Can Time Stop?

Married to a Stranger

“Grandpa! Do I really have to see him today?” You gave him a small pout, hoping that your whines would convince him. Your grandfather continued to read his book as he ignoring you completely.

“Let me remind you again, this arrange marriage is all set. Your getting engaged to Kris whether you like it or not.” He reminded you of the nightmare you were hoping to forget.

“But grandpa! I can't just marry some who I haven't met before, not even once, or loved.” You walked back, and forth brushing your hair back with your fingers. You took a sit across from him, “If my father never runaway and paid his debt, I wouldn't be in this mess!” 

You knew that deep down your grandfather didn't want to marry you off either. “I'm sorry, but I just want the best for you. I know how much you want to marry someone you love, but this marriage is the best for you. Trust me. Please give Kris a chance. His even being kind enough to pay off our debt.”

“Is money all your care for? I would rather work my whole life and pay the debt myself then agree to marry whatever his name is. If I marry him I'm going to be called a gold digger, and I really don't care if his really wealthy or not. I just want to marry someone I love.” You laughed at the thought of marrying a complete stranger.

“Mr. Wu has always thanked me for saving his life. If it wasn’t for me, Mr. Wu would not be alive right now, and we would have lost everything.” You watched as he got up from his chair and walked over to the refrigerator to pour himself some water.

You stared at him in disbelief, “Fine, I’m going to marry him under one condition. If I'm not happy being married to him after three years, I'm able to divorce him.” 

"Okay, and I won't interfere no more in your life."

You got up from where you were sitting, and hugged your grandfather. "I love you."

"I love you too." He responded in surprise. You knew that your grandfather was only doing the best for you, and he wouldn't marry you off to whoever.

 

 Kris' POV

Kris followed his grandfather around not saying much. He watched in discontent as Mr. Wu and the planner arranged everything for tonight. Mr. Wu never stop smiling as we made sure everything was going correctly. “Kris, I'm really proud of you for agreeing on this arrange marriage. She's going to be perfect for you and she's also really beautiful. If I was your age, I would also marry her. HaHa~”

Kris rolled his eyes when his grandfather wasn’t looking, and faked a smile. “I'm positive we'll get along.” *Se Ra, your going to regret not marrying me. I hope this engagement makes your realize of your mistake.* Kris thought to himself.

“I even requested for your favorite dishes to be made tonight.” Mr. Wu enthusiastically told Kris. Kris spotted Se Ra's father and Se Ra walking towards them. Kris' quickly faked another smile towards Se Ra. 

“Congrats Kris!” Se Ra said smiling to Kris and bowing to Mr. Wu. The CEO also bowed to show his congratulations to the them. Kris was starting to get annoyed, and walked away not saying anything.

“Sorry about him, his just nervous for tonight.” Mr. Wu watched as Kris walked away.

“I understand. Who wouldn't be nervous especially since his still young.” Mr. Choi said in a reassuring voice.

“Please excuse me Mr. Wu.” Sera said bowing to Mr. Wu. She hurried off to catch up with him. “Kris, wait."

Kris pretended not to hear her, and continued walking away. Sera grabbed his arm, making him stop. “Kris, why are you being like this?” Kris took a deep breath as he turned his head away from her. “Leave me alone!” He yelled as he pulled his hand away. Sera released his arm and looked at him in shock. 

“Kris! Kris!” Se Ra screamed after him, but he continued to ignore her. "Stupid jerk. Your going to pay for this." Se Ra whispered to herself.

 

Jinae’s (Your) POV

“Why is time going by so fast?” You looked at the clock, hoping for a miracle to happen.

“Jin Ae, what are you doing?” Chanyeol said looking at the clock also.

“Hoping for time to stop.” Chanyeol laughed at your answer. “I’m being serious right now.” You went back to taking care of the store.

“Why?” He sat on the stool next to you, waiting for an answer. 

“I have to run an errand after work, and I don't want to, since I'm already tired.” You said dropping your head onto the table. You felt bad for lying to him. but he would disapprove if you told him the truth.

“Then don’t go, its that simple. You want to go eat at your favorite restaurant instead.” You shook your head, not looking at Chanyeol. “Really.” He answered shocked.

“Maybe next time.” You raised her head, and fixed your bangs. "We could go when I'm not busy."

Chanyeol wanted to continue asking, but stopped when he saw you disappointed. “What if I help you around here?” Your eyes grew wide, “Really? Thank you so much!” Chanyeol nodded. “Chanyeol, your the best. Thank you again.” Chanyeol started to blush. He quickly turned away to hid his expression. You didn't notice, since you got up to help a customer out.

After your long work day, you had to get ready for the engagement party. “Can I walk with you?” Chanyeol said walking next to you. You nodded at him. * I don’t own any dresses, what I’m I supposed to wear now!* You thought to yourself, as she pulled on you hair. Chanyeol just giggled to himself leaving you in your own little world, he founded it amusing.

“I’ll see you later.” You waved at Chanyeol as you opened the door to your house. “Bye.” Chanyeol replied before walking away.

“Grandpa, I’m home.” You placed your bag down on the kitchen table and walked to the living room. “Omo, what are all this people doing here?” You were startled at the people in the living room. 

“Mr. Wu, sent all these people to fix you up for tonight.” Your grandpa pushed you towards the center of the living room. The people started to bow and you bowed also. “Please have a seat Jinae-sshi.” The guy in charge of the dresses said. You did as what he told you. He started going through every dress he had on his rack and placed them over you. You awkwardly stood and looked at them. You never worn a dress before and you felt uncomfortable. “This well look good on you.” The fashionista said, examining you from head to toe. You saw the price tag on the dress and was curious to see the price. “Wow, 33,502,915 won (about 29,995 US dollars)! I can’t offered this, I wouldn’t even be able to pay this much for a dress not even when I die.” You returned the dress to the fashionista. The fashionista giggled at your remark and cleared his throat.

“Don’t worry Mr. Wu already paid for everything. You don’t have to worry about the money.” *This Mr. WU sure is rich as hell.* You looked all over the living room and at the people. The fashionista gave you a reassuring smile. You awkwardly smiled at him. “Next are the shoes, darling.”

“By shoes, you mean heels. Right?” You joked. He nodded and grabbed some 5 in 1/2 inches high heels. “Tada!” He said. You gulped at the sight of the heels. “I can’t walk in heels.” You looked at him scared. “Really? Every girl is supposed to know how to walk in heels.” You imagined herself walking in them but you failed miserably. You covered your face with your hands and shook your head. “Put them on.” The fashionista looked at you. You put them. “I’m scared.” You told the fashionista, as you hold onto him. “Sweetie, all you have to do is pretend your wearing regular shoes.” *That’s easy for you to say.* You thought to herself. “Hurry, you still need to get your makeup done and your hair done.” 

“With this heels its going to take forever to get there.” You hold onto the couch for support. The makeup and hair person started to fix you up. After an hour of makeup and hair, you were done. The fashionista came to take a look at the results “You’re gorgeous. He’s going to fall madly in love when he sees you.” You looked at herself and was shocked at the transformation. Your hair was in a glamours messy hair bun, with some curls on the side. Your makeup wasn’t that much but it still made you feel different. Your makeup matched with your dress, which was a pale pink dress. You got up and the fashionista handed you the dress. Three women followed you to help you put on the dress.

The stuff clapped when you came out with the dress on. “Thank you.”  You bowed at them. “Wait, we are still not finish sweetie.” He hurried over to get some stuff. He hold a pair of earrings, a cute necklace, and a clutch bag. He handed them to the women to put them on for you. “I feel like a princess.” You said when they put on the necklace. “Sweetie, you are a princess.” The fashionista stared at his master piece. “Thank you.” You blushed. The crew started to pack up and leave. You bowed to every one of them as they left.

Your grandfather walked into the room and was amazed at how beautiful you looked. “You look beautiful Jinae.” He gave you a tight hug. “Thank you grandfather. You look different in a suit, also.” You tried fighting off the tears. 

“The car should be arriving soon.” He looked out the window to see if it was there.

 

Kris' POV

“Young master, which tie do you like?” Kris eyed every tie, before picking one up. “Good choice, young master.” His butler replied. Kris looked at himself in the mirror and started fixing his tie. His face showed that he didn’t care for the engagement party at all. All he wanted to do was go party instead.

Grandpa Wu came inside the hotel room. “Kris, you look handsome as always.” Kris frown went into a smile. “Thank you grandpa.” Kris replied. 

“Kris, I sent over a whole crew to get Jinae-ssi ready.” Grandpa Wu took a seat. *Why, are you wasting money on that gold digger.* Kris thought. “That’s great grandpa.” Kris put on his jacket.

“We should hurry and greet the guest who are arriving.” Grandpa Wu waited for Kris to come down with him to the main hotel hall. He followed his grandfather out to the hall and bowed to his guest. “Congrats Kris.” Was all he kept hurrying over and over. It was driving him insane. If he heard one more ‘congrats Kris’ he was going to snap. His grandfather left.

Kris hurried over to the table of champagne and gulped on three full glasses. “Take it easy, oppa.” He heard a voice and realized it was Sera. Her hand traveled to his shoulder but Kris moved away from her. “Why are you like this oppa?” She took a glass of champagne and took sips of it. Still not taking her eyes off Kris. Kris looked at her giving her his face look.  “Leave me alone.” Kris said before leaving her.

 

Jinae's (Your) POV

You had arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Grandpa Wu and his people. You bowed. *So this is the famous Mr. Wu.* You looked at him with a smile.

“You must be Jinae. I only seen your pictures that your grandfather send too me.” You looked at you grandfather who looked away. “Your even more beautiful in person.” 

“Thank you.” You replied back. 

“Its cold out here. Let’s go inside before we make the big announcement.” Mr. Wu escorted you to the private room. 

You were amazed at the luxury hotel. Without thinking you asked. “Mr. Wu, do you own this hotel?” Mr. Wu laughed at your question before nodding. “Don’t call me Mr. Wu, call me grandpa Wu. We’re going to be family soon.” Mr. Wu said. 

“Okay, I’ll call you Grandpa Wu. I pink promise.” You extended your pinky towards Mr. Wu. Mr. Wu giggled and looked at your pinky. “Your supposed to lock your pinky with mine.” You said. Mr. Wu extended his pinky and did what you told him. 

“Jinae, this is not the time.” Your grandfather interfered. 

“It’s okay, I find this amusing.” Mr. Wu giggled. 

“Mr. Choi, please go find Kris and bring him here.” Mr. Wu said in a strict voice. Mr. Choi bowed and hurried out the door. *I’m finally going to meet this Kris person. His probably not that attractive.* You thought to yourself.

 

Kris' POV

“Kris, your grandfather is looking for you. Miss Jinae has arrived.” Mr. Choi said. 

Kris place his glass on the table and bowed to his guest before going to see her. He fixed his tie. *Time to meet the gold digger.* He thought to himself. 

 


I finally got chpater one up. *happy dance*. I hope you guys enjoy it so far. More coming soon!

(p.s. Thank you for subscribing)