Getting to Know Each Other

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho's POV

“Ahjussi, why did you choose me to be your intern out of all the people who applied?” Sunhee walked into my office after lunch, taking a seat across from me and asked. “I'm sure there were people with better qualifications than me.”

“There were.” I curtly answered without looking up.

“Then why did you choose me?” Even without looking at her I could tell their was a pout on her face. With just the month and a half she's been interning for me, I could already guest and gauge most of her reactions. It wasn't hard, considering she wasn't the most complicated person out there or most mysterious.

 

I thought about how I could answer her question, my hand that was holding my ball point pen suspending above the papers. I recalled receiving the applications that day from my secretary and I remembered going through each one but stopped right as I saw hers application. I stared at her as she awaited my answer. How can I tell her that something just pushed me the choose her? That I was drawn towards her right as I saw her photo? It would sound horrible, especially when I myself didn't even understand my reasoning.

“Ahjussi, why did you choose me?” She repeated her question when I didn't answer her.

I stared at her and quickly thought of an excuse before answering. “You were the first person on the stack.” I fibbed expressionless. “I didn't feel like looking through any of the applications so I just chose the first one.”

“Really?” She asked incredulous. I nodded my head. She frowned at my answer and gave me an unimpressed look, “Talk about lazy.” I gave her a glare before reaching into a desk drawer and tossing a manila folder at her, “Go copy these papers for me.”

“In other words, 'I need to get my work done so stop bothering me?'.” She guessed and grabbed the folder. “No need to make an excuse ahjussi, you could have just told me upfront.”

“Fine, shut up and go away.” I bluntly told. She narrowed her eye and clucked her tongue before walking out of my office and towards the copier.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

While Sunhee was copying the papers, I briefly left my office to go talk to a few workers to give them some feedback on their previous work. When I walked back into my office I saw her standing over my desk with a set of papers in her hands, staring blankly down at my desk.
 

“What are your parents like?” She asked out of the blue. I closed the door and walked forward, noticing that their was a wistful look held in her eyes as she stared at the picture of my parents I had on my desk.

“Old.” I simply answered and sat down at my desk.

“Okay, what else?” She questioned and sat across from me.

“Nosy.” I replied. “They like to get into my business too much, its annoying.” I told. Not that this was personal information or anything but I don't know why I was telling her any of this. I never talked about my family to other people.

“I'm sure they only want what's best for you.” Sunhee optimistically voiced.

 

“I already know what's best for me.” I argued. “Not that I don't appreciate them or anything but I would much rather them back off in my life.”

“What is it they do that annoys you so much?” She rested her chin in her hands and asked.

“Set me up on dates.” I answered. “And they're usually with girls who are all shallow.” I continued and grew aggravated from the past memories of all my exes. “All of my past girlfriends were like that and all of them were set up by my parents.”

“They did that?” My interned scrunched up her nose from my story. “They must have have really wanted a girlfriend for you.”

Please log in to read the full chapter