The Truth Will Be Revealed

Married to a Stranger

Your grandfather open the door to the house and slightly touched your shoulder bringing you back to your senses “You should go rest.” You gave him a blank look and didn’t respond back to him as if you didn’t hear him. 

You slowly walked to your room feeling lost and empty inside. You could feel that your face was all red from crying.

When you came walking into your room, you had almost forgotten how everything looked like when you lived here. Your bed was still neatly folded from the last time you had slept on it. You effortlessly laid on your bed and snuggled with the closest stuff animal that you could find. Your eyes felt heavy and your head was hurting from crying too much. “Why can’t I forget everything that happened today?” You patted the stuff animal’s head and dug your face into the stuff animal, to make your cries less audible. You didn’t want your grandfather to worry about you anymore.

~

Kris placed his hands over his mouth, “I need to think of something before this whole thing blows up on me.” He got up from where he was sitting and walked around the room trying to figure out something. “What exactly happened last night?” He stopped for a moment and thought about it real hard. “Something most have happened for me to block out and not remember.” He scratched the back of his neck out of frustration. 

Kris was about to step on your ring when he quickly backed away and bended down to pick it up.  He whirled the ring around, trying to examine it and stared at it for a brief second. “Sera, you little , your going to pay for everything that you have done. Just watch.” He clenched his hand into a fist and put the ring in a drawer.

~

Sera sat down on the couch and smiled to her parents who were staring at her in disbelief. “How could you have done that without our permission?” Her dad yelled at her.

“What? All I did was advance a bit.” She couldn’t hold her laughter in any longer and bursted out laughing.

Her mother couldn’t take it anymore and sat down quickly. “I think I’m going to faint any minute.” She fanned herself with her hands dramatically. Sera rolled her eyes at her in annoyance.

Her dad also took a sit and shook his head. “Do you have the slightest idea that I might end up losing my job?”

Sera slightly cocked her head to the right and gave her dad a blank look, showing him that she didn’t care. “That’s never going to happen. Plus, this is my problem not yours and you already hate Mr. Wu. So why do you even care about losing your job?”

Her dad clenched his fist and slammed his hand onto the table that was in front of him. Sera jumped a bit from her seat and pretend like nothing happened.

Mrs. Choi quickly come next to her husband to clam him done. “Honey, come down. You know that if it wasn’t for that stupid girl our plans wouldn’t have been ruined.” 

Mr. Choi pushed his wife out of his way so that he could breathe better. “That’s not the issue here. We are talking about the scandal that Sera has caused.” He gave Sera an annoyed look. Sera just pretended not to hear and tried looking away from her dad.

“This morning, I tried going to see Mr. Wu but he boldly told me to leave or else we was going to fire me.” Mr. Choi’s voice showed a hit of fear. 

Sera got up from her sit pretending that she heard enough. Mrs. Choi got up quickly and took a hold of her hand and cupped Sera’s hand with hers. Sera stared at her mom’s hand and wondered what she was doing.

“We all know that this isn’t your fault but that stupid girls fault so don’t worry about it.” Sera pulled away from her mom and grabbed her bag. “I’m leaving to my apartment, I don’t feel good.” Mrs. Choi touched her forehead and gave her a confuse look. Sera once again pushed her hand away and left her mom disoriented.

“But you don’t have a fever?” Her mom yelled as she tried running up to her.

Sera tried walking fast so her mom wouldn’t catch up with her. “I’m done hearing you guys blab about everything and it’s making my head hurt.” Sera slammed the door behind as her mom tired question her more.

~

“Where do you think you are going?” Kris stopped himself as his grandfather appeared from no where. Kris turned to face him with an annoyed look. “I need to resolve this whole issue.”

Mr. Wu wasn’t convince that Kris was telling the truth and examined him carefully. Kris straightened up and his grandfather eyed him carefully. “You better not be causing anymore problems or else I’m going to send you away.” Kris frowned a bit, “What makes you think that I will cause another problem?”

His grandfather crossed his arms waiting to hear more. “I’m just warning you because you already lost your loves ones.” Kris blinked at him and his expression softened a bit. “You don’t have to worry about me, causing anymore problems.”Kris walked away leaving his grandfather more worried than before.

When he got out of his car, he looked around to see if anyone was following him, before going inside Sera’s apartment complex. When he saw that the coast was clear, he put on his sunglasses and dropped his head so that the people walking around wouldn’t glare at him. He walked quickly and turned around in all directions, checking to see if no one was following him still.

When he saw that people were getting off the elevator, Kris hurried off. 

There wasn’t much people inside so Kris didn’t feel the need to hid his face anymore. He didn’t look around much inside the elevator, incase someone might recognize him but everyone in the elevator seemed busy. When he reached Sera’s floor he looked around suspiciously before heading to her door. He felt a bit relived that this time no one was following him but something didn’t make sense to him. He cocked his head a bit wondering how the person knew where he was going last night and knew the perfect time to take the photos.

He knocked on Sera’s door trying to put everything together. When he noticed that no one was walking around he took of his sunglasses and hold them on his hand. Sera open the door and was shock to see Kris standing outside her door. “What do you want?” Her eyes showed a bit of hatred towards Kris. Kris made his way inside Sera’s apartment, he took off his shoes and threw his glass down. Sera backed away slowly still keeping her eyes on Kris. Kris grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her towards the wall hard. 

Sera aggressively tired pushing Kris away from her but Kris tightened his gripped. “Kris, your hurting me?” She yelled out as she tried again to push him away from her. She quickly shot him a glare. “What the heck did you do to me yesterday? Your behind all of this, aren’t you?” Kris shock Sera hard hoping for her to spill everything. Sera didn’t take her eyes of Kris. “How is this my fault? Your the one who sleep with me.”

Kris rose his eyebrow at Sera. “Your lying. I didn’t even drink that much. What did you do to me yesterday? I know you perfectly.” A frown appeared on Sera’s face. “I didn’t do anything. It’s not my fault your wife doesn’t fulfill your fantasies and you couldn’t resist yourself anymore.” Kris screamed on the top of his lungs, making Sera shut up. “Don’t you dare bring her in into this conversation.”

Sera gave him a smirk, “What are you going to do to me if I bring her up again. By the looks of it everything is over between you guys. Ha, this fake marriage didn’t even last a year. You even cheated on her.” Before she could finish Kris slapped Sera across the face. Sera rubbed her cheek and looked down on the ground in complete silence. Sera still hold onto her cheek and shook her head before staring at Kris. Sera was about to leave but Kris trapped her in his arms, “I’m not done talking to you!” Sera didn’t look at him and continued rubbing her cheek. “But I am.” She mumbled to herself.

“How did those pictures get on the newspaper than?” Kris brought his face closer to hers. Sera continued to frown at him. “How would I know? I was also shock today.” 

Kris examined Sera face but she kept a straight face on. “I’m going to find out the whole truth and if your behind all this you and your family are going to be doomed.” Sera formed a smile at the corner of her lips. “You should have been careful. Plus, I had a great night, yesterday.” Sera whispered in his ear. Kris flinched and moved his head away in disgust. “Well, I don’t remember anything about last night, so it wasn’t all that perfect.”

Sera roll her eyes and pushed Kris away. “Just let me remind you that if I found out that all of this was your plan your done.” Kris backed away from Sera. Sera gave him another devilish smile, “None of this was my plan, your at fault here Kris.” Kris once again trapped Sera. “Your going to pay for all the harm you have done and I’m tired of you interfering in everything. Ever since I meet you my life has been hell!”

“Oh, Kris your so funny. That wasn’t what you told me last night.” Sera flinched when Kris slammed his fist onto the wall hard. She even covered her ears and closed her eyes in fear of what he might do to her. Kris left his fist on the wall for a few minutes. When he flex his fingers blood was smeared all over his knuckles and dripping a bite. Kris just shook his hand and walked away more annoyed. Sera gave out a relive smile and watched him as he put of his shoes and reached down to get his sunglasses. 

Kris slammed the door behind him and didn’t say much to her anymore. 

When he reached the lobby of Sera’s apartment he continued to walking to the closest newspaper stand. As he got there he examined all the papers and grabbed the most popular newspaper. He quickly turned the pages to see if any new information was posted up. He took out some money from his pocket and set it on the stand before hurrying of to his car. “Sir, you gave me a hundred dollar bill.” Kris turned to him and told him to keep the change. The ahjussi creased his eyebrow and gave Kris a warm smile. “Thank you so much sir.” Kris just nodded his head and continued reading the paper. 

When he got inside his car, Kris took off his sunglasses and tossed them to the seat that was next to him. His whole focus was still on the newspaper. He grabbed his phone and looked through his contacts. He scrolled up and down wonder which friend he should call to help him. He paused at Kai’s number and shook his head. “His probably still mad at me.”

He thought about calling Tao but since he was still naive and the youngest, he wouldn’t know what to do. He stopped at Chen’s number but he would probably joke about the whole situation. “It was between Baekhyun or Luhan now.” He leaned his head on the window and looked outside trying to see who would help him. He knew that if he called Luhan, he would get mad at him and Baekhyun would probably not know what to do. His finger hesitantly press on Luhan’s number. Kris closed his eyes when he heard Luhan say hello.

“Hey Luhan, are you still on your business trip with Baekhyun?” Kris took deep breathes in between his words.

“Yeah, why?” Luhan sounded confused.

Kris bit his lower lip and thought about his words carefully. “It’s just that I want you to give me the address of the top newspaper agencies.”

Luhan answered back with a why again. Kris tilted his head to the side. *He probably hasn’t heard the news yet, since he wasn’t screamed at me.* “It’s a long story, I’ll tell you when you comeback home.”

“Okay, I’ll text you the information.” Luhan voice now sounded more concerned.

Kris slightly nodded his head as Luhan talked. “Thank you, I know that I could always count on you.” Before Kris could hangup Luhan quickly asked another question. “Is everything going well?”

Kris squinted his eyes at his question. “Y-yes.” He stuttered. There was a pause and he knew that Luhan was probably figuring out everything that might be going on between Kris.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Luhan said his goodbyes, still not convinced that everything was right.

Kris looked at his phone for the longest time waiting for Luhan’s text. Kris felt that time was going really slow, just waiting for one text. Kris put his phone on his lap and leaned back on his seat. He finally felt his phone vibrating and quickly unlocked his phone to find every major newspaper companies’ address and phone number.

“There’s only one possibility where those pictures might have gone to and evenly gotten disturbed to the others companies.” Kris tried memorizing the companies address and drove there.

When Kris got out of his car, he looked up at the huge building that stood in front of him and squinted as the sun hit his face. He entered the office only to be stopped by a secretary. “I would like to talk to the your editor in chief.” Kris didn’t take of his sunglasses fearing that he might get recognized.

The secretary pushed her glasses back and looked at her computer. Kris looked at her carefully as she searched something in her computer. She looked up at Kris, “I’m sorry but Mr. Kwon is not here at the moment, would you like to leave a message for him.” 

Kris made a fist but slowly released his grip. “No, would you mind telling me his number and also when he might be back.”

The secretary quickly went back to her computer screen. “He will be back tomorrow morning and if you want his business card I could get it for you.” Kris nodded his head at her, “Can I get his business card instead?” The secretary stood up from her desk and left Kris alone in the lobby. Kris looked around trying to see who was coming and entering the office at this time of day. 

The secretary came back after being gone for a few minutes and handed Kris a simple black business card. Kris put it in his pocket and thanked her before going back to his car.

Kris cautiously looked at the card and examined it. “This all has to end fast.” He mumbled to himself. He grabbed his phone and put in the numbers onto his phone.

“Hello.” Kris heard a deep voice on the other line.

“Hello, this is Choi Dongsun and I am the representative from Wu Fan’s Company and I have some quick questions I would like to ask you Mr. Kwon.” Kris lied so that they wouldn’t discover him.

“Yes, Mr. Choi Dongsun, I’m listening.” Mr. Kwon waited patiently on the other line.

“I came to your company today and your secretary told me that you were gone. So I asked her if I could have your business card to ask you personally about some photos you might have received today.”

“Oh you might be calling to find out how we got those photos of Mr. Kris Wu, Mr. Choi” The voice brightly answer back.

Kris rolled his eyes and took a deep breathe. “Yes, that’s why I’m calling.”

“About the photos, we received them this morning anonymously and we were clearly told to post them up today. So we have no idea who send them also.” Kris had forgotten all about his hand bleeding. He creased his eyebrows and shook his hand hoping that the pain would go away.

“Oh I see but that gives you no right to post them up without anybody’s consent.” Kris tried hard not to yell.

Kris could hear him clearing his throat. “Mr. Choi our company is only doing their job like what your company is doing.” Kris took another deep breathe and tried calming himself. “That’s all for now thank you.” 

Kris hanged up and tossed his phone angrily and leaned back. “I guess now I have to ask Luhan for help since he has more knowledge in this type of companies.”

~

“Jinae, you have to eat.” You grandfather patted your back to get you to stand up. You covered your face with a blanket and shook your head. You could hear your grandfather sitting beside your bed. “I don’t want you to get sick.” You continued listening to him, without saying anything back.

“I know this might be hard on you and I’m sorry on agreeing on this marriage. I’m here for you if you want to talk to someone. I’m sure your mom wouldn’t be happy if you skipped your meals.” Your grandfather now sounded worried. You whipped the tears off your eyes.

“I’ll leave you alone for now, I’m sure things are hard when your mother isn’t here. There’s going to be food inside the fridge but don’t skip anymore meals. It’s not healthy to starve.” You grandfather stood up and continue staring at you. You nodded your head at what he told you and tried hard to hold back your tears. 

When you heard the door close you stood up and cried again. You hugged your knees and dropped your head. “Idiot.”

 

After a while you heard yelling at the front door, you slowly got up from your bed and tiptoed to your door. You carefully open the door and peeked your head out and tried listening in.

 


It's too hot where I'm living and the heat just drains my whole energy away. /sigh 

I love comments and make sure to upvote my story if you enjoy reading it. /I'm off to write another chapter/