She made light conversation with me and asked me a few questions but still wasn't like her usual self. And when she smiled, it never reached her eyes. I thought I would have enjoyed her new, toned down attitude but I found myself longing for the real her, the one that couldn't be quiet for a minute and the one that could eat a single candy bar in seconds. I had the sudden urge to comfort her. To bring her true self back.

 

Not being able to stand her change of character anymore, I quickly put on my coat and walked towards her. “What are you doing?” Sunhee asked puzzled, as she watched me grabbed her things and pushed them into her hands

“I want to go out and play today.” I curtly answered and pulled her towards the door. She yanked her arm out of my grip, “What?”

“I feel stuffy staying in this office, I've been in here for hours.” I responded, running a hand through my hair. “I want to go out and get some fresh air.”

“Okaaay.” She muttered, willingly following along as I pulled her away. “But what about all your paper work?”

“I'll do them later.” I said and pushed her into the elevator.

 

“So where do you want to go?” Sunhee questioned as she walked beside me.

“Arcade.” I answered while looking ahead. Sunhee looked up at me with large eyes. “You know what an arcade is?” She asked in amazement.

“Haha.” I muttered dryly. “I'll have you know, I used to spend a lot of my free time at the arcade as a kid.” I revealed. “I had the highest score in almost every single game there.”

“Daebak.” She uttered in awe. “What game were you best at?”

“Dance Dance Revolution.”

Please log in to read the full chapter