Wedding Day

Married to a Stranger

"Miss Jinae, please wake up." The hairstylist begged you.

You tossed to the other side, "Five more minutes." You pushed her away so that you could sleep.

"You have to get ready for your wedding. You don't want to be late." Her begging was almost a cry. You opened your eyes and looked at her.

"Wedding?" You questioned her. She nodded. You gave out a sigh and effortless tried getting up. "Right, wedding." You said with a weak smile.

"Please, hurry." She shook you again to fully wake you up. You effortlessly hurried off to take a shower. When you got out, the rest of the crew was waiting for you. They sat you down and started working on your hair and make up.

"This is the dress you bought?" Hyo asked pulling it from the garment bag.

"Do you like it?" You looked over at him. It took him a while before he responded. You didn't know if the silent treatment was good or bad. "It's beautiful! The dress left me speechless." You shyly smiled to yourself, this was the first time being complimented on your style. Hyo hurried over to get everything ready.

~

"Oh Kris, wake up." Tao said whispering in his ear. Kris didn't even move a bit.

"That's never going to work." Luhan said pushing Tao out of the way.

"Kris, is such a heavy sleeper." Baekhyun added while he looked around his hotel room. Tao nodded and backed away to see how Luhan was going to wake him up. "Hey Baekhyun, can you bring me a glass full of water and ice." Luhan smiled to himself.

Baekhyun hastily run to the bar to get what Luhan asked him to bring. He brought back the glass and was being careful to not drop any water onto the floor.

Tao, was freaking out, "No, Kris is going to flip out. Please don't do it." Out of know where Luhan dumped the cold water onto Kris making him jump up. “Oops, to late for that.” Luhan hid the glass away.

"What the hell?!" Kris whipped the cold water of his face and shirt. Tao, Luhan, and Baekhyun bursted out into laughter.

"See this is the only why to wake him up." Luhan chuckled.

Kris frowned at them. "Why did you dumped cold water on me?"

Baekhyun stopped laughing, "We were only waking you up." Kris was not pleased.

"I was trying to wake you up nicely but you didn't respond." Tao added.

“Why are you guys waking me up so early? It’s only five in the morning.” Kris his phone to check the time. “Well...” Luhan said putting his hand in his pocket. Kris rose his eyebrow, waiting for Luhan to finish his sentence. “It’s your wedding day, isn’t it?” Luhan smiled at him.

Kris looked at them blankly.

“Aren’t you going to get ready?” Tao, asked him as he still had a blank look on his face.

Kris shook his head, “Ha, right.” He said preparing to get ready.

There was a knock on the door and Kris hurried to see who it was. His grandfather stepped inside.

“Good Morning, grandfather.” Kris said as he stepped back. Tao, Luhan, and Baekhyun stopped fooling around and greeted Mr. Wu.

“What brings you here so early?” Kris asked as he pushed the mess out of the room. Mr. Wu took out two plane tickets from his pocket. “Tomorrow morning, you are leaving to Jeju Island with Jinae for a few days.” Mr. Wu handed him the tickets.

“Tomorrow morning?” Kris questioned him. “Yes, is their a problem?” Mr. Wu looked at Kris. Kris shook his head.

“I’ll leave you to get ready. You better not ditch or run away because I will take you off the inherence list. Got it.” Mr. Wu said as he left the room.

Kris nodded, “I won’t, so don’t worry.”

Baekhyun put his hand on his shoulder, “ to be you because you can’t run away this time.” Luahn and Tao followed after Baekhyun.

“Where are you guys going?” Kris asked them. “To get ready.” Tao said following behind.

“Aren’t you guys going to stick around?” Kris said before they were about to leave.

“No.” Baekhyun said playfully but Kris was to slow to realize. “Fine, then.” Kris said throwing the tickets onto the table.

~

Shortly after, you were done Mr. Wu came to greet you. “Good morning, Mr. Wu.” You said getting up quickly.

“I prefer if you would call me grandfather again.” He said smiling.

“Oh sorry.” You quickly added.

“Is everything going well so far?” Mr. Wu looked around to see how things were running.

“Yes.” You responded.

“I’m glad to hear that things so far are going well for you. The car will be waiting at the entrance at seven so you could relax and eat.” Mr. Wu said. You nodded, “Thanks for your help grandfather, I really appreciated it.” 

Mr. Wu was taken back by your kindness. “I’m sorry that I didn’t let you choose anything for your wedding, I hope you understand.”

You played with your fingers, while still looking down at the floor. “Don’t worry about it. I know that there was a reason.”

He nodded and took a deep breath, “I’m sorry I’m kind of busy right now so I’ll let you finish.” You felt out of place that Mr. Wu couldn’t trust you with preparing any of the decorations. But than again your taste wasn’t as sophisticated as his. Most of the things were either prepared by the help of Sera and sometimes Kris, when he felt like it. You didn’t have any saying in anything only the dress and accessories.

“Jinae, are you okay?” Hyo asked as worrying. You gave him a smile. “Sorry, I was daydreaming.”

“Hurry and go eat. You still need to put on the dress.” You nodded in agreement.

 

You turned your head left and right to see if Kris wasn't outside waiting for you. You didn’t want to get yelled by him so early in the morning. When the coast was clear you hurried off.

You spotted Sehun and faintly gave him a smile. “Noona, are you okay?” Sehun asked running to catch up with you.

“Yes. I’m fine.” You lied to Sehun. You didn’t want him to worry about you.

“That Kris guy is such a jerk.” Sehun sticked his tongue out.

“You have no idea.” You rolled your eyes, just thinking of him. “Are you nervous?” Sehun hesitantly asked.

“About what?” You asked confused. “Your wedding with Mr. Jerk.” He responded. “Oh, no. Why would I be nervous to get married to Mr. Jerk?” You bursted out laughing.  “You didn’t get in trouble with your boss yesterday, right.” You remembered that Kris wanted to get Sehun fired.

Sehun shook his head. “Nope.” You felt more relived. “Good.”

“I’m sorry noona but I’m not going to be able to go to your wedding.” Sehun interrupted you.

You knew that if Sehun went, Kris was going to go psycho again like last night and you didn’t want that. “It's okay, I understand.” You were sad that none of your friends nor family were going to go. It was mostly going to be Kris’ friends and Mr. Wu's business friends.

“Hey, newbie. Get back to work!” One of the employers yelled to Sehun. “Sorry, Noona.” Sehun responded. “I have to go. Bye noona.” Sehun waved at you. You waved back. *Great I’m going to feel more alone tonight.* You thought. 

 

After getting some food you headed back to your room. Again you looked right and left to see that Mr. Jerk wasn’t around. When you didn’t see him you ran to your room. You felt somewhat relieved that you didn't see him but that wasn’t going to happen as soon as you walked down the aisle. You knew that you would see his y face at the wedding. Just thinking about him made you want to run away.

You noticed on the table that there was a really cute box decorated with white silvery paper. You picked it up and realized that it was Chanyeol’s gift. *He didn’t break his promise after all.* You smiled to yourself as you open the gift up. “Ugh, what is this?” You said as you released that it was a ballerina music box. 

It brought back memorize of when your mom was still alive. She had a music box that was exactly the same but got lost when you were moving to your grandfather’s house, when she passed away. You remember crying for days at the park alone.

 

[One day a small little boy came up to you, to see if you were okay. You remember shaking your head and whipping your eyes. “Here this will cheer you up.” He handed you a lollipop. You hesitantly received it and stared at it.

“I’m Chanyeol.” He smiled showing off one of his missing front tooth.

“I’m Jinae.” You didn’t smile back. “I haven’t seen you around.” He got on the swing that was next to you.

“I barely moved here.” You looked at your feet. Chanyeol nodded his head and started swinging. “Why are you sad?” He said as he slowed down.

“I lost my mom’s favorite jewelry box when we were moving back to my grandfathers.” You said trying to swing back and forth.

“Just tell your mom to buy you another one.” He said jumping off the swing. You shook your head. He looked at you puzzled.

“My mom died.” You answered. He bit his lip and had a sad look on his face.

“There you are.” Some young woman said out of breath.

Chanyeol looked at her surprised. “Umma.” You stared at him and the woman and slowly started walking away from them.

“Hurry! Or else I’m not going to buying you ice cream.” She said grabbing him from the hand. Chanyeol looked back and noticed you walking away with your head down. “Umma, can I bring my friend, pretty please.” He cutely asked. His mom looked at him and couldn’t say no, she nodded. Chanyeol let go off his mom’s hand and ran to catch up with you.

“Do you want ice cream?” He asked out of breath. You didn’t want to say no and shyly nodded. “Come on my mom is going to buy us some.” He said running back to his mom. You followed after him. Since that day Chanyeol and you became best friends. He would either come to your house or you would go to his to play with him.]

 

Just thinking about that day made you smile to yourself again. “Chanyeol, thank you for remembering.” You softly said to yourself. You put the jewelry box in your luggage and hurried back to get ready. The stylists helped you put on your dress and walked with you to the entrance where the car was waiting for you. They didn’t want to leave you alone because they wanted the dress to be in perfect conditions. *I can’t believe I’m actually marrying that jerk.* You thought looking out the window, you took a deep breath to clam yourself down. *There’s no running back, once I marry him. I could either go to church like nothing ever happened or I could runaway right now. But I can’t run away, or else my grandfather is going to get in trouble.* You were having second thoughts.

~

“Congrats Kris.” Chen and Kai teased Kris.

“Shut up.” Kris gave them a cold look.

“Wow! What's with the attitude?” Chen hit his arm. Kris rolled his eyes.

“You should at least smile.” Luhan tired to make Kris smile but failed while doing so.

Tao and Baekhyun just watched as they picked on Kris. Tao quietly whispered to Baekhyun, “Do you think he’s mad that he can’t marry Sera the witch?”

Baekhyun shrugged and stared at Tao thinking of an answer. “Maybe, he always loved Sera but Sera was just using him and fooling behind his back.”

Tao nodded, “Kris always tried denying everything and telling us that we were making up things because none of us liked her.”

Baekhyun put his hands inside his pocket, “Let’s go and congratulate him or else he might get mad that we are just making fun of him.” Tao nodded and followed behind.

“Kris, congrats.” Baekyun said. “Thanks?” Kris answer was more of a question. “I have to go greet the guest so I will talk to you guys later.” Kris ran before they could start picking on him again.

~

Mr. Wu waited for the car on the main entrance and assisted you to greet some of the the guest. “So this is the one who’s marrying Kris?” One of Mr. Wu’s friends said. You stood there quiet, not knowing what to say. “Yes.” Mr. Wu pretended to cough. 

“I arrive at Seoul and find out she’s the one marrying Kris, I should have not come if I knew.” She crossed her arms. The lady was getting you annoyed but you tried hard to not saying anything impolite.

“Mrs. Choi, please calm down.” Mr. Wu said. *Mrs. Choi? Wait don’t tell me this is...*

"Umma!” Sera said to her mom. *As I thought.* You though to yourself.

“There you are?” Mrs. Choi said looking at Sera.

“Umma, stop it.” Sera told her. Mrs. Choi was not amused.

“You should have called dad or me to pick you up from the airport.” Sera tried changing the topic. “I arrived barely today and didn’t want to worry your dad or you.” She smiled to Sera.

“So how was your trip to Paris?” Sera took her away from you.

“Sorry about that she’s thinks the world revolves around her.” Mr. Wu apologized on her behave.

“I noticed that when she walked into the room.” You gave Mr. Wu a smile.

“Is your grandfather coming?” Mr. Wu looked around.

You shook your head, “He had an emergency to go to.”

“Oh, I see.” Mr. Wu said.

“Then if you are not waiting for anyone let’s go.” He said extending his arm to you. 

~

Kris was already waiting for you on the alter but wasn’t looking at the door. The people turned to look at you as soon as the music started playing. You were getting nervous that all eyes were on you and quickly gave out a nervous smile. Kris still didn’t look at you. *Stupid jerk.* Was all you kept thinking as you walked down the aisle. Kris turned to you once you were next to him and tried to smile.

“Don’t smile because your creeping me out.” You whispered to him.

“Ha, don’t make me laugh. Let’s just get this over with.” Kris came closer to make it look like you guys were close.

“Do you think I’m happy to be marrying you?” You gave him a cold glare.

“No.” He answered. “What are you going to do once we have to kiss?” Kris gave you a smirk. 

“I-I don’t know.” You stuttered.

“Well you better think of something.” Kris looked at you. You looked away thinking of a way to not kiss him. The whole ceremony you thought of a way to avoid the kiss and didn’t noticed that the ceremony was almost over. “Now, you could kiss the Bride.” The Father said looking at Kris.

*Darn it.* You thought to yourself. Kris just gave you a blank stare and looked at the audience that were waiting for the kiss. He got close to you and still had a blank look on his face. You couldn’t back away so you quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek and backed away. Kris still had a blank look on and just shrugged to himself. The audience clapped and started laughing. 

Kris extended his arm to you. “Just play along, the faster you play along the faster this is all done.” Kris whispered. You grabbed onto his arm and followed his lead. “Awe your too cute.” Was all the guest kept telling you.

“You’re not all that cute, I don’t know why people are telling you are.” Kris said. You just rolled your eyes and stayed quiet.

“Congrats.” Kris’s friends said to you.

“Thank you.” You answered.

“Well, its getting late and we have to go take pictures. So bye.” Kris said pulling you away from them. You followed him to the car and stayed quiet the whole ride. “Why are you so quiet don’t you always have something stupid to say to me?” Kris said relaxing. You ignored him. “Why are you ignoring me now?” Kris was starting to get curious. You still didn’t answer him.

“Oh if it was because of yesterday, I’m sorry. I was a bit tipsy.” He said. *Liar you didn’t even drank.* You said to yourself.

“I’m sorry for hitting you. I really I am, it won’t happen again.” He looked over to see if you were listening. “Fine, if you won’t forgive me than I will take the silent treatment.” He stared out the window.

 

After the photoshot, you had to go to the party. Your feet were killing you by the end of the day. All you wanted to do was go to sleep or rest. Kris looked more tired than you but was trying hard to not show it. You were still not talking to him. The first thing that Kris did when he got to the venue was sit down and eat. You also started to eat. After the dinner you and Kris need to walk around. “Wait here, I need to go to the bathroom. I’ll be back.” He ran away before you could answer him. 

You awkwardly waited for him. “Well, well what do we have here.” Mrs. Choi said looking at you annoyed. You politely greeted her.

“Cut the bull, we all know that you aren’t as innocent as you look.” She interrupted you. You gave her a confuse look. “I do not know what you mean?”

“First you steal my precious daughter’s boyfriend and now you go chasing after the Wu’s fortune.” She answered.

*What Kris was dating Sera?* You were confused. *Kris never said anything about dating Sera? And why I’m I barely finding out.*

“They were dating happly until you came into the picture.” She didn’t look happy at all. *If Kris was dating Sera. Why didn’t Mr. Wu say anything to me?* “I didn’t know Kris was dating Sera?” You honestly answered. *The two who were fighting outside when I need to meet Kris for the first time where actually them two.* You were surprised.

“You stupid girl! You couldn’t even probably kiss Kris on the lips and instead you just kissed him on the cheek.” Mrs. Choi said.

“I don’t think you should be saying that right now. And it was me that told her to kiss me on the cheek.” Kris said out of now where.

Mrs. Choi got surprised. “Omo, where did you came out from? You didn’t hear everything right?” She was getting nervous by Kris being around her. Kris just stared at her. Mrs. Choi knew that she said something that she wasn't supposed to and quickly left. 

You stared at Kris. “You and Sera were dating?” 

Kris got surprised, “Who told you that?”

“Mrs. Choi right now.” You answered back.

Kris seemed like he was hiding something also. “We were but we broke up, don’t worry about it. Aren’t you at least happy that you got your wish and paid off your family’s debt.”

You just nodded your head at him. “Why did you guys break off?”

“I told you to forget about it.” Kris repeated himself. You stayed quiet.

“Isn’t it time to go dance the first dance?” Kris asked.

“I think so.” You answered him. He grabbed a hold of you and quickly followed after him. You looked the opposed way away from his face. At times it was really awkward that you didn’t know where to look.

“People are going to misunderstand that the kiss on the cheek and say it wasn’t real. Soon they will find out that you got married just to pay off your family's debt.” Kris said.

You looked at him, “So what do you want me to do?” You asked him.

“Wouldn’t a kiss right now convince them?” Kris said smiling at the guests.

“What? I’m not kissing you.” You replied pushing him off but he wouldn't let go off you.

“Fine than but your secret will soon be reviled.” Kris whispered in your ear.

You weren't convinced about kiss Kris but you also didn't want people to find out that you married him because of the money. “Fine but do it fast.” You rolled you eyes at him. Kris got closer to kiss you, both of you stopped dancing and just stood there. You could feel yes soft lips ontop of yours and noticed that you were turning all red. After what seemed like an eternity Kris stopped and looked around. “See know they believe that that the kiss was real.”

You looked around and saw everyone starting at the both of you. *Stupid jerk.* You thought to yourself. Kris got a text and had to leave quick, leaving you alone. Hyo saved you before things started to getting more awkward. “You need to get change into another dress.” You quickly followed him, trying to hid your red cheeks.

~

“What is it now?” Kris said to Sera.

“I just wanted to congratulate you.” She gave him a smile.

“Aren’t you at least happy that you didn’t marry me and your going to be a designer?” Kris gave her a blank look.

“I released that I don’t want to become a designer anymore.” Sera said walking towards the pool area.

“Well, if that’s all you want to say than I need to get back inside.” Kris said.

Sera looked at him and smiled, “Than go, I’m not stopping you.”

Kris came back and sat down, he looked annoyed once again. “Aren’t you guys going to cut the cake?” Mr. Wu asked. You looked at Kris and nodded to each other. Kris handed you the knife and helped you. “Hurry up.” He whispered.

“I’m going, wait.” You said trying to not mess up. Kris grabbed his piece and got some frosting on his hand. “Wait you have some frosting on you face?”

“Take it off.” You told him.

“There.” But he was smiling to himself.

“I see what you did there.” You said tiring to put frosting on his face also.

“No, stop your going to ruin my outfit.” Kris said trying to run away from you. “No, I’m not going to stop until I put frosting on your face.” You almost got him.

“Kris. Sera. Just. Feel. Into. The. Pool. And. Can’t. Swim.” Luhan tried catching his breath.

“What happened?” Kris stopped running away from you.

“I was walking outside for some air when I heard a splash and I released that it was Sera.” Luhan answered.

“Than why didn’t you help her?” Kris whipped the frosting off his cheek.

“I panicked.” Luhan admitted.

Kris put the cake on the table and started running towards the pool. You followed after him but he was to fast and the heels were killing your feet. Kris started to take his coat and shoes off. When you were getting closer Kris dived inside. The employers of the hotel followed after Kris to help him with Sera. The guests quickly came out to see what all the commotion was about. You picked up his shoes and coat so that they wouldn’t get stepped on. Kris pulled Sera to the edge of the pool and the employers quickly helped get Sera out of the water. 

“Sera!” Mrs. Choi said pushing you out of the way. Mr. Choi followed after Mrs. Choi. You watched as Kris tried giving her CPR.

“Sera!” Mrs. Choi kept crying. Sera finally responded.

“Here, put this on it's cold.” You gave Kris' jacket to her but her mom pushed you away.

“Get away from my daughter!” Mrs. Choi yelled at you. You backed away, not knowing what you did wrong. Kris grabbed his coat from you and put it on Sera. “Thank you for saving her.” Mr. Choi said to Kris. Kris just nodded.

Mrs. Choi glared at you, “This is all your fault!” You didn’t know what to say.

“Umma.” Sera effortlessly yelled.

“If it wasn’t for you Sera would have been okay.” Mrs. Choi almost slapped you across the face but Kris got a hold of her wrist.

“You shouldn’t be hitting people who didn’t do anything wrong.” Kris glared at Mrs. Choi.

“Let go! This tramp needs a lesson.” Mrs. Choi tried getting out off Kris grip.

“Stop it.” Mr. Choi said trying to get his wife away from you.

Kris helped Sera up. “Please take her.” He said to an employee. Sera face was surprised that Kris didn’t help her. The guests started to leave.

“Aren’t you going to see if she’s fine or help her?” You said looking at Kris. Kris looked back at the pool. “You should go see if she’s really okay.” You told him again.

“I’m married to you not her.” Kris showed his ring finger towards you. You felt your heart starting to beat fast when Kris told you that. You were surprised that Kris didn’t follow after Sera.

“You should go change, i'ts cold outside.” You started worrying about Kris.

“Fine, but you better follow after me or else Mrs. Choi is going to come after you.” He tried forming a smile towards you. You gave him a nodded and started following him. Your shoes were killing you but you didn't want to say anything to Kris. Kris noticed you walking funny, "You should take them off if they are hurting your feet." You quickly stopped and took your shoes off. Kris just shook his head.

 

Kris was trembling by the time he go to his room. You sat on the couch and waited for him. You wanted to know more about Sera and Kris and why they broke up. Hyo came with a brand new suit and handed it to Kris. 

“We better say bye to our guest and get some sleep.” Kris said coming out of the bathroom. 

The guest were already trying to figure out what was going on but everything got cleared up by Mr. Wu. “Does your grandfather now about Sera?” You asked him. Kris shook his head and didn’t say anything else.

“There you guys are.” Mr. Wu said.

“What is it know?” Kris was worried that his grandfather might have founded out about his secret. "Thanks for helping Sera, Kris." Mr. Wu said to him cheerfully and handed Kris some random keys. “This is your new room.”

“Don't tell me I'm sharing a room with her?” Kris was surprised.

Mr. Wu looked at him. “Yes, you guys are sharing a room. You just got married and now could share a room.” Both of you looked at each other confused..

After Mr. Wu left, Kris was figuring out how to get separate rooms. “We can’t get a new room or else the manger might tell him.” 

“But didn’t he tell us that we are married and we need only one room.” You said stopping him.

“Fine than you sleep on the couch and I will sleep on the bed.” Kris said.

“Fine, whatever.” You answered him back annoyed.

 


So I hoped everyone had a good Christmas ^^ I would like to thank REGULUS for the poster. I just noticed that this chaper is long, sorry about that.

Comment and Subscribe