Time

Married to a Stranger

Right after the meeting was over, Kris hurried and grabbed his coat from his office. He checked his watch, as he packed his stuff. “6:00 PM. I think I could make it home before 7 ‘o'clock.” He grinned to himself, not noticing that Sera was standing by the door. His smile soon fainted into a small frown.

“What do you want now?” Kris tone was annoyed.

Sera straightened up and looked at Kris in the eyes. “I told you I have a small surprise for you, before heading home.”

Kris pushed Sera aside, making her loose her balance. She quickly grabbed onto Kris arm. “I’m only doing this for your own good.” 

Kris looked at Sera’s hand and than back at her. “Fine but this better not be one of your stupid jokes again. I don’t have time to be fooling around.”

Sera bit her lip, as she smiled at Kris. “It's not.”

Kris led the way, not waiting for Sera at all. He kept checking his watch and counting the minutes before 7 o’clock. 

Sera noticed and started to get annoyed. *Just wait and see Kris, you’ll be mine once again.*

Kris felt the prances of Sera watching him and straightened up. Sera dropped her gaze and looked away grinning.

~

You looked at the clock on the wall. “I think I should leave before Kris comes home.” You stopped on last time by the mirror, making sure that you looked decent. Something inside you kept stopping you from meeting Lay. You shook your head, and grabbed your bag. You didn’t even bother asking the drive to take you, you instead called a taxi to come pick you up. 

One of the maid stopped you as she notice you heading out the door. “Miss, would you like to take the driver instead?”

You felt guilty inside as she talked to you. You cleared you throat and made sure to talk as normal as possible. “No, I’m fine. If Kris ask for me, please tell him I’ll be back any minute.” Before the maid could stop you again, you hurried off.

You checked to see if your eyes didn’t looked puffy at all. You didn’t want Lay to notice that you been crying all day. *Stupid Kris, why did I even cried like a loser for you. It's just a dumb necklace for Sera anyways. I don’t even care no more.*

~

“Do you have everything set up...Yes, it's where I told you...I don’t want any mistakes. You hear me...Just do as what I told you earlier...I’ll talk to you again.” Sera hanged up as Kris drove to where she told him to. Sera pushed her hair back.

Kris tried hearing her conversation but couldn’t hear anything from the loud cars. He knew that it wasn’t a typical phone call and that something was going on.

Sera shoved her phone in her bag and looked out the window. The car ride was quiet, Kris didn’t know what to say. He took one more glaze at his watch, when the light turned red.

“What if something happened to Jinae? Would you take me back?” Sera broke the silence.

Kris looked at the street again, when he heard Sera say that. “Don’t you dare think about hurting her or I will destroy you myself.” 

“So you do like her?” Sera raised her eyebrow.

Kris stuttered, “I told you to be quiet didn’t I.”

Sera gave him a weird look, “I’m just asking a question.” Kris tapped his fingers on the steering wheel and didn’t reply.

“I’ll at least shut my mouth, if that’s what you want.” Sera looked at him.

“Just tell me if I’m heading the right way.” Kris said annoyed.

“I’ll tell you if your not but for now just drive straight.”

~

You walked to the shopping centre. “I guess I’m still early.” You looked around to see if Lay was already waiting for you. You sat down by the water fountain and looked around. It was a peaceful evening, with couples holding hands and smiling together. You took one huge sigh and looked down at the ground. The sight of seeing couples happy, made you nauseas.

*I knew that I shouldn’t have come this early.* You looked around and pouted. Time seemed to be going by really slow as you watched people walking by you and enjoying themselves.

*Kris should be heading home any minute and getting mad that I broke his engagement.* Your mind was running wild as you paid less attention to your surroundings.

Time was approaching slower each minute, as you waited for Lay. You knew that if you looked at the time, you would only get disappointed. Curiosity was only eating you alive, as you fought the urge to look at your phone. 

You watched as one couple walked together hold hands and laughing happily. You stared at them until they disappeared from your sight. You dropped your head, wishing for Lay to arrive already.

 

“What is a pretty lady like you doing all alone at this time of day?” You heard a voice say next to you, as they sat next to you.

You felt creeped out by their remark. You quickly turned to face the person. Lay was sitting next to you smiling to himself. You smiled at yourself in embarrassment. 

“I’m still waiting for your reply.” Lay asked, when he got no answer.

You gave him a small smile. “Sorry, I was day dreaming.”

“Uh, so now my date day dreams while I’m left hanging on a question.” Lay sarcastically said.

“No, it isn’t like that.” You quickly tried clear up the misunderstanding.

“You’re so gullible.” Lay broke off into a laugh. You quickly started laughing with him, hiding your embarrassment.

“Did you wait long?” Lay looked around.

You shook your head. “I barely showed up.”

“Mhmm.” Lay said to himself. “Oh before I forget, I bought you a rose.” Lay pulled out a red rose from behind his back and hold it up towards you.

You were shocked, and you didn’t know what to do. You looked at the rose and than at Lay. Lay smiled towards you and extended the rose to you.

You slowly took it and smiled shyly to yourself. “I don’t know what to say, thank you. It's very pretty.”

Lay bit his lip and nodded shyly. “You’re welcome. I saw it and thought about you.”

“Ugh.” You looked at him seriously.

“You heard me.” Lay playfully said.

You knew that you needed to tell him about Kris before it become more of a problem. “Lay I have to tell you something.”

Lay quickly turned his attention towards you. “What is it?”

“I need to tell you that I’m m-married.” The words come out of your mouth without thinking.

Lay straightened up. “I already knew that.”

“W-what?” You were more shocked then him.

“The time I meet you for the first time, I was at the airport with my manager and I saw you holding hands with that one tall guy when both of you were about to board the plane. At first, I thought it was your brother but than my manager told me that his grandfather is really wealthy and recently married you.” Lay explained as he looked at the couples walking around and laughing really loud.

“I wanted to tell you but I never knew how.” You started to felt guilty.

“It's okay. I’m sure you had your reasons why you couldn’t tell me. I also didn’t know that you were married because you hardly wear your ring.” Lay looked at your ring finger.

You quickly looked at your hand and hid your finger with your other hand. “Oh.” Was all you could answer.

“I’m sure his a good guy and I bet your really happy that you married him.” Lay played with the water in the fountain. “I’m I right.”

You nodded expressionless, holding back your tears.

“What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?” Lay looked at you, when you didn’t answer.

“Nothing.” You whipped the tears off. 

Lay noticed and started to get more worried. “If nothing is wrong than why are you crying.”

“Haha.” You answered back embarrassed. “Let’s just go to where you wanted to eat.” You quickly got up.

Lay stood up and hold your wrist, making you stop in your tracks. “I know something is wrong and if you don’t feel like telling me it's okay. I understand but you can’t go around like nothing is wrong and smiling. If you want to cry, I’ll be right here waiting for you until your done.”

You couldn’t face Lay because tears were already falling down harder than before. You hold tight to your bag as Lay still hold onto your wrist. His hand was warm and soft making you feel comfortable around him.

“Everything is going to be okay, you have me if you ever feel lonely.” Lay said in a smoothing voice. Lay let go of your wrist and walked closer to you. He wrapped his arms around you and hugged you. You buried your face into his shoulders so that no one could see you cry. Lay slowly patted your head, making you feel less lonely.

“I shouldn’t have married Kris. If I never meet him, my life would be much better.” You softly told Lay.

“Everything is going to workout in the end.” Lay comforted you.

“I just hope it does.” You said sobbing.

~

“Is this the place? And what are we even looking for?” Kris asked looking around confused.

“You will see.” Sera said taking off her seat belt and getting close to Kris.

“All we need to do is find them.” Sera said to herself.

“Find who?” Kris looked at her more confused. Sera looked around trying to see where you were. She finally noticed you, as Lay hold onto your shoulders and said something to you.

“Bingo!” Sera yelped of excitement. “Look over there.” Sera grabbed Kris jaw and slowly moved his head towards the water fountain. It took Kris a while to realize what was going on. Sera looked at Kris expression smiling to herself.

Kris eyes got wide and was raging of anger inside, when he saw Lay still hugging you.

“Told you, that you didn’t want to miss this opportunity. It's even better than what I imagined.” Sera played with Kris hair as she watched him get angry. Kris furiously took off his seat belt and pulled up his sleeves.

“Let’s go Kris.” Sera put back her seat belt. When Kris didn’t reply she knew something wasn’t right. “What are you going to do, let’s just go!?”

Kris got off of the car and slammed the door, making the windows rattle. Sera clapped her hands and laughed by herself as she saw Kris walking towards you and Lay. “This is going to be so good.”

Kris walked up towards Lay and tapped him on the shoulder. When Lay let go off you, Kris punched him hard on the face. Making him fall to the ground. Lay touched his lip and noticed that there was blood. 

“K-kris.” Your eyes were wide as he picked Lay from the collar and punched him again.

“Kris, stop!” You grabbed him from the arms, only to get thrown onto the ground.

“Let go! I am not in the mood for you to be stopping me!” Kris gave you a cold look.

“Kris calm down.” You watched as Lay stood up by himself.

Kris exhaled, and looked around. There were people stopping by and looking to see what was going on.

“Let’s go!” Kris gripped you hard by your wrist and made you stood up. 

You tried pulling away from him but couldn’t. “Kris, you’re hurting me. Please, Stop.”

“Shut up, you little...!” Kris stopped himself from saying something bad.

“Let go of her.” Lay whipped the blood of his lip.

“I never want to see you close to her again, you hear me.” Kris voice was scary.

“Kris, what are you doing?” Sera walked towards him. You looked at Kris who stared at Sera. You finally pulled hard from his grip and released yourself from him. Kris looked at you even more shocked, his expression changed as you released yourself.

You quickly went to check if Lay was okay. “Lay, I am so sorry. Are you alright?” You looked in your bag for you handkerchief.

Lay stopped you from looking in your bag. “Yes, I’m okay its just a small scratch.”

Kris stood watching you, you could feel the weird atmosphere he was projecting. You shot him a look that made him look away. “I think we should go clean your wound, before it gets infected.” You told Lay, ignoring Kris.

“I think its best to go with your husband, since his waiting for.” Lay cleaned the dirt of his pants.

“I don’t care about him, he never really cared for me. So why should I go with him and plus he has someone else that could take care of him.” You pretend Kris wasn’t listening to you.

“Fine, if that’s what you feel. Than I don’t want to see you.” Kris screamed as he walked away from you. Your heart dropped as you saw him walking away. Sera quickly locked arms with Kris and gave you a smile before walking away.

“Guess, they where meant to be.” You said in a soft voice. Seeing the sight of Kris with Sera made you hate Kris even more.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay to see your husband with another girl.” Lay sat down again by the water fountain. 

“Ugh...Yeah, I’m fine. Plus, he was supposed to get married with her before marrying me. You could say I was his second choice when his first plan failed.” You pulled out your handkerchief and started to clean the blood away from Lay. Lay jumped slightly when you press your handkerchief on his cheek. 

“Sorry.” You said each time he jumped up. “Does it hurt?”

“Just a bit.” Lay said giving out a small giggle.

~

“Kris! Are we leaving or what?” Sera hit his arm.

“Ugh...” Kris said still say day dreaming.

“Let’s just go somewhere to go drink.” Sera said.

Kris took a deep breathe. “Can you get off? I want to be alone.”

“What?” Sera raised her voice and looked outside the window.

“You heard me. GET OFF!” Kris yelled.

Sera grabbed her bag aggressively. “Fine but after what I did to you, you should at least thank me.” 

Kris covered his mouth with his hand. “What thank you? If that’s what you want thank you.”

Sera rolled her eyes and got off. “Have fun you jerk. Your going to regret it, I promise you.”

Kris didn’t even look at Sera before driving away.

Sera got her phone out, she waited until the other line picked up. “Did you take the pictures of Jinae and that one guy.”

“Yes, we did.” The man on the other line said.

“Good, I’m coming right now to look at them.” Sera said walking and looking around to see if there was a taxi somewhere.

~

“Whoa! What are you doing here?” Chen asked Kris who walked into the club where they always go to have fun.

“Did something happened to you and Jinae?” Luhan moved over to make room for Kris.

“No.” Kris answered seriously.

“Want some.” Tao hold up a bottle of alcohol. Kris took a cup and Tao poured him some.

“Where’s Kai and Baekhyun?” Kris looked around to see if they had came.

“Oh, they had something important to do today.” Chen said taking a sip of his drink.

“They said if they had time they would stop by.” Tao said.

Kris took a drink of the alcohol in one sip and placed the glass on the table. 

“Something did happen to you, huh?” Luhan watched him closely.

Kris shook his head. “No. I’m just depressed that I have to work in that ty company now.”

“What? Your grandfather finally decided to make you work.” Tao said smiling.

Kris took another sip of his drink. “Yes.”

“I heard from my father that you started to work today. So how was it?” Chen was waiting for Kris to respond.

“It was boring, I sat in an office signing papers.” Kris looked at his drink.

“Sounds like fun.” Chen said sarcastically.

“How’s things going on between Jinae and you?” Luahn curiously asked.

Kris looked at Luhan seriously. “It's going just fine, nothing special. Plus, you know that I was ‘forced’ to marry her so nothing is going right. She’s really annoying, also.”

Luhan nodded. “Mhm, than why are you hanging out with us?”

“Can’t I hang out with you guys?” Kris raised his eyebrow annoyed by his comment.

“I’m fine with it.” Tao said. “Plus, girls are coming over any minute.”

“I think you should be careful, since your married. We don’t want you to get in a scandal.” Chen said playfully.

“Like she cares who I hang out with.”  Kris said laughing.

“Is your grandfather out of the hospital?” Tao changed the subject.

“No, his coming out tomorrow. I have to be there early.” Kris took another sip of his drink.

“Than you shouldn’t be drinking.” Luhan tried taking Kris glass away from him.

“Stop, I need a drink. It's been a tough day.” Kris finished his drink before Luhan could take it away from him.

~

“I’m sorry for what happen today.” You said walking next to Lay.

Lay had his hands inside his pocket. “No, its okay. It barely hurts anymore. Since you helped me get better.”

“I’m glad you feel better and thank you for dinner. It was really good.” You said looking around.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to take you home?” Lay was starting to get worried.

You look down on the ground.  “No, its okay. I don’t want you to get hurt again if Kris is home.”

“Okay than, I should see you off than.” Lay called for a taxi.

“Thank you for today.” You said getting onto the taxi.

Lay nodded shyly. “You’re welcome and good night.” 

“Good night.” You waved at him. Once you couldn’t see him, you started to get worried about Kris. *I bet his really mad. How should I face him now? All I kept thinking off was Kris this whole day.* You closed your eyes and took a deep breathe.

~

“Let me tell you something. Never, never, you hear me. NEVER! Agree on any arrange marriage. You know why?” Kris said tipsy.

“Why?” Chen asked laughing.

“Because you end up falling for that other person. Hahah” Kris pointed to each one of them as he took another drink.

“Kris your drunk.” Luhan said.

“Leave him.” Tao was enjoying seeing Kris drunk.

“What? Me drunk. Pssh, No I am not.” Kris putting his hand on Luhan’s shoulder. “I am still waiting for the girls to show up.”

“You’re married.” Chen said playing around with him.

“No, No. I am not.” Kris kept shaking his head.

“This is why we shouldn’t give him something to drink.” Luhan said to Tao.

Tao shrugged. “But it's funny.”

“Hey, the girls are coming up.” Tao said patting Kris on the leg. Kris opened his eyes. “What? Leave me alone.”

“Just leave him.” Chen said to Tao. Tao nodded and left Kris alone.

~

When you arrived Kris was not home. You checked your phone but there was no messages.

“Has Kris come home?” You asked one of the maids.

“I am sorry but I haven’t heard or seen him at all day.” The maid excuse herself. You went to your room and set down your bag on the chair. *I should call him. No, what I’m I thinking.* You sat on the bed wondering where Kris could be. You quickly got up and looked out the window. It was getting late and he was still not home.

~

“Kris you should go home.” Luhan tapped him on the shoulder.

“No, Jinae is there and she probably hates me right now. I am also mad at her right now. I don’t want to see her today or tomorrow.” Kris said falling back to sleep.

“Why did you do something to hurt her?” Luahn asked.

“No but she did to me.” Kris said annoyed.

“His cute.” One of the girls said looking at Kris. Luhan gave her a dirty look. “Sorry his taken.”

The girl pouted. “Such a shame and his my type.” Luahn ignored her.

“Let go off me, I need to go to the bathroom.” Kris said get up.

The girl watched as Kris got up and went out towards the door. She quickly took a sip of her drink and followed after him.

 

“Hi.” She shyly said when Kris came out of the bathroom. Kris gave her a smile and started walking back to the room. “Wait, I think your really cute.” The girl said. 

Kris stopped in his tracks and turned to face her. “You do, ugh.” The girl nodded. Kris looked around to see if there was anybody around. The girl bit her lips.

“What if we go somewhere else?” Kris said stuttering and getting close to her. The girl agreed quickly and nodded her head. “Okay than let’s go.” He said.

Luhan saw what Kris was doing and quickly interfered. “Sorry but his has to go home. His too drunk.” 

Kris was confused and followed Luhan instead. The girl watch as Luhan took Kris away. 

“I’ll just have too take you home myself.” Luahn said as he called a taxi. “Wait here, I need to call someone fast.” Kris leaned against the wall, trying to balance himself.

 

You heard the phone ringing and quickly answered it. “Hello.”

“Hi, it's Luhan. I just want to say that I am taking Kris home right now and that we will be there in ten minutes.”

You looked at your watched. “Okay thank you for telling me where Kris is. I was getting worried.”

“I’m sure you where. Kris seemed really depressed today.” Luhan said before hanging up the phone. You quickly grabbed your sweater and went outside to see Kris.

 


Hi~ So as you could see I got a new poster and background. YAY! (It looks really pretty....right?)

Any who, I would like to thank goodlynlyn@Sethcouth for the beautiful background and poster.

 

Back to the story, I finally updated. YAY! (No, more of me being lazy >.<) I hope you guys enjoyed it, its also kind of long. Sorry for those who waited forever for me to update. (I’m such a bad writer.) Please make sure to comment or subscribe if you haven’t. (I’m almost close to 200 subscribes. This is shocking to be honest, cause as you know my story is ty... ^^)

 

I am also late in this but Kris is back, his no longer missing. His back with EXO-M. I was getting worried because I was believing all the rumors that were going around. (Bad Me) He also seemed to gain a bit of weight and looks healthy. I’m just glad his doing okay and that nothing bad happened to him.