Good-bye For Now

Married to a Stranger

“WAKE UP!” Kris said throwing a pillow at you.

You quickly sat up on the couch and stared at him. “What do you want? Can’t you see I’m sleeping.” The thought of him kissing you last night pop into your head.

“My head hurts.” Kris placed a hand over his forehead, hoping for the pain to go away.

Your checks started to turn red. “W-what do you want me to do? Its not my fault you drank, like crazy yesterday.”

He gave you a glare, “Go get me some coffee, instead.” He leaned closer towards you.

You backed away but couldn’t, instead you turn your head away from him. “F-fine.” You could feel your cheeks burning.

“Are you sick?” Kris stared at you. You shook your head and pushed him away, making him lose his balance and falling onto the couch.

“I-I’ll be right back.” You quickly grabbed your shoes and putted them on.

“HURRY!” Was the last thing Kris yelled before you closed the door.

*I don’t think he remembers what happen yesterday. What if he does?* You could feel your heart beating like crazy. “No, he doesn’t remember.” You quietly whispered to yourself and hurried to get his coffee.

~

You opened the door to the hotel room and Kris was no where to be found. “Hey idiot, I brought you were Americano Coffee.” You placed it on the table. *Great, where is he now.* You knocked on his bedroom but there was no response. “Hey Kris, I brought you your coffee.” You slowly opened the door but he wasn’t there. You closed the door and sat on the couch, trying to forget about the kiss. 

“Where’s my coffee?” Kris slammed the door of the bedroom.

“Right here.” You grabbed it but was shock that Kris had a towel wrapped around his waist. You almost dropped the coffee but he caught it on time.

“What the hell are you doing?” You quickly covered your eyes.

“What? I barely finished taking a shower.” He took a sip of his coffee, while holding his towel with his other hand.

You still had your eyes covered. “Kris, go put on some clothes.” You throw a pillow at him.

“Don’t tell me this is your first time seeing a man almost .” He said laughing. You nodded.

“Fine but did you forget where getting married in a week.” He slammed the bedroom door.

“I DON’T CARE BUT WE ARE NEVER GOING THAT FAR WITH EACH OTHER!” You screamed at the top of your lungs.

Even though the walls were thick you could still hear Kris say, “Whatever.”

*What did I do to deserve this?* You pouted to yourself.

 

Kris came out of the room, fully dress this time. His hair was still wet, making his bangs cover his face. You couldn’t stop staring at him, something about him today was making you think that he was attractive. You quickly shook your head, and looked away. “Happy.” He said.

“Y-yes.” You awkwardly replied.

He grabbed his watch and put it on. “What’s wrong with you today?”

You could feel your heart pounding hard. “N-nothing, what makes you think I’m strange today.” You coughed.

He stopped fixing his watching. “See your acting strange.”

You pushed your bangs back. “I”m just tired, that’s all.” 

Kris went back to putting his watch on and not caring. His phone started to ring, he sighed when he saw the name.

“Hello.” He calmly answered.

“Kris, where the hell have you been all last night? I kept calling you last night and you don’t answer your phone. Instead of fooling around, why don’t you start caring about the company!” You could here his grandfather yelling.

“I’m sorry.” Was all Kris could say.

“You better come to the company right now or else...!” Mr. Wu yelled before hanging up.

Kris dropped his phone onto the couch and pretended it wasn’t serious. You wanted to ask him what was wrong but couldn’t.

“Let’s go.” He hold the door open. You quickly followed after him.

~

The taxi driver left Kris and you in front of the Wu Fan Company. “Stay here.” He said, before walking away. You awkwardly looked around. 

“Jinae, is that you.” Sera, came closer. You gave her a small wave.

She hold onto a sack of papers. “What are you doing so early here?”

“I came here with Kris.” You said smiling.

“Oh.” She said looking around to see if Kris was around.

“I’ll talk to you later. I’m kind of busy right now, so I have to go.” She hurried off, leaving you alone again.

~

Kris knocked on the door before entering, he slowly opened the door and walked in. His grandfather sat on his desk signing papers, Mr. Choi was next to him. “Mr. Choi, can you please leave us alone?” Mr. Wu said taking off his glasses. “Yes, Sir.” Mr. Choi said bowing. Mr. Wu waited until Mr. Choi was out of the room. Kris took a sit, facing his grandfather.

“What the hell are you doing so late at night? You better not being partying. You should be worrying about this company. What are you going to do if one of this days I’m gone? Your the heir of this company after I’m gone!” Grandpa Wu was frustrated.

Kris dropped his head and gripped his hands onto his pants. “I’m sorry grandfather.” Was all Kris could say. 

His grandfather rubbed his eyes. “Kris, I’m seriously tired of you partying! You know if the news reports find you doing something wrong our company will go down.” Kris sat still listening. “You’re also getting married next week and you rather be fooling around. How could you Kris!”

~

“Excuse me. Can you please tell me where Mr. Wu’s office is?” You asked the secretary at the front lobby. “It’s up on the tenth floor, towards the end. You should be able to find it.” She looked up from her computer screen. 

“Thank you.” You said bowing and hurrying off towards the elevators. The elevator ride seemed forever, but you finally arrive at the tenth floor.  You knocked on the door and waited for an answer. “Please come in.” Mr. Wu’s voice was angry. You straightened up and walked in scared. The first thing you noticed was that Kris was sitting downing, with his head down. “Hello Jinae, how are you doing?” Mr. Wu voice was calmer when he saw you. “Good morning, Mr. Wu.” You politely bowed. Kris stared at you as you sat next to him. 

“What brings you here today?” Mr. Wu asked.

“I’m sorry but it was all my fault that Kris didn’t answer his phone.” You lied. Mr. Wu just looked at you, waiting for you to explain yourself.

“Yesterday I wasn’t feeling well, and I asked Kris if he could take me to the hospital. I told Kris to go home but he stayed with me the whole night at the hospital.” You didn’t look at Mr. Wu.

“Is that what really happened Kris?” Mr. Wu was now staring at Kris.

*Darn it, his going to find out if Kris doesn’t answers him quick.* You thought while looking at Kris. 

Kris looked at you confused at first, but soon realized what you were doing. “Yes, grandfather. I spent the whole night at the hospital with her and my phone was off the whole night.” 

Kris’ grandfather straighten up. “I’m sorry Kris for doubting you, but next time tell me where you are.” Kris nodded with his head while looking down. “Are you feeling better Jinae?” Mr. Wu, was now staring at you. You looked at Mr. Wu, confused at what he was asking you.

“Yes, Sir.” You quickly answered.

“I’m glad to know your better, and that Kris cares for you.” He gave you a reassuring smile, making you smile back.

“Please excuse us grandfather. I think it best if she goes home and rest.” Kris got up and dragged you out of the office. You couldn’t tell if he was angry with you. The people passing by, watched as he grabbed onto your wrist. Finally when you where outside Kris let go of you and walked a block away from his company.

“Thanks.” Was all Kris said.

“What?” Your head quickly went up.

“Thanks for saving me back there. But you didn’t have to interfere.” Kris still wasn’t looking at you.

“I should be the one thanking you, not you.” You answered.

“For what?” Kris was confused.

“For saving us from debt.” You answered back.

“Oh right. I never knew you could lie like that.” Kris said laughing. It was the first time you saw him smiling and laughing like that. “Thanks.” He ruffled your hair. 

You started to blush and pushed his hands away. “You’re welcome.” You shyly replied.

“Come on I’ll take you home.” He said stopping a taxi. You didn’t say anything and just followed him.

~

“Is your grandfather going to get mad for not coming home last night?” Kris asked.

“I don’t think so.” You said walking towards your house. You noticed a tall figure knocking on your door. You couldn’t distinguished who it was. When the tall young man turned to you, you noticed that it was Chanyeol. A smile formed on your face and you run towards him, leaving Kris behind. “Chanyeol, your back.” You said excitingly.

“I see that you are doing well.” Chanyeol pinched your cheeks.

“Yeah.” You replied. “Your not angry at me for not telling you early are you?” You tried seeing how he would respond.

He stared at Kris, giving him a glare and smiled back at you. “Why would I? We’re best friends, right?”

“Good cause I thought you wouldn’t talk to me.” You replied.

“Let’s go eat.” Chanyeol asked. You realized that you needed to get changed clothes. “Wait, I need to go change first.” You hurried to go change leaving Kris and Chanyeol behind.

~

“I think its better if you leave after your done eating.” Kris glared at him.

Chanyeol had a smile on his face. “Why should I leave, if I don’t want to?”

Kris was starting to get pissed. “Did you forget she’s my fiancée?”

Chanyeol put his hands on his pocket. “You don’t even like her, your just marrying her because your Grandfather told you to.”

“How do you know that?” Kris was shocked. 

“I have my people, like you have yours.” Chanyeol grinned at Kris. “You don’t want any of your information to get leaked to the media before your wedding, don’t you.”

The slam of the door made them stop fighting. “Are you ready?” Chanyeol asked smiling.

“Yeah, let’s go.” You said leading the way. Kris stood their watching you leave with Chanyeol.

“Ya!” Kris yelled.

“What?” You answered confused.

“Did you forget something?” Kris placed his hands on his waist.

“I’ll see you later.” You replied.

~

“I’m really happy you came back.” You place a mouthful of food into your mouth.

Chanyeol placed his chopsticks on the table and stared at his food. He didn’t say much. “You, are?” You nodded.

“I brought you here cause I want to tell you something.” He had a worried look on his face.

“What is it?” You stared at him worried.

“I have to go to the States with my dad for a while.” He stared at you, trying to read your expression.

“Why?” You said putting down your spoon.

He thought of a way to explain everything. “My dad needs to get surgery there.”

“I’m sorry Chanyeol.” You didn’t know what else to say.

“No, its okay. My father finally decided to come looking for me, just because his sick and feels lonely.” There was a hint of sadness.

“I’m sure your father has always loved you but never knew how to approach you.” You picked your spoon up again.

“Yeah I also think that.” Chanyeol smiled at you. “The guy you were with, is he the one your going to marrying?”

You kept eating, “Yup, its him.”

“Congrats! Sorry for running away that day. I was just mad that you didn’t trust me.” Chanyeol voice was strange.

“I’m also sorry that I didn’t tell you earlier but I couldn’t find a way to tell you.” You bit your lower lip.

“You had your reasons, right.” Chanyeol looked at you. You nodded your head.

Chanyeol let out a sighed, “Let’s finish our food before it gets cold.” He said digging in.

~

“Thank you for walking me back.” Chanyeol and you slowly walked towards your house. Chanyeol walked beside you kicking a small pebble around. The November night was cold, with a few chilly nights. “I never asked you, when you are leaving?” The silent between you and him was relaxing.

“I’m leaving tonight.” Chanyeol was still kicking the small pebble.

Your eyes got wide. “What?”

“I’m sorry, that I told you today.” He scratched his head. “I didn’t know how to break the news to you.” You tired processing all that was going on.

“So your leaving tonight and won’t come back for some time.”

“Yes.” He nodded his head. “I was going to tell you earlier but I thought that you were mad at me for running away from you. So, I didn’t know how to approach you.”

“You should have told me earlier.” You looked straight ahead.

“That’s what Sehun kept telling me but to tell you the truth I was scared to tell you.” He stop right in front of your house. “Now I understand why you kept get your engagement a secret.”

You kept looking at the ground.

“Well, I have to go. My father is probably waiting for me.” Chanyeol got closer to you and kissed you on the forehead before walking away. Kris who was waiting for you inside his car and saw Chanyeol kissing you on the forehear.

He stepped out of his car quickly. “What the hell was that?” He shocked you. You were still processing everything. When it finally hit you, you pushed Kris out of your way and ran to catch up to Chanyeol. “Hey, where are you going know?” Kris stared at you and tried catching up. 

“Chanyeol!” You yelled. He stopped and turned looking at you.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, please don’t be mad at me. I really wanted to tell you but I couldn’t find a way. Please don’t hate me.” Tears were falling. “You are always going to be my best friend, ever since that day you defended me from getting bullied. And you were the only one that talked to me in high school, while I didn’t have any friends.”

Chanyeol walked closed to you. “Idiot, I’m not mad at you. I’ll be back, and don’t cry because I’ll always be your best friend.” Chanyeol waved at you as he got inside the taxi. You waved backed at him, “Please be safe.” You watched as the car pulled off and disappeared. “Hey you, its cold your going to get sick.” Kris placed his jacket on you. You slowly walked away, “Why does everyone leave me?” You asked Kris on your way home.

“What?” Kris was confused.

“Why does everyone I’m close to leave me?” You looked at Kris.

Kris stared at you trying to think of something nice to say to you. “They will come back.” He answered. Kris stopped and grabbed your wrist bring you closer to him. He embraced you into a hug. “I won’t leave you, I promise.” You were in shock at what Kris was doing but at the some exact time you didn’t fell lonely anymore. Kris whipping your tears away as they still kept falling down. "Idoit don't cry. You look prettier when you smile."

 


Updated, yeah!!!! Okay so I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I'm working on another one and I will update my other stories also. I'm going to be busy this week updating. I'm also leaving for Disneyland on Friday and won't come back until Sunday, so I want to update before I leave.

A little hint on what might come in the future:

**Chanyeol has another secret, what do you guys think it is? :3**