The Truth Comes Out

Married to a Stranger

You woke up and noticed that Kris was now where to be found. You noticed a bag on the table with a note on the bag. I brought you extra clothes so that you could change. I'll be back later. "He probably ditched me and isn't coming back." You picked the bag and headed to the bathroom to shower. After you were done you headed outside and noticed Kris sitting down. You weren't sure what he was going to do or say. 

"Good morning." You said in a quiet voice. Kris glazed at you and just nodded. *Jerk.* You thought.

"I see the clothes fits you." Kris looked back at his newspaper.

"Yeah." You answered, sitting away from Kris.

"Don't worry about your grandfather I told him that my grandfather invited you to stay over at our house so that you would get used to it." He still didn't look up. "Your grandpa was very relieved about were you where all night."

"Thanks Kris for covering up for me." You said to him.*Why is this jerk acting nice today? Does he feel bad for what happen last night.* "Kris, can you take me home?" Kris got up, "Sure." He said leading the way. The whole car ride no one said a word. He dropped you at your place and you headed inside.

~

Kris drove off to meet his friends after he left you at your place. "Look who finally showed up." Tao said.

Kris gave them a grin. "Shut up, I had to leave Jinae at her house."  He sat down.

"Whoa, did something happen last night?" Baekhyun said laughing. Kris gave him a death glare that made him shut up. "Where's Kai?" Kris said looking for him.

"He still has a bad hang over from last night." Luhan replied. "He never knows his limit." Kris shook his head in disappointment. 

"Does Jinae know about your ex Sera?" Chen asked, looking at him. Kris looked at his glass and didn't say much. "No."

"Does your grandfather know about your past relationship with her? Cause if he finds out his going to be furious." Tao took a sip from his water. Kris didn't say much.

"Can you please stop talking about Sera? I'm tired of hearing her name over and over. I know my grandfather doesn't know about our past relationship and if he finds out his not going to be happy. I don't care if Jinae finds out or not, I'm not interested in her." Kris got up and left.

"I told you guys to not bring her name." Luhan gave each of them a glare. "We were playing around." Chen responded.

~

You heard your phone ringing. "Hello." You answered.

"Hey Jinae, its Chanyeol." Your mood quickly brightened up when you heard his name. "I was wondering if you want to go visit the zoo with me? Sehun had some left over tickets and I don't want them to go to waste. I asked Xiumin and Suho if they wanted to come but they told me they were busy."

"Sure, you know that I love going to the zoo. I don't want them to go to waste either."

"Really? Thank goodness, I thought I was going to go alone." Chanyeol voice raised from excitement.

"I don't want you to go alone." You gave out a small giggle.

"Okay I'll meet you in 30 minutes in front of the zoo." Chanyeol tried calming down.

"Okay see you there." You hanged up. You grabbed your bag and hurried to catch the bus. You finally arrived and noticed Chanyeol waiting for you. You waved your hands so that he would see you. "Chanyeol, did you wait much?" You asked him. He shook his head. "Good, I thought I took forever." You smiled.

"We should go inside." He pulled out your ticket and handed it to you. "Thank you." You said hurrying inside. You were so excited to be at the zoo, you always wanted to come but never had the time.

"Where do you want to go?" Chanyeol looked at the map. "I want to go here you." You said pointing at the pandas.

"Okay then the pandas it is." He said closing the map and hurrying towards the area. You felt like a little kid running towards the panda area.

 

Chanyeol's POV

I was really excited that Sehun couldn't make it today. I kind of lied to Jinae about how Xiumin and Suho couldn’t make it. I know they would have said yes if I had asked them. But today I wanted to spent the day with her. It feels like I haven't seen her in forever and all I want is to see her smile again. We been together since we were little kids and we spend almost every minute together but lately she's seemed kind of depressed and distant. I tried asking her what was going on but she always seemed to change the topic. Its better if she tells me when the time is right. I was nervous when I called her because I didn't know what she was going to say. When I heard 'yes', I was thrilled. Hopefully she could forget whatever is bothering her and enjoy her time at the zoo. When she lend closer to see the map, my heart started to thump faster each minute. I really want to tell her how I feel but I don’t have the courage to tell her. Also, I don’t want to ruin our friendship. I’ll tell her my feels soon.

 

Your POV

“Look Chanyeol this penguin reminds me of you for some reason.” You said pointing to a random penguin.

“No it doesn’t.” He started cracking up. “This one looks like you, look its bullying the other penguins around.” 

You smack him lightly on the arm. “I have never bullied you.”

“You’re hitting my arm, bully.” Chanyeol moved away from you. “Stop.” You said joking around. He started running away from you when you weren’t paying attention. 

“Hey, lets go to the giraffe section.” You stopped talking when you noticed that we wasn’t next to you. You looked around and couldn’t spot him no where. *Where did he went?* You thought while trying to find him.

“Boo!~” Someone said behind you that made you jump a bit. “You’re such a kid Chanyeol and don’t scare me like that.” You pretended to get mad.

Chanyeol scratched his head. “I’m sorry.” 

You just smiled at him. “Let’s go see the giraffes.” You said leading the way. He hurried to catch up with you. “Chanyeol your really tall like a giraffe.” You leaned on the fence.

“I’m tall but not that tall.” He gave a small giggle.

“Chanyeol, thank you for bring me to the zoo.” You kept starting at the giraffe. “You’re welcome.”

“Chanyeol, I-I’m...Nevermind.” You couldn’t tell him that you were getting married in 3 weeks. You bit you lip. *This is not the right time.* Chanyeol gave you a confused look but didn’t ask what you were going to say. Both of you were silent and didn’t say much. You were lost in your thoughts, wondering when you were going to tell him. It started to drizzle. Chanyeol sticked his hand out to see if it was really drizzling. “I guess its going to rain, we should head back before it starts raining harder.” You nodded your head in agreement.

“We didn’t even have time to see the other animals.” You were kind of disappointed.

“Let’s come next time.” Chanyeol replied. You formed a smile and nodded your head. “Okay let’s come next time when its sunny but not hot.” 

The bus dropped Chanyeol and you a block away from your house. “I’ll walk you home.”  Chanyeol followed you. “Don’t you have work today?” You asked. He shook his head. "Not today."

 

Kris POV

*, what is taking her forever.* Kris kept looking at his cellphone for the time. “Its been a freaking hour since I been sitting inside this car and she doesn’t come.” Kris moved his head back, so that it rested on the car seat. He was starting to get annoyed. He finally spotted you with Chanyeol. “Who, that hell is that guy?” Kris squinted his eyes, to have a better look at him. *This is going to be interesting.* He said opening the door of his car and stepping out. 

~

Your face went pale when you saw Kris step out of the car. “What’s wrong?” Chanyeol looked at you worried. “Nothing, I forgot I need to buy something at the store.” You tired getting Chanyeol away from Kris but it was already to late. 

“Jinae, what took you so long?” Kris walked closer to you with the biggest smile on his face. You couldn’t talk from being in shock. *If Kris tells Chanyeol that were getting married. I’m going to be in trouble.* 

“Do you know him?” Chanyeol looked at you and Kris. You shook your head without thinking. You knew that Kris was up to something and it wasn’t going to be pretty.

“I can’t believe your ignoring your fiancé.” Kris pretended that Chanyeol wasn’t there. When you heard fiancé that’s when couldn’t look at Chanyeol. You closed your eyes. *This is all a dream.* You kept repeating over and over in your head.

“I think you have the wrong person.” Chanyeol couldn’t believe it either. Kris looked at him. “Ha no, I’m pretty sure that’s the person I’m supposed to get married to in a few weeks.”

“Is it true?” Chanyeol was now starting at you. “Come on Jinae, tell him were engaged and getting married soon.” Kris cut off Chanyeol from talking. Now both Kris and Chanyeol were starting at you. *I wish I could disappear, stupid Kris for opening his mouth.* 

You couldn’t lie anymore. “I’m sorry Chanyeol but its true I’m getting married to him.” You dropped your head and stared at the ground. 

“What?” Chanyeol replied back, not believing what he heard.

“Its true.” Kris placed his hand on Chanyeol shoulder but Chanyeol pushed Kris hand away.

“Why didn’t you tell me, I thought we were friends.” Chanyeol voice started to get angry.

“I wanted to tell you but I couldn’t find the right time.” Your eyes were starting to get watery.

“You know what, I guess its best if we stop being friends. Right now you lied that you didn’t know him and now your telling me that your getting married to him. I don’t want a lair as a friend. I trusted you all this time and you couldn’t tell me that you were getting married with this bastard. I thought we promised each other that there weren’t going to be secrets between us.” Chanyeol voice was starting to get shaky. 

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol.” You stared at him. He ignored you and walked away from you not saying anything.

“Wait, Chanyeol.” You tried going after him but Kris grabbed you from the wrist. “Let go!” You yelled at Kris.

“I’m not letting you go.” Kris grip got tighter. You stared at Chanyeol who started to disappear slowly. “Are you happy, Kris? You just destroyed our friendship, you bastard. He was the only friend that I trusted and you had to ruin it. "I HATE YOU!” You wanted to slap Kris. 

“Well, I’m sorry I thought he knew. I didn’t mean to ruin your friendship with him.” Kris eyes really meant it but his voice showed that he didn't care. 

“Stupid, this was your plan all along. Why, did you have to come and ruin my day?” 

“Fine than I’m leaving.” Kris let go off you. 

“I never want to see you again, bastard.” You yelled at him as Kris walked backed to his car.

It started to rain really hard and you stood there staring at the direction that Chanyeol walked away. Kris drove past you and stared at you. You pretended to ignore him as he drove by. When Kris was out of you sight you hurried to catch up with Chanyeol. You started to run and see if Chanyeol was near by. You looked everywhere but you couldn’t find him. You hurried to his house and knocked on the door. No one answered so you decided to call his cellphone. *Please pick up.* You tapped your feet on the ground. Every call directed you to a voice message. You noticed that it was getting dark and you were soaking wet.

You spotted Sehun walking towards your direction. “Sehun, have you seen Chanyeol?” 

He gave you a funny look. “No. Why?”

“I need to talk with him.” It finally hit you that you were soaking wet.

“I’m sorry. You should go home your soaking wet. Your going to catch a cold.” Sehun hurried off. “Here take this umbrella and I’ll call you if I see him. He came back to hand you the umbrella.

“Thank you.” You took it and hurried home. *Stupid kris, ruining everything.* You thought. As you were walking home, you noticed a car that looked exactly like Kris parked on the other side of the road. You couldn't see if it was really Kris or another person in it. You just kept walking and searching for Chanyeol.

~

You took off your shoes and hurried to get changed to dry clothes. You heard a knock at the door and hurried to open it. "I'm coming." You yelled. You open the door and realized it was Kris. Your smile slowly disappeared into a frown. You tried closing the door but he stopped it with his feet. "What do you want?" You said expression less. 

"Stupid, why were you outside in the rain?” Kris asked angrily.

“None of your business.” You rolled your eyes. “What do you want now? I thought I told you, that I didn’t want to see you.”

“I came to give you this.” He pulled out a small black box with a ribbon attached to it.

“I don’t want it.” You said looking at the small box. “Fine than I’ll take it back to my grandfather and tell him the wedding is off.” He threaten you.

“What is it?” You were kind of curious.

“Stupid, its the engagement ring.” Kris handed you the box. You took the box and open it. The ring had a huge diamond in the middle with little diamonds on the side. You took it out and brought it closer to your face to see if it was real.  *Is this thing real, I only seen rings this big on celebrities.* “How do you know the size of my ring.” You were confused.

“Your grandfather told me your ring size.” Kris responded. “You better wore it, if my grandfather doesn’t see you wearing it, his going to get suspicious.” Kris said walking away.

“I don’t want your ring jerk. Take it back!” You yelled at him remembering what he done earlier. He shrugged and didn’t listen to you. You closed the door and place the box on the table and stared at the ring. You decided to put it on and look at it. *Stupid Kris, I’m not going to wear it but I have to.* You left it on your hand. *Why? Is Kris being nice again. One minute his yelling at me and next minute his being nice. This is driving me crazy.* You said rubbing your head.

 


Sorry for the late update, I been working on this since last week but didn't have time to finish it. I was supposed to finish it yesturday but I ended up seeing Kcon's livestream online. LOL

~

Thanks for subscribing, it would be nice if you guys comment. I love reading all the comments you guys post and it motivates me to write more. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :DDD