Anniversary

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV 

I woke up today from the sound of birds happily chirping out my window. I don't know why they sounded so happy, there's nothing to be happy about on a day like this. I grumpily thought I released a heavy sigh and reluctantly got out of my bed. It was that day again. The day Sehun and me dreaded the most. Once every year it comes by and it immediately brings both of our moods down. It was the anniversary of our parents' death. The day the horrid accident happened where our parents' lives were taken away.

 

I dragged myself out of my bedroom and to the bathroom, wanting to get ready and get today over with as fast as I could. Once I was done, I walked out into the living room, catching the attention of the two figures that were sitting on the couch. “Luhan oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked, surprised to see a third party. Luhan quickly got off the couch and headed towards me. “I wanted to check up on you and see if you two are okay. I know how important today is.” He softly told with concern. I sent him a small, appreciative smile and went to put on my shoes.

“Are you leaving?” Sehun quietly asked, his mood not much different from mine. I nodded my head, “I'll tell the old man that I need to leave early today. Make sure to be ready once I get home okay? Our grandparents will be here at 2.”

“Okay.” Sehun obediently replied. He got up from the couch and came to meet me near the front door. “Take care noona.” He muttered, wrapping his arms around me and giving me a tight hug.

“You too.” I quietly replied and patted his head. I knew Sehun didn't want me to leave, he always became slightly clingy on this day but I didn't want to stay home. I'll only end up thinking about the painful memories.

 

I gave Luhan a little wave, “Bye oppa.”

“Sunhee-ah.” Luhan gently grasped my arm before I could leave. “Don't forget that I'm here, alright? If you need a shoulder to lean on or someone to talk to, just know that I'm always here for you and I'm only a floor away.” I nodded my head to show him I understood. “Thanks.” With those last words I finally left and started my journey towards the subway station to go see Yunho. Maybe seeing him could somehow make me feel better today.

 

Yunho's POV

I sat at my desk and impatiently tapped my fingers against the hardwood surface. Sunhee should be here in about five minutes. She'll swing open the door, announce her presence with a blinding smile, then skip off to the couch to eat candy. Then after a

Please log in to read the full chapter