Fooling The Rents

Believe It
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunhee's POV 

“Alright, my parents want to meet us at their house for lunch.” Yunho revealed as we were riding in his car.

I nearly choked on my spit and the new found information. “Their house?!” I exclaimed in shock. I thought we would have met at a restaurant or something, you know a place where escaping is easy but their house? “Do we really need to meet at their house?” Yunho nodded his head, “We need to come up with some ridiculous story of how we met each other before we go over there though.”

“Ahjussi.” I meekly called out. Yunho glanced at be briefly from the corners of his eyes before looking back at the road. “Do we really have to go to their house?”

“Relax will you.” He impatiently ordered, sensing my uneasiness. “We're just faking it remember? You don't need to be so nervous.”

“You're right, you're right.” I repeated and tried to calm myself down. I took a few deep breaths before continuing. “How about we tell then you fell for me literally?” I suggested. “You trip and I helped you and-”

“You're the clumsy one between us two remember?” Yunho quickly interrupted and pointed out, giving me a pointed look as well.

 

I tapped my fingers across my thighs and avoided his gaze, “I have a small recollection.” He shook his head and rolled his eyes, “I already have some sort of idea of what to tell them.”

“Explain.” I urged.

“Well we have to make it realistic.” He started. “ Since you are my intern, we'll just tell them that after spending so much time together every week, we just kinda fell for each other.” He told. “We got so used to each others presence and learned so many things that we just kinda clicked.”

I bit my lip, trying to hold in my laughter at how ridiculous his made up story sounded, “Isn't that a bit cliché?”

“Whatever works for my parents.” He replied while coolly shrugging his shoulders.

 

20 minutes or so went by, I'm not too sure, I was actually still nervous about the whole situation but we finally pulled up to a large two story house with a white picket fence and an impeccably groomed yard.

“This is it.” Yunho announced and put the car into park. He pulled the keys out of the ignition and was about to get out when I grabbed his arm to stop him.

“I'm scared.” I told and held onto his arm tightly. “I've never met the parents of my 'boyfriend' before. I don't think I can do it.”

“You can't back out now.” He snapped. “You already agreed.” I pulled the best puppy dog eyes I could muster up and look at Yunho with my bottom lip jutted, “Just tell them I fell out of a tree and brok

Please log in to read the full chapter