Misunderstandings

Married to a Stranger

Kris wasn’t no where to be found in the morning. It was around ten in the morning when you woke up, and noticed the room quiet. You rubbed your eyes and looked around. 

“That’s right, he left early for work today.” You tried recalling what he had told his grandfather yesterday. You got up and started getting ready.

You heard a knock on the door. “Yes, come in.” You tried seeing if they heard you.

Mari walked in shyly. “Kris, told me to hand you this note.” She handed you a folded pinkish paper. You where confused when Mari handed the paper to you. 

You slowly open the paper and found a messy hand writing. “Come to the office around one, don’t be late or else your dead.” You read out loud, making Mari stop and look at you.

“Did you said something?” Mari looked at you.

You shook your head. “I was reading to myself.”  Mari nodded and closed the door behind.

*What does he want now?* You quickly looked at your outfit, disappointed in what you were wearing, you went back to change. You grabbed a dress and quickly changed in it. You went back to read the paper, and smiled to yourself. You applied make up and made your hair different as usual.

 

You walked slowly into the kitchen, making sure none of the maids were inside because they would stop you from doing what you were going to do. You run to the refrigerator, only to noticed that none of the ingredients that you were looking for were inside. 

You looked every where for a piece of paper to make a list of the stuff you need. “I need spices, okay I got that. No, I don’t think they have that. I should check before leaving.” You looked at the paper satisfied that you had everything you need. You hurried back to your room to grab your bag. Mari was inside your room cleaning up the bed and making sure everything was in order. 

“I’m almost done.” Mari said fixing the pillows.

You nodded, “Are you going to be busy today?”

Mari looked up at you and thought about her schedule today. She shook her head, “Not really. Why, do you need something?” 

“Kind of, I want to know if you will help me go grocery shopping. We have a maid that does that, I could tell her. Just give me the list and she will go later.”

You pouted to yourself. “Well, I really need the ingredients before one.”

“Are you going to make something for Kris?” Mari responded.

You were shocked and shook your head in embarrassment. 

Mari giggled to herself “Okay, I’ll go. Let me just go get dress and tell the main maid that you want me to go with you because its urgent.”

“I will wait for you in the hall.” You said, before Mari disappeared.

 

After a while, Mari met you at the hall. She was dress in more causal clothes. “Sorry that I took forever.” 

“It's fine.” You said to her. The car was already waiting for the two of you at the entrance.

“Kris and you guys look really close together.” Mari broke the silence. You gave her a shy smile, not knowing what to say. *If only she knew.* You thought to yourself.

“I really don’t know much about him, but I know that he seems like a cold person.” Mari said. She covered , knowing that she said to much. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. Kris is cold at times, I even feel like I don’t get him most of the time.” You looked at your phone. 

“We should hurry, so that we could finish in time and go back and cook.” Mari said looking at her watch.

“Do you think the maids will stop me?” You asked concerned.

“Nope, they aren’t going to be in the kitchen until, later. We have plenty of time. I will make up something just incase they stop you. Don’t worry I have it plan out.” Mari reassured you.

The driver dropped the two of you at the store. You quickly grabbed a basket and handed a copy of the ingredients to her. 

“You look for this items and I will look for the rest.” You split up, the ingredients so that both of you could finish in time. Mari nodded and disappeared quickly to look for her ingredients. You looked everywhere for your items and put them in your basket.

~

“Sera, well come and grab the folders when your done signing them.” Mr. Choi excused himself, leaving Kris alone to finish. After a few minutes Sera walked inside, making sure that the door was closed. Kris looked up and ignored her by going back to doing his work. She sat on top of Kris’s desk and pushed the papers away for him.

“What are you doing?” Sera stared at Kris seductively. 

“Can’t you see I need to finish this up.” Kris tried pushing her away by being cold. 

Sera smiled and shrugged. “We should go celebrate, once your finish with your work.”

“I have better things to do after work.” Kris coldly added, not looking away from the papers he was signing.

Sera let out a sigh. “What a shame? I guess you don’t want to go party with me anymore like you used to. The marry life is so boring, right Kris.” Sera tried fixing Kris’ tie. Kris pushed her hand away. 

“Are you going to go celebrate with whatever her name is again?” Sera crossed her legs. 

Kris grabbed the papers and went to go sit down on the couch away from her. Sera stared at him and followed him. Kris ignored her once more. 

“So you are. Ha, I guess you do love the innocent ones.” Sera sat down next to him. “What a shame, Kris?”

“Can you stop talking about her like that!” Kris yelled at her.

“Whoa, clam down.” Sera laughed. “Fine, I’ll leave and leave you alone doing your work. Your coworkers want to go eat at lunch, so you better a least come.” Sera patted Kris on the leg.

Kris looked up at her serious. “I won’t be going if you go.” Sera gave him a deadly look and left. Kris went back to his desk. He dropped his pen down and leaned back oh his chair before continuing his work. He took out his phone out. “Don’t bet late or else.” Kris texted you, before continuing his work.

~

You were already paying when you got a text message. You noticed that it was Kris and quickly opened it to read it. ‘Don’t be late or else.’ *Psh! Does he have to remind me.* You smiled to yourself. 

“Now all we have to do is go home and cook.” Mari interrupted you from your thoughts.

You quickly answered. “Okay.” Mari handed you some bags and quickly went to the car.

 

Back home, you set the groceries back on the counter and started washing the vegetables. Min quickly started cutting them and preparing to cook them. 

“Do you think Kris would like what we’re making him? I mean I don’t even know what he dislikes.” You stirred the food in the pan, so that it wouldn’t burn.

Min looked up from cutting, “I’m sure he will love whatever you make for him. I mean its coming out from you.”

You nodded and murmured to yourself. “I hope.”

“How did you learn to cook?” Mari asked curiously, breaking the calm atmosphere.

You smiled to yourself, and looked away from the pan. “My grandfather taught me, he's the one who showed me how to cook.”

“Wow, daebak.” Mari said amazed. “I’m sure that the maids where nice to let you use your kitchen and let you cook.”

“I wasn’t born in a wealthy family, like Kris.” You replied with a smile.

“I’m so sorry, I thought...” Mari was a bit embarrassed.

“I guess that’s what everyone thinks.” You continued to cook the other foods.

“I mean, someone wealthy people like Miss Sera just act like spoiled brats all the time. I’ll tell you a secret but don’t tell anyone.” Mari looked to see if the coast was clear.

“I pinky promise.” You answered.

“I never really liked Miss Sera. She thinks she’s all high a mighty because her dad works in a really good company. Also because she almost married and dated Kris.” Mari tried whispering.

You accidentally dropped the spoon when you heard about Kris dating her and almost marrying her.

“Are you okay?” Mari came running to see if you got burn.

“Ouch!” You looked at your arm and noticed that the side of your forearm came in contact with the pan, when you tried to catch the spoon.

Mari gasped when see saw your forearm red as a tomato. She grabbed your arm, dragging you to the sink and putting your arm in cold water.

“It’s just a little burn.” You tried calming here done.

Mari nodded, “It might scare if we don’t do anything quick. Wait here, I’ll go get the first aid kit.” Before you could stop her she was gone.

*Why, did I zoned out when I heard that Kris dated Sera. I mean I heard him tell me a dozen time but never zoned out like that.*

Mari interrupt your thoughts, when she came back running.

“I’ll do it. Please help me finish the food before one.” You begged her.

You finally convinced Mari, “I’ll finish up but please treat your arm.”

You turned the faucet off and dried your arm. “Don’t worry about me.”

“How could I not worry? If your the Miss of this house now. I mean, if Kris finds out, all the maids are doom.” Mari sounded really scared, just thinking about it.

“Don’t worry, I’ll tell him that it was my fault. I’ll be back once I get my arm cured.” You left to the living room.

You sat down and started applying the anti-infection cream and wrapping your arm in a white bandage. You looked at the bandage, satisfied at your wrapping and started cleaning up the mess. When you returned to the kitchen, Mari managed to finish every thing and pack the foods up.

“That was quick.” You said to her. 

Mari closed the last container up. “All done.”

“Thank you.” You helped her pack. 

“Is your arm feeling better?” Min looked at the bandage worried.

You gave her a quick nod. “I could barely feel it.” You lied trying to hid the pain away.

 

You walked out of the house with Kris’ lunch and got inside the car. The driver knew where you were going and drove off without having to ask you. It was a few minutes before one, making you less worry about arriving late.

Once, inside the company you asked the secretary for directions to Kris’ office. She told you the floor, before going back to her busy work. You walked to the elevator, many people knew who you were and greeted you, others passed by busy with their day. You hold onto the bag tightly, as you got more nervous. You wear a coat to hid the bandage, so that Kris won’t notice anything wrong with your arm.

~

Sera came back again to Kris office. “Here, I finished all the reports. You could take them to your father.” Kris said releasing a short exhale. 

“I will.” She said taking them.

“Wait before you go, can you go to my car and grab the other reports. There in the back seat, here’s the keys.” Kris tossed her the keys, making Sera miss them. 

She picked them up, unhappy. “Now, I’m your servant?” She cockily answered back.

Kris shot her a dirty look and fixed his tie. “Do you want to get fired or what?” 

Sera rolled her eyes, before leaving his office. 

“Hurry up, I have to turn in the reports by three o’clock.” Kris looked at his watch.

Sera, pretended not to hear him and dashed off without a word. 

Kris looked at his watch again and smiled to himself. *It's almost time. Any minute Jinae will be here.* He pretended to do something, so that he didn’t look like he was waiting for her.

~

You looked around to see if anyone was around, you stopped before knocking on the door. You slightly dropped your hand, not ready to enter. *Why I’m I nervous?* You took one last deep breath before getting the courage to knock.

A knock came from the door, Kris smiled and cleared his throat. “Come in.” He didn’t look up, knowing that it might be you. “You’re late.”

You walked in slowly, with your head down and gripping onto the bag tightly. “Sorry for being a few minutes late.” You said apologizing before, looking up at him. 

Kris was writing something on to a folder and closed it up. He looked up at you, squinting. You weren’t sure what he was thinking or what he was about to say. 

You quickly run to his desk. “Here, I brought you this. So please eat it.” You looked down and bit your lip.

“Uh...” He said startled. Kris open the bag, pulling out the containers slowly. He opened one up and began eating. “Mhmm.” He said taking in a few more mouth falls of food. 

“You don’t have to eat it if you don't like it.” You looked at him eating. 

Kris looked up and smiled, “I love home cook meals.”

You were shock, it was hard to hid your expression but Kris didn’t notice.

“Want some?” Kris asked. You shook your head and walked around his office. His office was enormous, with a few modern decoration that made it look fancy.

“You look pretty today.” Kris said out of now where.

You blushed and pretended not to hear him. “So, how’s your first day going?” You pulled out a book from it's shelve and started reading the title before putting it back in it's place.

“Tiring. I been doing paper work, going to a few meeting, and talking with other works.” Kris sounded exhausted. 

You went back and sat down. “Oh, I’m sure you’ll get used to it.”

“Well, then if you put it that way than I’ll try. You could put your coat over their” Kris responded.

Your cheeks turned hot when you heard that. “I’m fine, I’m kind of cold.” 

“Are you sick?” Kris voice got worried. You shook your head.

A knock came, before the door opened.

“We were wondering if you would want to go out for lunch.” A coworker asked Kris.

Kris shook his head at him. 

The coworker noticed the food on his desk.“I’m sorry. I didn’t know your wife brought you food to eat. Maybe next time you could join us.” The coworker said, feeling sorry.

“Don’t worry, I’ll go eat another day with you guys.” Kris looked at you, trying to see your face expression. You pretended to not hear a thing and remained blank.

~

“Stupid, Kris.” Sera stomped all the way to his car. She kept murmuring to herself, as she looked for his car.

“Idiot, didn’t even tell me where he parked. How I’m I supposed to find his car?” She looked every where. Sera finally found Kris’ car and open the back door. 

“There they are.” She said pulling the folders out and reading to see if it were the correct ones. She noticed a box hidden under the seat and immediately knew that it had a necklace inside it.

“Whoa.” Sera’s eyes sparkled, when she noticed the necklace sparkling at her. She quickly put the papers down and hold the necklace around her neck. She checked on the rear mirror and smiled to herself. 

“This must be worth a fortune.” Sera pushed her curled hair back to get a better look of it. She closed the box and stacked it up on the folders. *Let’s see how he reacts when he sees me wearing this.* Sera giggled to herself, as she closed the door behind.

 

“I have to leave for a meeting in a few minutes and get everything prepared.” Kris stacked the containers and helped you put everything away. “Thank you for the food I really liked it.”

“You’re welcome.” You replied shyly. 

As you were cleaning up, Kris grabbed your burn arm. “I’ll pick you up at seven o’clock tonight. Dress nicely.” Kris tone was sincere.

You tried fighting the pain and looked at him in the eyes, giving him a quick nod.

“Okay, I’ll pick you up once I’m done with work. Bye.” You saw as he grabbed his coat and hurried to prepare for the meeting. He came back, to give you a quick hug. “The food was delicious, thank you.” You stood their confused for a few minutes before he released you and left his office.

You quickly cleaned up, the words he just told you, floated inside your head. You instantly started to blush again.

You walked to the elevator, still blushing.

As the doors open you noticed, Sera was standing there. She flashed a smile and made room for you.

“Did you meet Kris?” Sera looked at the bag.

“Yes.” You responded joyless.

“Mhm.” You heard Sera, as she looked at the floor number. The doors, were reflected so you could see what the other person was doing. You noticed Sera fixing her necklace and smiling.

You took a quick glimpse and noticed that it was the same necklace that you saw in Kris’ car yesterday. You looked down and spotted the box and a bunch of folders that Sera was holding.

“That’s a pretty necklace.” You said, as you tried fighting back the tears.

“Really, I also think it's a pretty necklace. Do you want to know something? Someone who loves me dearly gave it to me this afternoon. I was really surprised because lately his been acting as a jerk.” Sera stopped and shyly smiled to herself.

“I really love him and what makes it better is that he loves me back.” Sera looked at her necklace one last time.

“I was getting jealous because he was ignoring me and fooling around with a foolish girl. But now I’m happy to know the truth.” Sera stopped again. “I’m so sorry that I’m blabbing about my love life.”

As soon as the doors open, you walked out. You didn’t say or turned back to look at Sera.

 

“Foolish Girl.” Sera smile disappeared to a frown. She followed after you trying to be extra careful, so that you wouldn’t spot her.

You sat on a bench and started whipping the tears away. Your phone started ringing, making you quickly whip them and clear your voice.

“Hello.” You said in the most possible normal voice.

“Hi, it's Lay.” Lay said enthusiastically.

“I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you, Lay.” You whipped the last tear.

“I wanted to ask if you will like to go out for diner tonight.” Lay voice paused.

You remembered that you need to go out and eat with Kris but you ignored Kris’ invitation. “I would love to.”

“Really. Do you want me to pick you up?” Lay asked.

“No, can we meet next the shopping centre.” You asked.

“That could do. I’ll meet you there at seven o’clock, than.” Even though you couldn’t see Lay, you knew he was smiling.

“Okay than, seven it is.” You hanged up and hurried home.

~

Sera heard your whole conversation, and thought about her own plan. She hurried back to find Kris’ and hand him his papers.

“Here you go.” Sera smiled at Kris, hoping he would see the necklace she was wearing.

Kris opened the folders and starting reading, when something caught his attention. “What are you doing with that?’ Kris voice rose.

“I thought it was for me, since it was in your car.” Sera pushed her hair back.

“Take it off, NOW!” Kris demanded.

“Psh.” Sera threw the papers down on the table and tried taking it off. “At least help me.” 

“Just take it off before I lose my patients with you.” Kris gave her a deadly look.

Sera took it off and handed it to Kris. Kris ripped it of her hands and put it in the box.

“After work, I have to show you something.” Sera gave him an evil smile.

Kris looked at her, “I don’t have time for what you have planned.”

“Well, I’m sure its going to change everything.” Sera crossed her arms.

Kris left her, as he hurried to his meeting.

 


Hope you guys enjoy it. Please Comment and Subscribe.