Running Away

Married to a Stranger

One of Kris grandfather’s friends wanted to meet Kris and you for breakfast. You picked out a blue sundress and paired it with some high heels. Kris told you that you need to dress better than yesterday because they were important people. You curled your hair and applied a hair bow when you were done fixing your hair. You doubled checked to see that everything looked perfect when you were done with your make up. When you were finished you went back to the living room and waited for Kris. You were getting used to wearing dress, instead of jeans ever since you meet Kris. You even had to go shopping for new clothes and shoes just so that when special occasions occured you had dresses to wear.

Kris came out of his room fixing his watch. You watched him bored, he was wearing dark jeans, with a white shirt and paired with a light blue blazer. For some reason Kris looked really attractive wearing the blue blazer. *What I’m I thinking?* You thought pretending to fix your bangs and humming.

“Are you done?” Kris looked towards you.

Your heart started to beat fast. “Y-yes.” You stuttered a bit.

“Than what are you waiting for?” Kris asked you. You got up and started to walk behind him. “Stand next to me.” Kris stopped, trying to match your speed.

“O-okay.” You softly said.

“We have to pretend we’re close so that they wouldn't suspect a thing.” Kris said. You bit your lower lip and nodded. Your shoulder touched his shoulder, making you blush a bit. *Why I’m I blushing again.* You touched your cheeks.

Kris even hold the door open for you, when you stepped outside to the patio. You felt the cold air hit your face giving you chills all over your arms and legs. *I shouldn't have worn this dress, it's cold outside.* Kris grandfather's friends quickly stood up, when they saw you.

"Jinae this is Mrs. Park and Mr. Park they own a few restaurants around Seoul." Kris held you by the waist to make it look like you guys were close. You jumped a bit when you felt his warm hand press against your waist. 

You politely bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I heard a lot about you from Kris." *Even though Kris today me last minute that we were meeting them.*

"Awe what a sweet young lady." Mrs. Park said looking to her husband. "Kris, you married a really pretty young lady and on top of that she's really nice."

Kris just nodded with that stupid fake look on his face. "I'm sure am one lucky guy." You could hear the sarcastic tone of his voice.

"You two look really good together and you even wore matching colors." Mrs. Park said looking at Kris and you. Kris looked down at you and gave you a fake smile. You were to timid to look up at him, when you felt his gaze on you.

 "Here sweetie come sit next to me." Mrs. Park signaled you to sit next to her. Kris quickly pushed your chair in, which caught you off guard.

"The view is wonderful isn't it. I hope you don't mind sitting outside." Mrs. Park said.

You looked out towards the field and smiled to yourself. "It sure is pretty." 

The wind started to pick up making your hair go in all directions. Kris scooted next to you.

"You guys are really close." Mr. Park fixed his napkin onto his lap.

Kris chuckled to himself, "She's just so cute. That no guy could resist her."

You pinched his cheeks, "Kris stop it your making me blush." Kris grabbed your hand making you scared of what he might do to you. But he wouldn’t hurt you in front of Mrs. and Mr. Park. He just held your hand and set it on top of the table intertwining his fingers into yours.

"Tell us how you two met." Mrs. Park asked ready to hear the story.

Kris look at you and you look at Kris trying to read each other thoughts. Kris cleared his throat."My grandfather and her grandfather knew each other and introduced us. At first we didn't like each other but we started to hang out more and get to know each other better." Kris tightened his gripped as he talked making you twitch a bit. "I guess it was love at first sight and I just had a feeling she was the one. My grandfather allowed us to get married. Which made me feel really thrilled when I heard the news. I proposed to her and here we are all lovey dovey."

Mrs. Park was really amused that you could even see her eyes twinkling. "What an adorable story. How old are you Jinae, you look really young?"

“I’m barely nineteen.” You watched as Mrs. Park face expression changed. “Omo, you married so young.” *It wasn’t my decision.* You also tighten your grip making Kris let go of your hand.

"Well, we should eat before our food gets cold." Mr. Park grabbed a fork and spoon.

There was fruit, yogurt, pancakes, waffles and more food on the table. You slowly started to eat some of the fruit that was on your plate. Kris grabbed his fork and a piece of strawberry. He nudge your arm, "Here open up." He waited for you to open your mouth. You took a bite and smiled to Mrs. Park

You started to get goosebumps all over your arms. Kris noticed your arms and ignored you.

You heard him shuffling around but didn't pay much attention to him. Kris took off his blazer and placed it over your shoulders. You were shock as Kris fixed his blazer onto you. Kris was inches away from your face. You could smell his cologne as he got near you. You started to get red when you meet his gaze.

"You're so troublesome." Kris whispered to you as he backed away. You touched your cheeks and tried to hid your face expression from him. Your heart once again started to beat fast.

You took glances of Kris as he chatted with Mr. Park. *His side profile is really cute.* You didn't noticed that Kris was looking at you as you day dreamed. He blinked his eyes at you making you look away quickly.

"Did you like the food?" Mrs. Parked asked you, saving you from embarrassment. "Yes, ma'am." You answered back while pushing your plate away. 

Mr. Park looked at his watched, "I have a meeting soon, so we will leave first."

Kris quickly stood up, "I'll company you to your car."

"I'll go, also." You interfered.

"You should stay here and wait for Kris. I don't want you to get tired of walking up and down." Mrs. Park fixed her purse. You nodded at her. You gave Kris a death glare as he grinned at you. *Stupid jerk* You sat back down. You watch as Kris walked away with Mr. and Mrs. Park. Kris looked back at you and sticked his tongue out at you. "That's my thing." You pouted to yourself.

"Such nice people they were." You said placing your elbows onto the table. As soon as they were gone you stood up and took Kris' blazer off and throw it on the table. "Take back your stupid blazer, I don't need it." You stomped your foot and walked away annoyed that you had to play all lovey dovey with Kris just to save his .  *Stupid heels.* You took them and tried to balance yourself. The beach wasn't far from were you where so you decided to go have a look at it. "Well, I'm going to go have fun without you, Kris. I'm getting sick of just hanging in the hotel room all day." 

Dark clouds started to form as you walked to the beach. You looked up at the sky, "Should I go back?" A part of you didn't want to go back and see Mr. Jerk face. So you just kept walking straight. You put back your heels when your feet starting to hurt. *I probably look like an idiot walking with heels on the beach.* You noticed people glaring at you. You gave them shy smiles and walked off quickly. You sat down at a bench and tired relaxing for a few minutes.*Just a few more minutes, you could do it Jinae.*

When you arrived at the beach you took off your heels so that you could feel the sand. "I never knew that it would be more peaceful without Kris around." You hurried over to see the water. You sat down on the sand and played around. You were freezing but you managed to ignore it. "Kris probably thinks I'm waiting like an idiot for him but his so wrong." You made a fist while grabbing onto some sand. "See Kris I'm having fun without you."  You felt a light tap as a volley ball rolled over and hit your leg softly. The kids wave their arms, indicating you that it was their ball.

"Noona, throw it over." You heard a small little boy yell at you. You got up and wiped the sand off your dress. *This is going to .* You said trying to kick the ball over. You kicked it with all your might and watched as the ball flew. *Just my luck* You thought as it went to the street. Right at that moment a car passed by and you watched as the ball crushed into the windshield. You cover your mouth while looking at the damaged you had cost. You jumped up and down *I'm busted.* The kids were more scared than you. You run over to see the damaged. You place your hands over your eyes and tried to peek a bit. *I don’t want to see.*

The drive's face was furious when he saw you. "I'm so sorry." You kept bowing.

"How are you going to pay for this?!" He pointed at the windshield.

"Don't worry I'll take care of the damage." You looked to see how bad the damage was.

"You should pay right this moment." He crossed his arms.

You bit your lip, "R-right this moment." You asked worried.

"What don't tell me you don't have money with you?"

You remembered that you left your phone and wallet inside Kris blazer. You smacked yourself on the forehead. *Idiot* "I don't have money with me right now. I mean yes but I left it at the place where I'm staying at." You bit on your thumb thinking of something else.

"How do I know your not lying?" The driver closed the door of the car as if he didn't want someone else to hear the conversation.

"I'm not lying sir." You whined. 

The back door opened and a young man that was shorter than Kris with dark brown hair walked out. He looked really young, he also had sharp features making him look like a celebrity. He walked in front of you, you stepped back leaving room for him to pass by. He looked at the damaged and than at you. You gave him a shy smile. He looked at you up and down trying to remember your face. He looked at the driver and said something in a different language. You stood their awkwardly as he argued with the driver in a different language. You pushed your bangs away from your eyes. *His probably a foreigner.* You watched as they kept argued back and forth. 

"I'm sorry, Miss." The driver said doing a 90 degree bow. You were confused and tried helping him up.

"How much is the cost?" You asked the driver.

The driver hesitated and looked at the young man. "Nothing, miss."

"What nothing? I'll pay for it. Tell him I'll pay for it." You signaled at the young man as you talked. The young man bit his lip, so that he wouldn't laugh at you. The driver just dropped his head. "Uhm. I. Will. Pay. For. The. Damage." You talked slow so that he would understand you. He shook his head at you. You pushed your bangs up and thought of another way to explain it to him. You snapped your fingers when you thought of a way. "Do you have a piece of paper and a pen?" You asked the drive. The driver nodded and went inside the car and pulled out what you asked for. The young man was entertained at what you were going to do. You went towards the car so that you could draw better. You weren't the best drawer so you tried your best. The young man watched over your shoulders as you drew.

When you were done you gave it to him. He gave you a confused look and pointed at the drawing. "M-o-n-e-y." You said slowly. He smiled at you and nodded. When you were done showing him the picture, he still had a blank look on his face. "Aish." You said dropping to the floor and ruffling your hair. "What I'm I going to do?" You wanted to cry.

"Don't worry about it. I told him that I was going to pay for it." The driver's voice was deeper. You looked up and released it wasn't the driver that spoke but the foreigner. 

"What?" You got back up and looked at him. He gave you a smile and talked again. "I will pay for the damage."

Your eyes got wide, making you gasp. "You could talk..."

But he interrupted you. "Yes, I can."

"Omo!" You said still in shock.

"I thought you didn't understood me." You looked at the driver who shrugged his shoulders and walked away also in shock. 

"I was entertained by what you were drawing so I played along." He giggled. You were embarrassed and hid your face away from him.

"I want to die." You pulled on your hair.

"I'm sorry but I thought you were cute when I saw you running to check on the car. Most people run away but you didn't."

"Cute?" You gave him a glare.

"Yes, C-U-T-E." He copied you. You hid your face again.

"I didn't introduce myself I'm Zhang Yixing." He said.

"Oh, your Chinese." You said amazed.

He chuckled at your remark. "Yes, I'm Chinese."

"That explains the language." You were putting the puzzle together. "Did he know?" You looked at the driver.

"No, he didn't." He shook his head.

"Oh! Zhan..." You tried saying his name but couldn't remember how to.

"You could call me Lay, like my friends." He giggled at your attempt to say his name.

"Okay, Lay that's more easier to remember. I'm Jinae." You introduced yourself.

"Oh that's a cute name, its fits your personality." He said.

"My personality is lame." You brush off his complement.

"Your not lame your cute." He answered. 

You shook your head at his remark. "About the damaged..."

"No, I already decided." He cut you off as he pulled his wallet and counted his money. He handed it to the driver.

You pouted and blew on your bangs. "I will pay you back."

He shook his head. "Nope, it's fine."  You gave up midway. "Fine and thank you." He giggled to himself again.

"Are those your brothers?" He said pointing to the little kids who were watching you. You didn't even know that they were still there. You shook your head. "Nope."

"So why did the ball..." He was curious. You cut him off again. "My bad aiming." He bit his lip fighting off the laughter again. He nodded. He went over and grabbed the ball. You watched as he placed it on the ground and perfectly kicked it to them, making the kids run to grab it. "Noona, your boyfriend is the best just like a soccer player." They sticked their thump at you. You shook your head at them and motion them to leave. Lay started laughing when he heard the kids say that. 

"That was amazing." You were even more amazed than the kids. "You don't look like the sport person." You covered you mouth when you heard yourself say that out loud.

He stiffed up, "What?"

"I'm sorry." You said seriously.

"You should have seen your face, you're so adorable." He started laughing again. "Huh?" You had a confuse look on your face.

"I actually do play sports." He answered. "You have time to play on your free time?" You asked. He was know the one giving you a confuse look.

"Aren't you a business man?" You scratched your head. "Why do I look like one?" He looked away. You nodded. He giggled again, "I'm a professional soccer player." He said trying to see your reaction. "Really? That explains the perfect kick." You said.

"Thank you." He answered back. 

The little kids come back, "Noona, can you tell your boyfriend if he could play with us?"

Lay looked at you, "I don't know where they got the idea that you were my boyfriend." The little kids started to beg. "Please." Lay nodded at them. "Yes, the awesome hyung is going to play with us." The kids jumped up and down. Giving each other a high five. They ran back towards the beach, Lay told the drive something. The drive nodded and went inside his car, he put the seat back and closed his eyes. "His been tired, its been a long drive." Lay explained to you.

"Come on let's go play with your little bothers." Lay sarcastically said to you. Lay walked in front of you but stopped when he noticed you in the back. You were used to following Kris from behind that you didn't even noticed that Lay had stopped. He came back and grabbed you from the wrist making you run next to him.

"The pretty noona is on my team." One little boy said fighting with another. "Fine than I get the hyung who is better." The other team said sticking their tongues at them. The one boy that wanted you on his team came up to you. "Noona, come your on my team." He said grabbing you by the hand and dragging you.

Lay let go off you. “Don’t steal my girlfriend, okay.” Lay winked at you as the boy dragged you away. Lay smiled and shrugged to you playfully.

"Hyung, come." The other team said motioning him to come. Lay kneed to talk to the little boys. *Don't know how I'm going to be able to play with a dress on.*

 

Kris Pov

*I walked Mr. and Mrs. Park to the entrance since they had to leave early for a meeting. I was relieved that I ditched Jinae since all she's being doing is nagging but she sure does come in handy when I need her to pretend.* 

Mrs. Park stopped and pulled something from her bag. It was a small black box. "Here give this to your wife. Please tell her that we are sorry that we weren't able to attend the wedding. I wanted to go but we had important business here at Jeju." Kris nodded and received it.

"Take good care of her because she might get snatched any minute by a better guy." Mr. Park patted Kris on the shoulder.

*Like if I would care.* He smiled at Mr. and Mrs. Park. He bowed and watched them as they left. Kris open the box and released that it was a necklace. He grinned to himself and closed it up. He started dialing your phone but was redirected to a voice message. "She's probably mad that I told her that I wasn't going to comeback." Kris took his time walking back, he looked at his wedding ring and sighed. "But she does keep me company when I feel lonely." He said to himself. He grinned to himself as he walked backed. He didn't see you sitting down, so he started walking faster.

When he arrived, he noticed his blazer was on the table. He placed the box down and looked everywhere for you. *Don't tell me she thought I was serious?* Kris started to call you again. Kris thought he heard your phone ring close but ignored it. *Weird* Kris turned around and listened to the ringtone again. He grabbed his blazer and your phone fell down, with your wallet. He picked it up and shook his head. *Idiot.* He put back his blazer and picked up your phone and wallet. "She probably went back to our room." Kris said going to check if you where there. The sky started to get dark and gloomy. Kris hurried inside, just incase it started raining.

He opened the door and looked everywhere for you. "Hey!" Kris yelled but the room was quiet. He released that you weren't there. "Where did she ran off to now?" Kris said putting everything on the table. *Why I'm I even worrying about her?* Kris shook his head trying to think clearly. He got up and headed to look for you everywhere. *When I find her she is died.* Kris slammed the door behind.

 

Jinae Pov

Lay and your team tried to strategize to try to win against each other. Lay came over to your side before the game started. "Hyung, go back to your side, no cheating." The little boy on your team yelled.

Lay smiled and took off his coat that he had on. "Here wear this." Lay said handling it to you. You took it and putted it on, "Thank you." You said. He ran back to his side.

"Okay let's start!" He yelled. You watched as the little boys tired to surf first. *Is Lay even good at volleyball?* You watched him as he warmed up. One little boy on your team got the ball to go to the other side but Lay got it before it hit the ground. He gave each boy a high five.

Your team wasn't fast so you ended up losing. The score was 5-11, making Lay's team in the lead. Before your team could surf it started raining. The boys moms and dads come and picked up their kids when it started drizzling hard. They had a disappointed look on their face, "Bye hyung. Bye noona." They said as they left. You waved at them as you saw them disappear.

It was only Lay and you on the beach. "We should go?" Lay said looking up at the sky. You picked up your shoes and walked next to him. He knocked on the window, making the driver wake up.

"I had fun today, thanks but I have to go." Lay didn't want you to leave just yet.

"I'll buy you dinner, I mean you must be hungry." You bit your lip but your stomach growled at the wrong moment.

"I’ll take that as a yes." Lay smiled at you. He open the door for you and closed it once you were inside. You watched as he ran to the other door to get in. *Kris might be worried. What I'm i even thinking. I bet that stupid jerk isn't even worried about me.*

 


Yesterday I got a bit bored and started writing another chapter. 

Happy New Year!~ A new chapter to start the year.

Comment and Subscribe. I love reading the comments that everyone leaves, it inspires me to write more :3

So everyone was telling me to make Kris jealous so I was like “Hump, who haven’t I include in the story.” I remembered I that I haven’t included my other bias in EXO-M Lay. LOL