I'm Sorry

Married to a Stranger

Sera pushed the enveloped towards you. “You could have a look inside if you want.” Sera gave you another evil smile. You stared at her, not saying a word. 

Sera looked out of the window and than back at you annoyed. “Everything is inside like I told you over the phone. Just tell me if you want more money?”

“I don’t want your money.” You said staring at her.

“Than what do you want?!” Sera raised her eyebrow. You looked around the coffee shop and than at the envelope. You grabbed the enveloped and looked at the pictures. You gave out a small effortless laugh and placed the envelope back on the table. “Is this the best you could do?”

“What?” Sera responded annoyed.

“You heard me. So, now your blackmailing me.” You said playing with your drink.

“You know those pictures might mean nothing to us but to the media there worth a lot of money. Those pictures could hurt Mr. Wu’s company. You should have been careful so that we wouldn’t be here.”

“Ha, it doesn’t even look like we’re close.” You took a picture and looked at it carefully. “I’m not scared of you and your little childish games.”

“Well, see about that.” Sera grabbed her phone and started dialing a number. You rolled your eyes at her. You watched as Sera waited for the other line to pick up.

“Hey its me...Do you have everything ready?....I’ll give you the signal so that you could send them to the companies that I told you this morning...” Sera put her sunglasses on and started getting up. “If we are done, than I’ll see you later after the pictures get leaked.”

You looked straight ahead. “Fine, I’ll do whatever you tell me to do but you have to give me every picture that you have.”

Sera turned off her phone and sat down again. “Okay, did you acted all nice to Kris like I told you?” You gave her a small nod.

“Good girl.” Sera said taking off her sunglasses. “I’m sure if you yelled at Kris. You wouldn’t be talking to me right now. And the picture could have been leaked somehow. As for the money I could give you more. What do you think?” Sera took out another enveloped and handed it to you.

You opened it and counted the money inside. “Here, I don’t want your any of your dirty money. I just want the pictures.”

“You little .” Sera said taking the money back and shoved it in her bag.

“Are all the pictures inside?” You looked at the envelope one more time.

“What? Do you think I would lie to you?” Sera’s tone was angrier. You smiled to her. “I didn’t know you were those kind of people.”

Sera raised her eyebrow. “What kind of people are you categorizing me in?”

Without thinking you said what was on your mind. “Those kind of people that would do anything low to get what they want.” Sera quickly got up and slapped you across the face.

“A low life? You got to be kidding me. A nobody like you, calling me a LOW LIFE. Jinjja?!” Sera was still standing up. 

You rubbed your cheek and glared at her. “Than what do you want me to do? Clap, for what you have done!? You know that if you leak those pictures, Mr. Wu won’t sit around and do anything. I’m sure he will figure out that you are behind all of this.” 

Sera once again slapped you across the face. “Shut the up.” 

“I’m sure Kris will also know that this whole plan is yours.” You smiled at her. Sera sat down on her chair and covered her face with her hands. “If we are done here, than I’ll leave.” You grabbed the envelope with the pictures and your bag. Before you walked out, you went back to where Sera was sitting. “Oh I forgot one more thing.”

“What!” Sera screamed at you.

“I forgot all about my juice.” You grabbed the glass of juice and poured it all over Sera. Sera got up quickly and screamed out loud. She tried shaking of the juice off her head. 

“Oops, it slipped.” You place the glass back on the table and started walking off.

“Fine! You win this time but next time I won’t go easy on you. You hear me, you better start packing your bags and leaving Kris alone.” You watched as an employer ran and handed Sera a napkin. You smiled to yourself and walked off. “Well, see about that.” You whispered to yourself. “That’s what you get for slapping me twice.” You quickly walked away from the coffee shop.

~

Sera whipped the juice of her. “Don’t touch me.” She told the employer who was still helping her. The employer not knowing what to do went back to his job. Sera grabbed her stuff and hurried off to her car. She tried hiding her face, as the people stared at her and whispered among themselves. 

“Stupid wench is going to pay for what she did today. First declining my offer and now embarrassing me. Ugh!” Sera throw her bag in her car and slammed the door. She quickly got her phone out and started dialing to her mom.

“What? Did the plan work?” Her mom asked cheerfully.

“What do you think?” Sera yelled.

Her mom thought about it. “That’s a no. Right?”

“Yes, mom that’s a no!” Sera whipped her tears.

“What happened to you, you sound really mad.” Her mom asked.

Sera moved her phone to her left ear. “That stupid girl dumped juice on me in front of all those people who where in the coffee shop. Does she not know who I am?”

Sera’s mom tried processing everything she was telling her. “I see, so that poor stupid girl won’t give up that quick. We need another plan and fast.”

“No, duh mom.” Sera pushed her hair back.

“Mommy, will think of something. Don’t worry dear.” Her mom said.

Sera bit her lip. “Please hurry, before I lose my patience.”

“Just wait.” Her mom said calmly.

“I can’t wait anymore. I am going to go insane any minute.” She was at the verge of tears again.

“Just go to your apartment to clean up.” Her mom said hanging up.

~

You looked at the windows of your grandfather’s house and noticed that they were still pitch black.  “I guess my grandfather is still not back from his trip.” You fixed your bag and started looking for the spare keys. “Where was the last time he hid the keys?” You thought as you lifted a flower pot after flower pot. After searching for a few minutes you found them inside a flower pot.

“Found you.” A smile came on your face and quickly ran to open the door. You looked around to make sure he wasn’t home.

“How I miss being home, like old times.” You throw your bag on the couch and sat down. You closed your eyes and wished that all of this was just a bad dream but once you open them you felt that nothing had changed

 

“Maybe I should call her, since its almost dark outside.” Kris walked back and forth looking at his phone. “No, I shouldn’t. What is wrong with me today?” Finally he got the courage to dial your number but put his phone down. “What the hell I’m I even doing?” He gave out an effortless laugh.

Just than his grandfather walked in, Kris quickly looked at him. “Is something wrong? You shouldn’t be up?”

His grandfather motioned him that everything was fine. “I’m fine. I just want to let you know that we will be meeting some important people in a couple of day. I just want you to be prepare. This business deal is really important for our company.”

Kris nodded his head. “Don’t worry, I been reading all the papers you have handed me. I know how much this project means to you and our company.”

“I’m sure you do. You and Jinae should go out today and have a nice meal. Where is she, it seems really quite and depressing without her?” Mr. Wu looked around.

“She went to her grandfather’s house to tidy things up before he arrives from his trip.” Kris added quickly. “And, are you not hungry?” Kris was starting to get worried.

Mr. Wu nodded his head lightly. “I just had a small snack a while ago and now I am full. Oh no wonder its so quiet. You should go help her out.”

Kris grinned to himself and nodded quickly. “Maybe I should. You should go to rest and don’t worry about us we’ll be alright.” Mr. Wu felt a bit more relieved and walked back to his room.

Kris quickly grabbed his coat and car key and drove to an expensive restaurant to get some food. He even stopped at a bakery to get some cake.

 

Just as you had finished cleaning the living room your stomach started to growl. You placed your hand on your stomach to stop it from growing. “Shhh!” You said talking to your stomach.

You opened the refrigerator door only to be disappointed that there was nothing inside, only an open water bottle was inside. You closed the door and looked at the clock. “Its getting really late, maybe I should just stop somewhere to eat.” You stopped by the bathroom to fix your hair and makeup. You heard a knock on the door and wondered who could be knocking at this time. You put done your brush down and walked towards the door.

You were in shock when you realized that the person who was knocking was Kris, who held a bag of food. You stared at him waiting for him to speak first. “I just stopped by to see if you had eaten.” Kris waited for you to let him in. 

You shock your head and let him in. “Here, let me help you.” Kris either pretended not to hear or didn’t care what you said because he walked towards the kitchen. You watched as he pulled plate after plate and set them on the table. You took a seat, when your stomach decided to growl again. 

Kris shook his head. “You should have bought something on your way home.”

“I didn’t thought about that until now. Thank you for the food.” You dropped your head so that Kris wouldn’t see you blush.

“Don’t worry about it and just eat.” He handed you a plate of food. You just gave him a small nod. Kris and you ate in silence not saying anything to each other. Just as you reach over to pour more water onto your cup, Kris noticed red marks all over your wrist. 

You had forgotten all about the marks until he spoke up and grabbed your wrist. “Did I do this last night?”

Your eyes widened as he hold your wrist gently. “N-no, I bumped myself on the table today, while cleaning.”

Kris wasn’t convinced about your story. “Show me your other wrist.”

“No, I told you already that I bumped myself hard on the table today.” You pulled away from him.

“Just show me your other wrist or I’ll have to use force on you again. Those don’t look like bruises from hitting yourself.” Kris took a hold of your wrist again. You hesitated a bit and slowly brought your hand over to him. Kris pulled your cardigan sleeve up. Kris eyes widen a bit when he saw more red marks on both of your wrist. 

He stared at your wrist for a long time until he finally spoke. “Tell me what happened.”

You pull both of your sleeves down. “I don’t feel like talking about it.”

“Just tell me what I did!” Kris seemed more angry at himself. You looked at your food, not saying anything.

“Just tell me already!” Kris was getting more mad at himself.

You didn’t know if you should lie or tell him what he did last night, when he was drunk. “Yesterday, when we got in argument, you got really mad at me and grabbed me wrist tightly.” You left out the part that he also grabbed your shoulders tightly also, leaving them bruised. Kris seemed disgusted in himself. 

“Don’t worry about it, it doesn’t even hurt.” You cheerfully said. Kris didn’t even look towards your directions. You watched as he stared out into space.

“I knew that I shouldn’t have gotten drunk yesterday or none of this would have happened” Kris couldn’t even bare looking at you.

You got up and started cleaning the table. “It’s all in the past now, right.”

Kris finally looked at you in the eyes. “How is this all in the past? You don’t even know how I feel right now for hurting you.” Kris stood up and grabbed his coat. You ran up to him. “Where are you going?”

Kris just kept walking. You were freezing as you tried catching up with him “Kris, stop.” 

Kris stopped in his foot steps but didn’t face you. “I’m sorry, Jinae. I keep saying that I won’t hurt you but I keep doing it. I’m terribly sorry.” You walked closer to him and wrapped your arm around his back and leaned your head on his back. Kris’ back was very lean and warm. The warmth from his back made you feel safer. Kris touched your hands and noticed that you were freezing. Kris turned to face you and place both of his hands on your cheeks. “Idiot, its freezing outside.” He gave out a small laugh.

“I know.” You formed a smile. 

“Than you shouldn’t had follow me.” Kris replied back at you. 

“I wanted to cheer you up and to stop you from blaming yourself. I know that it was wrong of you but I shouldn’t have provoked you. So it’s both of our faults.” 

Kris smiled to himself and let go of your cheeks. “Babo, let’s just go inside.” Kris hold onto your hand. Your heart started to beat faster as he slightly tightened his grip.

Kris placed his coat on the couch and noticed you trying to clean up. “I’ll help.”

You chuckled to yourself. “What’s so funny?” Kris asked as he started throwing away the plates.

“Nothing.” You gave out a small laugh.

“Just tell me already, I’m feeling left out you know.” Kris tried thinking about what was making you laugh.

“It’s just weird seeing you clean since you always have people cleaning after you.” You finally admitted to him.

“Just cause I have people cleaning for me doesn’t mean I can’t clean. I am an expert at cleaning.” Kris tried covering up for himself.

“You know that you have to wash those cups with soap?” You watched as he just rinsed them.

“Uh...yes, I know. I was just going to do that.” Kris quickly put soap on the cups. 

You took a cup and showed him how to properly wash them. “See, this is how you do it, Mr. I know how to clean.”

“Fine, than you do it. Since, you are an expert at cleaning.” Kris was embarrassed. 

“I’ll try taking out the cake. Let’s see if I don’t miss that up also.” Kris said sarcastically.

After finishing up, he handed you your piece, you noticed that yours had peach on the cake. You didn’t want to tell him that you disliked peaches, so you placed them aside.

“You don’t like peaches.” Kris stared as you put them aside.

*Great, he caught me.* You nodded your head as you ate a piece of the cake.

“Oh, I didn’t know that.” Kris continued to eat. “We hardly know anything about each other. It’s like we both got I married to complete strangers.”

“I hardly know anything about you also.” You answered back. Kris gave you a nod. “But at least I know that you know how to clean, hate peaches and you used to live with your grandfather.”

“Let’s see what do I know about you...” You thought about it but Kris interfered.

“That you were forced to get married with the handsomest guy in the whole wide world.

You shook your head at him. “What you don’t think that I’m handsome? If I were you I would have been filled with joy.” Kris smiled to himself.

You left out a laugh. “Your really conceited. I was going to say that you are always losing your temper.”

“Conceited and I am not always loosing my temper.” Kris voice rose a bit.

“See, you just got mad.” You laughed out loud. Kris didn’t say anything and continued eating.

 

Kris drove you back to his house, you were to tired that your feet were killing you so you hurried to the bedroom. You changed your clothes and dropped yourself onto the bed. You noticed Kris grabbing a pillow and blanket and laying them on the couch. 

You finally had the courage to ask him. “Are you sleeping on the couch?”

“Yes.” Kris answered back. “Good because I just want this bed all to myself.” You joked around.

“Whatever.” Kris said reading more of the papers his grandfather had handed him. 

*You felt bad, about him over working himself.* “You shouldn’t overwork yourslef.”

“I’m not overworking myself.” Kris didn’t looked up from the papers that were in front of him.

 


I couldn’t upload this yesterday because of a family reunion that I had to go to. Sorry...

I hope you enjoy it, I felt like this chapter was harder to write and I feel like its a bit boring.

P.S. I love reading comments :3